Roland Juno 106 RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
K1TTENM1TTEN

26 Apr 2016

I can't remember, is there an RE that is supposed to be modeled off of the Juno 106? Or am I just recalling a dream?

Aquila

26 Apr 2016

I think someone was trying to make one for the JX3P at some point, but I dunno about the 106.

Skullture

26 Apr 2016

Aquila wrote:I think someone was trying to make one for the JX3P at some point, but I dunno about the 106.
I own a real one with mod bank, the chorus on it is the best i've ever heard. :puf_bigsmile:

K1TTENM1TTEN

26 Apr 2016

I suppose it was only but a dream then, haha! Well hopefully some day someone will make one :-D

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2016

ReDominator is an emulation of the Alpha Juno 1/2 (JU-1/2)

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nthesizer/

sdst
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2016

subtractor is good for Juno things

Mauricio Duarte

26 Apr 2016

I hope to see someday a deal for the Redominator..

Skullture

26 Apr 2016

Mauricio Duarte wrote:I hope to see someday a deal for the Redominator..
Last deal was 45EUR with Black Friday, I'd love to see a steeper price drop :puf_smile: I love the sound of this thing.

Loque

26 Apr 2016

Its in the synth rig.
Reason12, Win10

snowcattt

27 Apr 2016

In the REFILLS AND PATCHES topic, I just posted an email I received from Softphonics coming in May....they are prepping to release a 106 Refill in May...just a pre-release email, if you will...I am not affiliated...
http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7494465

http://www.softphonics.com/
Invent the life you want to live.

The_G

27 Apr 2016

ReDominator is dope.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Mauricio Duarte

27 Apr 2016

Skullture wrote:
Last deal was 45EUR with Black Friday, I'd love to see a steeper price drop :puf_smile: I love the sound of this thing.
Exactly!

I remember, and I also remember the PX7 for like 35EUR or something like that. a total bargain :P

Redominator rocks!

PurpleMonkeyDishes

27 Apr 2016

This comes out in a few hours time, although its a 7GB refill rather than an Re

TOPIC

Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

mreese80

27 Apr 2016

I've got to have that. I have a Typhoon Juno 106 kontakt bank and i also have 250 wave samples from a actual board, but nothing like this refill. This is a classic legendary synth
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

mreese80

27 Apr 2016

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:This comes out in a few hours time, although its a 7GB refill rather than an Re

TOPIC

thanks for the info. i prefer refills over RE's anyday but that's just me.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

K1TTENM1TTEN

28 Apr 2016

mreese80 wrote:thanks for the info. i prefer refills over RE's anyday but that's just me.
Really? I mean, don't get me wrong, I think that Bitley's Fairlight Platinum refill is one of the greatest refills of all time, but an RE typically gives you so much more control/flexibility and is not a sample library (and thus smaller in size). Plus, they typically include emulated effects and other things not included/obtainable with stock Reason devices. I would prefer a Juno 106 RE over any sample library, as long as they actually emulated it in a truly accurate way (I still wish Arturia would do REs...).

mreese80

28 Apr 2016

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:
mreese80 wrote:thanks for the info. i prefer refills over RE's anyday but that's just me.
Really? I mean, don't get me wrong, I think that Bitley's Fairlight Platinum refill is one of the greatest refills of all time, but an RE typically gives you so much more control/flexibility and is not a sample library (and thus smaller in size). Plus, they typically include emulated effects and other things not included/obtainable with stock Reason devices. I would prefer a Juno 106 RE over any sample library, as long as they actually emulated it in a truly accurate way (I still wish Arturia would do REs...).
i guess it's because i have a lot of vst's and i wish i could use those. and some RE's they have (not all) i have in vst format and i wouldn't purchase them twice. I tried to download some a while back (demos() and they failed downloading. Than when i went back to try again it said the trial was up. I never got a chance to test them. I contacted props and they gave me a run around for days via email. I eventually told them forget it and that i wouldn't ever try again.

mreese80

28 Apr 2016

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:
Yea, and you're right about Bitley's, but all of his refills are great. I have no complaints about those. I have the miroslav gold bundle also. I've been going through a lot of refills lately because i didn't realize what i had in some. But the strings i never from them either but i'm gonna give it another try. A lot of the strings i have seem to have a lot of tremolo and that's not what i also want

PurpleMonkeyDishes

28 Apr 2016

Turning it into an RE would require a "whole load of different red tape issues" is what was said previously... Red Tape = a much higher cost to end users. So in these cases Im perfectly fine with refills.
I bought the Juno refill this morning and it sounds exactly the same as the real thing! So I'm happy, no complaints from me.. I'm delighted softphonics keep trying to bring something new to reason.. hope they don't stop ... I have a juno 106 in my rack for 28 bucks...
Seriously! Think about it.
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

