Heavyocity AEON Now available for Reason

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
The_G

09 May 2016

boobytrap wrote:Signup there newsletter and get 10% discount!
That does sweeten the deal a bit.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

PurpleMonkeyDishes

09 May 2016

lowpryo wrote:
on the other hand, there's something like ProjectSAM which charged $140 for 6 instruments (which might end up as one of my biggest "regrets" if this thing sounds comparable). I wouldn't put these guys in the "taking advantage" pile, but I'm sure they upcharge the Reason market purely because Reason does not have a big marketshare in the DAW world and they need to make a buck off this somehow.

Ye i totally agree with that. ProjectSam was indeed a regret too. I bought the RE

With Aeon I think Ill stick to the vst, It is great to have them here, but from experience and the fact the vst has way more in it,
ill sit this one out and keep my trousers on tight, Im still recovering from the last time I got shafted in the prop shop :lol:
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

PurpleMonkeyDishes

09 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:Looks like UJAM helped with these:
http://www.heavyocity.com/Downloads/AEO ... Manual.pdf
Thanks Heavocity and UJAM for bringing us more fun toys! :)
Ujam ordered to give special treatment to big dev's until they get the SDK sorted properly?
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

Marc64

09 May 2016

Mmj85 wrote:Trailing and downloading AEON Organic but does not completely finish Downloading, it stops as 445MB out of 4.3 GB am i doing something wrong? ;( Please Help.
PS: I have fast internet and never had this issue with downloading big files.
Specs:
-MAC OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
-REASON 7.1.2
Update your authorizer if you havenät the newest one.

https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... -download/

tibah

09 May 2016

I don't want to be THAT guy, but...

Trialing Organic, since I have already enough synth stuff. Seems there is no way to actual combine the source material that those "patches" are made of? I thought you could load switch sounds inside the channels and use the engine to build your custom sounds as well, but it's all fixed by patch?

PurpleMonkeyDishes

09 May 2016

tibah wrote:I don't want to be THAT guy, but...

Trialing Organic, since I have already enough synth stuff. Seems there is no way to actual combine the source material that those "patches" are made of? I thought you could load switch sounds inside the channels and use the engine to build your custom sounds as well, but it's all fixed by patch?
Really? So technically is it just 100 samples in a fancy box??? Have not trialed it
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

tibah

09 May 2016

It seems there are 100 sounds, wrapped into roughly 30 patches, but some of them are layers of the sounds, that you can mix, modifier or solo/mute, so there is a way to access them, but there is no way to combine them individually. Unless I'm missing something (checked the manual).

Skullture

09 May 2016

Despondo wrote:
Noplan wrote:
Despondo wrote:Would be nice to see a video of this in action. Wonder what the back looks like? I'd like to trial, but would be nice to see it in actual use first before trialing.
aeon.jpg
Thanks for posting....About what I expected! LOL!
IDT IDT IDT :D

esselfortium

09 May 2016

I'm trying to trial this, but the authorizer is instantly reporting "Download failed. Please check your internet connection and available disk space and try again." before anything even starts. I'm not low on disk space, at all...
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Marc64

09 May 2016

esselfortium wrote:I'm trying to trial this, but the authorizer is instantly reporting "Download failed. Please check your internet connection and available disk space and try again." before anything even starts. I'm not low on disk space, at all...
Updated authorizer? migth help...

Marc64

09 May 2016

tibah wrote:It seems there are 100 sounds, wrapped into roughly 30 patches, but some of them are layers of the sounds, that you can mix, modifier or solo/mute, so there is a way to access them, but there is no way to combine them individually. Unless I'm missing something (checked the manual).
Maybe with a combinator? or it might be much cpu usage?

esselfortium

09 May 2016

Marc64 wrote:
esselfortium wrote:I'm trying to trial this, but the authorizer is instantly reporting "Download failed. Please check your internet connection and available disk space and try again." before anything even starts. I'm not low on disk space, at all...
Updated authorizer? migth help...
Thanks, but still no luck, unfortunately. What the heck. :|
Sarah Mancuso

tibah

09 May 2016

Seems some people have issues with the larger download. I used to have that as well, many moons ago, with ReTron. Always download fails. Even back then I had to use a download manager to get Reason Essentials downloaded, so it would resume the download once it fails. Now everything smooth with this download and I guess PH will always say "check your internet". Maybe a resume feature for the authorizer/download process would be a nice addition.

