Any news?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
spacefarmer

12 Apr 2016

Does anybody know something about releases of new rack extensions the next time?
We know that zakunaprod will release a wavetablesynth, but I hope that it won't be the
only RE...

Reasonistas
RE Developer

12 Apr 2016

spacefarmer wrote:Does anybody know something about releases of new rack extensions the next time?
We know that zakunaprod will release a wavetablesynth, but I hope that it won't be the
only RE...
Reasonistas has a page that shows "leaked" Rack Extensions: http://reasonistas.wix.com/reasonistas# ... aked/oq9s6

However, only two leaked devices in the rack are actually coming out in the near future:

⚫ Jiggery-Pokery Sound's Combo Electric Harpsichord
⚫ ZakunaProd's Lithium Wavetable Synth

The other devices in the rack are old, so they may or may not come to fruition.

There are another 3 devices not included in the "leaked" device rack which are also in the pipeline, but the developers have requested that we don't leak any info or images of them (yet).
ImageImageImage

riemac

13 Apr 2016

Good to hear, that there are at least 3 new devices in the pipeline.
In the last months the RE market is really slow. Very few new RE's has been released.
What bothers me the most is that since Zero there has been no big synth released.

Benedict
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2016

I worry that we are all making each other nervous with all this nervous talk. I know of at least three synths in the pipe and they all bring something interesting to the table.

Besides if you have exhausted Zero already then you are not trying LOL

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

13 Apr 2016

riemac wrote: What bothers me the most is that since Zero there has been no big synth released.

Gee, thanks!

riemac

13 Apr 2016

Benedict wrote: Besides if you have exhausted Zero already then you are not trying LOL
:)
I wouldn't say that I have exhausted Zero yet... it's only my GAS ;-)

But you are probably right with the nervous talk.

Faastwalker

13 Apr 2016

It does seem extremely slow on the RE front. It feels like we're ever so gradually grinding to a complete halt. There used to be a thread 'RE's released this month' or something along that line. I think it has stopped now. I can't remember the last time I saw that thread & it's not surprising given the release rate of RE's. Quite sad really :( Still, at least we've got Alihoopa!! :?

riemac

13 Apr 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote: Gee, thanks!
Sorry JiggeryPokery, it was not my intention to say, that your Harmonic Synthesizer isn't a big or great synth.
It seems to be a very good and beautiful device in which went a lot of work, but it isn't my cup of tea for modern electronic music.

DLDTech

13 Apr 2016

Faastwalker wrote:It does seem extremely slow on the RE front. It feels like we're ever so gradually grinding to a complete halt. There used to be a thread 'RE's released this month' or something along that line. I think it has stopped now. I can't remember the last time I saw that thread & it's not surprising given the release rate of RE's. Quite sad really :( Still, at least we've got Alihoopa!! :?
It's getting really difficult to come up with original ideas now - most standard instruments and effects already have several RE implementations so competition is much higher now. That competition means lower returns for developers, so it's harder to justify starting a new extension.

Of course PH themselves don't have that issue, as for them adding a high value device also helps Reason sales, so I'd expect to continue to see big releases from them.

I'm sure we'll keep seeing a trickle of interesting devices from established and new devs, but the days of several big releases per month are probably over.

As for DLD - I still have a few ideas I'm working on....
Megasaur Supersaw synth now released Follow @DLDTechnology for new stuff!

riemac

13 Apr 2016

DLDTech wrote: As for DLD - I still have a few ideas I'm working on....
That is good to hear, I'll be looking forward to any new device or synth from you. I love Megasaur, can't say it often enough ;-)

boobytrap

13 Apr 2016

Decimort 2 is the last one in the shop witch looks like a professional device. many of them in the leaked list are looks like toys. if it's suppose to be like that, I have some suggestions. (Ex. Cassette Recorder Audio Processor Re)

how about can synapse can add two bunnies on Antidote in the next update.

Radical Piano background similar to white. how about pink

also DEV's can use unicorns, rainbows ...........

Upcoming Re
Upcomming Re.jpg
Upcomming Re.jpg (40.44 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

DLDTech

13 Apr 2016

Sorry that synth is not possible - SDK limits us to rectangular devices... ;)
Megasaur Supersaw synth now released Follow @DLDTechnology for new stuff!

boobytrap

13 Apr 2016

DLDTech wrote:Sorry that synth is not possible - SDK limits us to rectangular devices... ;)
This One is Square !

myfirststepsequencer[1].png
myfirststepsequencer[1].png (89.76 KiB) Viewed 2800 times

Alkua

13 Apr 2016

Rack Extension developing is slow. PH has to do something to encourage developer to keep working.

aftrshok99

13 Apr 2016

Been away from Reason for over a year and was wondering if there has been many new RE's made? Seems to me that most of the RE's are mid 2015 or older. Are they just not being developed like they were at first?
Reason+ / Bitwig Studio 4 / NI Maschine MK3 / Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 / NI M32

boobytrap

13 Apr 2016

Alkua wrote:Rack Extension developing is slow. PH has to do something to encourage developer to keep working.
slow isn't a problem. only we ne need hi end Rack Extensions. not kindergarten toys. among the all of synths Re, Antidote is the only Pro Type Synth that we have. same happen fx Re.

Electric-Metal

13 Apr 2016

boobytrap wrote:...Antidote is the only Pro Type Synth that we have.
Seems you´ve forgot about Predator.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

riemac

13 Apr 2016

Electric-Metal wrote:
And Blamesoft Zero... ;-)

K.Markov

13 Apr 2016

riemac wrote:
Electric-Metal wrote:

And Korg Mono/Poly... :mrgreen:

Alkua

13 Apr 2016

boobytrap wrote:
Alkua wrote:Rack Extension developing is slow. PH has to do something to encourage developer to keep working.
slow isn't a problem. only we ne need hi end Rack Extensions. not kindergarten toys. among the all of synths Re, Antidote is the only Pro Type Synth that we have. same happen fx Re.
I understand your point but, and I more worry about functionality than RE. After I try so many plugins (AU and RE), I end learning that you just need a decent EQ, Compressor, Reverb and Echo to do a good mix.

About synth, there are some good synth,but PH Really need to add synth like Massive, Sylenth and NI.

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

13 Apr 2016

I've just finished designing the rear panel of something... quite special... which we'll be announcing shortly. :P
Our full RE catalogue: shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=AirRaid+Audio
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/airraid-audio
Twitter: twitter.com/AirRaidAudio
Official site: airraidaudio.com

riemac

13 Apr 2016

AirRaidAudio wrote:I've just finished designing the rear panel of something... quite special... which we'll be announcing shortly. :P
Good to hear.

kuhliloach

13 Apr 2016

AirRaidAudio - thank you. For everything.

challism

13 Apr 2016

I've been beta testing a new synth that should be hitting the shop any day now. It's quite unique and I think it will be a big success. I can't go into any more details about it, though. Stay tuned!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

boobytrap

13 Apr 2016

K.Markov wrote:
riemac wrote:
Electric-Metal wrote:

And Korg Mono/Poly... :mrgreen:

And kHs One.

Predator is my very First Re with Reason Essential 1.5. really hi class synth and I love it. also other synths too. because all of the developers putting there hard effort to make them. i respect that, coz i can't make them or I'm not rich enough to buy a real synthesizer. ( like mini moog or DX 7).
reason only i mention Antidote, it is the only one Re Like Sylenth1(one of top 5 vst).
i like to see native instruments, fabfiler, waves, like pro works in PH shop

• Information