Hand Clap Bundle is in the shop, new REs from Robotic Bean!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Juan Rosa

05 Mar 2016

too expensive for just claps

buddard
RE Developer

06 Mar 2016

joeyluck wrote:I think it could fit with two rows of CV connections (inputs top row, outputs bottom row) ;)
Or maybe just add a switch that enables Poly CV on the gate output. Then you could use the free Polymodular CV Breakout Box to get the separate voice triggers out. :)

(Speaking hypothetically here, of course.)

Jagwah

06 Mar 2016

Thanks Robotic Bean, stellar performance once again!

As with the awesome Euclid, it's great to take this device beyond its original intentions and get CV crazy with it!!

Well done!!

joeyluck

06 Mar 2016

buddard wrote:
joeyluck wrote:I think it could fit with two rows of CV connections (inputs top row, outputs bottom row) ;)
Or maybe just add a switch that enables Poly CV on the gate output. Then you could use the free Polymodular CV Breakout Box to get the separate voice triggers out. :)

(Speaking hypothetically here, of course.)
Didn't think of this option. That would be cool! I haven't done much with poly CV, so wasn't sure how it works.

For me personally, just the same as the built-in patterns are there for convenience, the same can somewhat be said of the claps. Albeit, the included claps are excellent. I see this device as being that separate CV tool for number of clappers, spread and slop, etc; with that extra functionality built-in to achieve results on it's own.

Speaking of using this in conjunction with other devices (and I'm sure most folks must be doing this)...
The AC-1 and EC-1 pair perfectly. Layering them helps to achieve some very nice results.

Faastwalker

08 Mar 2016

The EC-1 looks exactly like a Yamaha Portasound PS-3. I'm buying it just for that! :D

Neosaki

09 Mar 2016

I like how the video tries to make it seem like it is such an inconvenience to load a sample into reason. 9$ for this device would be reasonable. 25$? bleh.

Neosaki

09 Mar 2016

scifunk wrote:At those prices I'll happily load a sample in to a Kong or ReDrum
Not to mention having control of the pitch

geronimo

09 Mar 2016

Already mentioned, but this does not seem to interest anyone!
geronimo wrote:Sorry but I'm surprised : no Pitch control ?

joeyluck

09 Mar 2016

Faastwalker wrote:The EC-1 looks exactly like a Yamaha Portasound PS-3. I'm buying it just for that! :D

I'd bet the GUI was certainly inspired by it. Everything from the knobs, to the buttons, to the 'auto rhythm' section; including the 4 patterns and synchro start.

Pinkbox

09 Mar 2016

I'll buy the 1.1 version with pitch control.

Lov2sing

09 Mar 2016

I thinking if it did finger snaps would be a great addition and maybe high-hat hits. Yet if that was included maybe a trigger to cv any other reason devises which it could be tuned off center to give a double hit effect.
We make music for a reason

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2016

Pinkbox wrote:I'll buy the 1.1 version with pitch control.
Pitch control would be an improvement for sure.

challism

10 Mar 2016

EC-1 already has pitch control via the frequency knob. AC-1 does not, and it makes since to me not to have pitch control on this one, since the "A" in AC-1 stands for acoustic (ie, natural).
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Pinkbox

10 Mar 2016

challism wrote:EC-1 already has pitch control via the frequency knob. AC-1 does not, and it makes since to me not to have pitch control on this one, since the "A" in AC-1 stands for acoustic (ie, natural).
Pitch control for EC-1 seems to be a 6 or 12 band pass filter on a noise sound.
I always use pitch control on claps. Let's call the AC-1 EAC-1 instead and give it pitch control.

challism

10 Mar 2016

Pinkbox wrote:
challism wrote:EC-1 already has pitch control via the frequency knob. AC-1 does not, and it makes since to me not to have pitch control on this one, since the "A" in AC-1 stands for acoustic (ie, natural).
Pitch control for EC-1 seems to be a 6 or 12 band pass filter on a noise sound.
I always use pitch control on claps. Let's call the AC-1 EAC-1 instead and give it pitch control.
Well, until it does get pitch control, you can hook it up to Neptune. :lol:

ebop

12 Mar 2016

satyr32 wrote:Yes it needs the "slide" function.
Yup

I tried creating a pre-beat clap in one of these clap REs by hooking a JP Lolth (CV delay offset knob) to manipulate the gate from a matrix but couldn't get it to work. I'm sure I've used Lolth before for this kind of thing with Kong/matrix but it didn't work last night on the clap RE. It'd been a while since I've used Lolth so it was prob user error.

Anyways, a slide knob on the clap RE would be a very good thing.

challism

12 Mar 2016

Here are a couple of presets/combi patches I made while I was beta testing the clappers. They didn't make the 1st release, so they aren't in the factory presets for the clappers, but they are useful for shifting the timing of the claps among other things. Hope these help someone.
Shuffle.zip
(2.63 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Juan Rosa

15 Mar 2016

$9.00 just for Electric Clapper, i dont' have any problem to load sample or record my own claps!

buddard
RE Developer

16 Mar 2016

Juan Rosa wrote:$9.00 just for Electric Clapper, i dont' have any problem to load sample or record my own claps!
Well, if you participate in the Hand Clap Challenge you have the chance to win one or both of them for free: http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7493741

tiker01

16 Mar 2016

I don't get it why people are against of these clappers. They are quite handy to add an extra layer of percussion with a sprinkle of versatility in the sound to make it less robotic, khm :)

They can make life much easier just like many other Res they are not indispensable so if it doesn't worth it for you don't buy after you tried. But please don't judge before you try!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

kuhliloach

20 Aug 2016

I'd like to boot my PC with Reason and the Electro / Acoustic clappers already loaded. If I buy the original Clapper as seen on TV can I do all this by clapping twice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny8-G8EoWOw

challism

21 Aug 2016

kuhliloach wrote:I'd like to boot my PC with Reason and the Electro / Acoustic clappers already loaded. If I buy the original Clapper as seen on TV can I do all this by clapping twice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny8-G8EoWOw
Clap on, clap off.... Gonorrhea >>>> penicillin

kuhliloach

05 Sep 2016

clap on.

clap off.

clap on, clap off.

my wallet.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2016

I've got to say, I've been using these clappers far more than I first thought I would.
You could always load clap samples, but you would miss out on the round robins and the ability to quickly adjust things to taste.

kuhliloach

16 Sep 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:I've got to say, I've been using these clappers far more than I first thought I would.
You could always load clap samples, but you would miss out on the round robins and the ability to quickly adjust things to taste.
agreed. These are brilliant. Once the clappers can accept any sample we will finally reach the awesome power of the year 2000!

http://www.emusician.com/gear/1332/prop ... n-10/32188

• Information