K1TTENM1TTEN

28 Apr 2016

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:Turning it into an RE would require a "whole load of different red tape issues" is what was said previously... Red Tape = a much higher cost to end users. So in these cases Im perfectly fine with refills.
I bought the Juno refill this morning and it sounds exactly the same as the real thing! So I'm happy, no complaints from me.. I'm delighted softphonics keep trying to bring something new to reason.. hope they don't stop ... I have a juno 106 in my rack for 28 bucks...
Seriously! Think about it.
I'll definitely consider it, I have all of Bitley's refills and enjoy each one of them greatly, so I know what a Refill can do. But I would certainly not mind spending $50-99 for an RE version of the Juno 106, just as I do not mind spending $50 for a Korg Mono/Poly. Simply put, there are certain things that a Juno 106 can do that a stock Reason device can't. I am willing to pay extra for those things because they give me a non-limited version of a synth I'd love to buy but don't want to lug around/make room for. Refills are like only having the default patches on a synth and not being able to play with the parameters. Sure, there are some great stock patches, but I want to be able to edit things just like the real thing, in real time. There are major benefits to REs over Refills, but that doesn't mean that Refills have little-to-no value, it just means that I would like to have a virtual version instead of a massive sample set. :D

PurpleMonkeyDishes

28 Apr 2016

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote: I'll definitely consider it, I have all of Bitley's refills and enjoy each one of them greatly, so I know what a Refill can do. But I would certainly not mind spending $50-99 for an RE version of the Juno 106, just as I do not mind spending $50 for a Korg Mono/Poly. Simply put, there are certain things that a Juno 106 can do that a stock Reason device can't. I am willing to pay extra for those things because they give me a non-limited version of a synth I'd love to buy but don't want to lug around/make room for. Refills are like only having the default patches on a synth and not being able to play with the parameters. Sure, there are some great stock patches, but I want to be able to edit things just like the real thing, in real time. There are major benefits to REs over Refills, but that doesn't mean that Refills have little-to-no value, it just means that I would like to have a virtual version instead of a massive sample set. :D

I think the main aim of the refill was to put the default patches from the original synths into the reason users hands. So that was possible with a refill without the need for RE build. But so far Im really enjoying it, The fact there is samples involved does not mean it is too rigid, there is a certain amount of altering that can be done
Attachments
JUNRE106 rev.jpg
JUNRE106 rev.jpg (94.72 KiB) Viewed 4542 times
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

joeyluck

28 Apr 2016

When it comes to ReFills vs. REs I tend to lean more towards RE's for the amount of control. I enjoy ReFills for sample libraries of acoustic instruments mostly, but sometimes analog synths occasionally.

I think in terms of analog synths, arguments can be made from both sides about a great software emulation with 1:1 control vs. sound captured from the real analog synth which might have much less control (and what control there is not necessarily being a representation of it's behavior). But as an out of the box, preset library, they can sound fantastic and be very useful. So, something like a Jupiter 8 ReFill I find appealing.

In terms of digital synths though like the DX7, a sample ReFill is a hard sell for me having the PX7 (a spot-on, faithful representation of a digital synth). If I were to purchase a ReFill, I would much rather have a ReFill of PX7 patches/Combinators that has a much smaller footprint (tiny), which offers much more control.

Sorry to continue things off-topic. I do hope that we one day see a Juno-106 RE and maybe a Jupiter 8 RE as well. I hope Audiorealism someday is the one to deliver :)

Softphonics

28 Apr 2016

joeyluck wrote: I do hope that we one day see a Juno-106 RE and maybe a Jupiter 8 RE as well. I hope Audiorealism someday is the one to deliver :)
Ok but in the mean time while you are waiting for things that have not happened yet, We went to extreme lengths to get these refills right, And we are current and willing to bring new things to Reason. :refill: :!:
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

joeyluck

28 Apr 2016

Softphonics wrote:
joeyluck wrote: I do hope that we one day see a Juno-106 RE and maybe a Jupiter 8 RE as well. I hope Audiorealism someday is the one to deliver :)
Ok but in the mean time while you are waiting for things that have not happened yet, We went to extreme lengths to get these refills right, And we are current and willing to bring new things to Reason. :refill: :!:
Of course! Didn't say I'd turn down good ReFills in the meantime (or after a RE is released). I made a case for myself pertaining to analog synths. I could have a Jupiter 8 emulation, but still buy Jupiter 8-based ReFills :)

Softphonics

28 Apr 2016

Ye I hear ya Joey,
There is definitely something very nice to having the sound in your rack. .. For instance...
From a personal stand-point
I am lucky enough to have a Jupiter 8, and also a Boutique JP-08, But for the past month I have not used them because now having them in the rack refill is so handy. And I even went to the trouble of building cheeks and a case for my boutique ... But I can see myself getting more use from the refill from this point.. Oh well!
Attachments
20160220_194725.jpg
20160220_194725.jpg (3.37 MiB) Viewed 4522 times
Last edited by Softphonics on 28 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

• Information