Lithium WT Synthesizer released

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
miscend

29 Apr 2016

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
If Thor is $15 on the iPad, then I feel like that's how much they should cost in the Re Shop.
You ought to be joking. Right? Look at how much Waldorf Nave costs on the iPad compared to the VSTi.

Mauricio Duarte

29 Apr 2016

Just awesome!Thank you guys

Noplan
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2016

Loque wrote:
Noplan wrote:Looks promising. I love its' simplicity. Seems like i want to buy it just by looking at it. :D
But compared to real synths like Zero i prefere Zero.
Thats because you can't compare it to Zero. Apples and oranges. ;)
I can and i did.

dhruan

30 Apr 2016

Oh man, love the sound quality and sounds... and thanks for the shitload of patches, nice to see effort put into that too. More than excellent value. And yes, bought. :)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

rpowers9

30 Apr 2016

damn it, too many positive reviews to not buy for 9 dollars. Buncha RE whores...

Libraquaricorn

30 Apr 2016

Nice device. Nice price. Fun to play with. Beautiful GUI. Thanks! Made me pull the trigger on Natilus as well, since I already was in the IDT shop...

TheGodOfRainbows

30 Apr 2016

miscend wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
If Thor is $15 on the iPad, then I feel like that's how much they should cost in the Re Shop.
You ought to be joking. Right? Look at how much Waldorf Nave costs on the iPad compared to the VSTi.
I guess I just don't understand why the same synth varies in price so much depending on whether it is on iOS or Re/VST.

$15 for Thor and $20 for Nave on iPad are amazing prices. I always wondered how they could afford to sell them so cheaply as apps vs plugins. Isn't Thor on the iPad identical in sound and function to the DAW version?

avasopht
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2016

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
miscend wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
I guess I just don't understand why the same synth varies in price so much depending on whether it is on iOS or Re/VST.

$15 for Thor and $20 for Nave on iPad are amazing prices. I always wondered how they could afford to sell them so cheaply as apps vs plugins. Isn't Thor on the iPad identical in sound and function to the DAW version?
Because you'll never sell iPad apps at a higher price, so you have to price them cheaper. It's why most games are FREE or under 99c. It would be ridiculous to say, well if your game's 99c on the app store it should be 99c on the XBox. Different market with different price expectations

O1B

30 Apr 2016

Cyclop APP is $25. I would've paid more. The Patch Browsing - a la D16 - makes it a VERY accessible synth.
Propellerhead would have to venture into the 'other' GUI world (U-He's World) or be pretty creative in the current one to compete.

Thor could be worth more in the iOS realm.... if it were more accessible to get at its Goodness.

Now... about Lithium: .....i hear its a light metal that highly reactive.... Im in.
Can i have mine Dripped in Silver, pls?

lakinlakin

01 May 2016

Just bought it. Didn't try it first.

First RE I've purchased. Tried loads but always had the "could do this in Thor.... Too expensive" voice nagging at me.

This is priced just right.

Loque

01 May 2016

lakinlakin wrote:Just bought it. Didn't try it first.

First RE I've purchased. Tried loads but always had the "could do this in Thor.... Too expensive" voice nagging at me.

Yes, its not possible to do this with Thor :lol:
Reason12, Win10

lakinlakin

01 May 2016

Loque wrote:
lakinlakin wrote:Just bought it. Didn't try it first.

Yes, its not possible to do this with Thor :lol:
I know I may be able to replicate Lithium with Thor but Lithium is only 9 Euros, therefore not too expensive.

Noplan
Competition Winner

02 May 2016

Just bought this little bastard, because I get quick results out of it for my needs. nice clear surface, good price!

K1TTENM1TTEN

03 May 2016

ZakunaProd wrote:A lot of support from you guys!
It feels good when you've put a lot of work in making it. :)
My philosophy is simple; Build something you love and would like to use yourself.
Question: Because of my lack of knowledge of the limitations of IDE-based REs, please pardon my ignorance - Is it possible that there could be an updated version of this RE that would have LFO routes that I could choose?

For example - I want LFO 1 to affect OSC 1 and OSC2, but then I want to have LFO 2 to only affect OSC 2, having LFO routing buttons would be awesome! It would also be fun to have the LFO be able to just be routed to the Filter, itself as well. So, to me at least, adding three little on/off buttons controlling the LFO's routing would be a valuable asset to this synth. Zakuna Prod, would this be a possible/feasible update to this device in the near future?

Rice

04 May 2016

Love this little gem...any plans for Refills?

ZakunaProd

06 May 2016

Rice wrote:Love this little gem...any plans for Refills?
Thanks!

Not at this time but maybe later.

I also want to show you a new demo of the distortion in action. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQD9OTPtqUQ

ZakunaProd

06 May 2016

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:
My philosophy is simple; Build something you love and would like to use yourself.
Question: Because of my lack of knowledge of the limitations of IDE-based REs, please pardon my ignorance - Is it possible that there could be an updated version of this RE that would have LFO routes that I could choose?

For example - I want LFO 1 to affect OSC 1 and OSC2, but then I want to have LFO 2 to only affect OSC 2, having LFO routing buttons would be awesome! It would also be fun to have the LFO be able to just be routed to the Filter, itself as well. So, to me at least, adding three little on/off buttons controlling the LFO's routing would be a valuable asset to this synth. Zakuna Prod, would this be a possible/feasible update to this device in the near future?
It is perfectly possible to implement all of that, but I purposely wanted it to be minimalist in some sense.
I wanted the synth to have a personality, so I focused more on the wavetables.

K1TTENM1TTEN

06 May 2016

ZakunaProd wrote:
K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:

It is perfectly possible to implement all of that, but I purposely wanted it to be minimalist in some sense.
So I take it that is a "no" to updating the synth to having the LFOs being assignable? :lol:

XysteR

06 May 2016

It's a steal for that price so I nailed it...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 May 2016

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:
ZakunaProd wrote:
K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:

So I take it that is a "no" to updating the synth to having the LFOs being assignable? :lol:
wack it in a combinator and control your OSC via a LFO from there.. :geek:

RequiemMachine

23 May 2016

The thing I like about these "smaller" synths is they're fairly easy to combine together in a Combi to make some more complicated and interesting combinations. I think they lend themselves well to the modular approach of Reason. I, personally, like use them to kinda fill a role similar to Thor's different oscillator types. Through a few of them in a combinator with some interesting effects and such then route them all through a line mixer and take that through a Thor audio in and out its 3rd filter and bam...new "synth" combi! Good stuff....and why I love Reason.
Reason+ / Ableton Live / VCV Rack 2 pro
Producer/Artist of Sasquatch Cloaking Technology
Musican ~ Illustrator ~ Professional Napper

16BitBear

23 May 2016

I picked it up immediately upon release as well. In a Combinator, I can get more control over, and thus far, I am liking it.

Thanks. :thumbs_up:

yeahright31

23 May 2016

It's a gem, although I've only used it in one track it inspired me to create a tune beyond what I even thought I am capable of making.
Even if I don't make another tune with it, this to me feels like it's worth it's asking price.
I still think i'll get so much use of of this gem, it sounds fantastic.

• Information