tibah

09 May 2016

Marc64 wrote:
tibah wrote:It seems there are 100 sounds, wrapped into roughly 30 patches, but some of them are layers of the sounds, that you can mix, modifier or solo/mute, so there is a way to access them, but there is no way to combine them individually. Unless I'm missing something (checked the manual).
Maybe with a combinator? or it might be much cpu usage?
I'm sure you can do a lot inside the RE itself, by using all the various effects and modulation available. I guess I expected something else. :)

esselfortium

09 May 2016

tibah wrote:Seems some people have issues with the larger download. I used to have that as well, many moons ago, with ReTron. Always download fails. Even back then I had to use a download manager to get Reason Essentials downloaded, so it would resume the download once it fails. Now everything smooth with this download and I guess PH will always say "check your internet". Maybe a resume feature for the authorizer/download process would be a nice addition.
Somehow trying it like 30 more times made it finally work. It's at least started now, so hopefully it'll be able to finish without randomly dying on me. Yuck.
Sarah Mancuso

tibah

09 May 2016

Good luck. My ReTron experience, would always load, but also always fail at the ~200MB mark...

Marc64

09 May 2016

Worked after I had upadted the Authorizer :)

KIKBAK1

09 May 2016

I don't know about this yet. Off the top of my head, I think a built in reverb would of been a nice addition. Maybe I'm a little bias, because I've been recently using a xv5080 which is probably thee best Rompler ever made, and blows this thing out the water. I'll give it a fair shot and use it on a track and see how it feels after, but def not a instabuy for me.
KIKBAK1.com

Nirude

09 May 2016

If the makers of AEON are online, I have a message for them:
Standing ovations for the UI.
:thumbs_up:
3d man.

sinnerfire

09 May 2016

Heavyocity making Re's for Reason??????

Im so happy i want to cry :lol:

Im going to trial them tonight then buy them even if they sound SHIT!!

We need more developers in the shop like these incredibly good looking chaps.
https://drumandbassasylum.com/ Free Samples + Presets for Reason.

PurpleMonkeyDishes

09 May 2016

Nirude wrote:If the makers of AEON are online, I have a message for them:
Ujam, The people who write the SDK for building RE's had a special role in this one, Emulating their Kontakt UI's must have been an essential contract maker...
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

PurpleMonkeyDishes

09 May 2016

sinnerfire wrote: We need more developers in the shop like these incredibly good looking chaps.

So the current pile of developers are ugly? .. What a way to make them feel wanted! :thumbs_down:
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

joeyluck

09 May 2016

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:
Nirude wrote:If the makers of AEON are online, I have a message for them:
Ujam, The people who write the SDK for building RE's had a special role in this one, Emulating their Kontakt UI's must have been an essential contract maker...
Well they're the folks behind the IDT specifically. Not sure their exact role in this one, but going off of 'Rack Extension Development' that might be a good guess. Also, nice to see everything including performers credited :)
Product Concept and Design: Heavyocity Media - Dave Fraser, Neil Goldberg, Ari Winters, Adam
Hanley

Content Creation: Heavyocity Media - Neil Goldberg, Dave Fraser, Ari Winters, George Valavanis,
Ryan Mallen, Luis D’elias

IDT Programming: Adam Hanley

Rack Extension Development: UJAM

Recording Studios:
Heavyocity Studios - Engineers: Neil Goldberg, Dave Fraser, Ari Winters
The Bunker Studio - Engineers: Jonathan Davis, Aaron Nevezie, Jamie Welty
Brick Hill - Engineer: Jon Evans

Performers: Heavyocity

Additional Performers:
Jon Evans - Wurlitzer, B3 Organ, Upright bass, Fretless bass, Bowed vibes, Dobro, Banjo
Carla Kihlstedt - Violin 1, 2 & Viola
Elizabeth Schultze - Cello
Jonathan Davis - Bowed Bass
Alix Raspe - Harpist
Jon Schwarz - Trombone

Editing: Heavyocity, Justin Wasack, Jon Schwarz, Jon Evans

Strategic Planning: Evan Goldberg-Garrison Street Partners

Artwork: Shaun Ellwood, Dave Fraser, Dante Ferrarini

joeyluck

09 May 2016

I really like these. However, I really need to be able to assign the sample sets per channel to be able to build and edit patches. Something like a drop-down selection. I'm not sure if I'm missing something... I apologize if I am.

Everything about it otherwise is top notch. 5 stars. I'm specifically demo'ing the Organic one at the moment. I am just looking to be able to assign sample sets to channels. That is the only thing that is missing (or that I am looking directly past).

snowcattt

09 May 2016

Has anybody had success with the 10% off code? Upon checkout, it says "Code is not valid."
Invent the life you want to live.

• Information