Heavyocity AEON Now available for Reason

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
O1B

09 May 2016

That Thing sure's got a purty mouth.

I hope it prays Gooood. Sampled Instruments that I'm not purchasing anytime soon, so.... Nice one, P'Head!

Punish .... Good Word.

PadShifta

09 May 2016

Ugh....still no success with the AEON Synth! My authoriser was already up to date but since none of the two synths made it to a full 100% in the download process, I decided to give it a try. After reinstalling the authoriser, AEON Organic downloaded all the way through (4.5GB) but the way smaller AEON Synth (2.9GB) still fails entirely or loads until it reaches 2.6GB and then freezes.
Everything is updated , so what do I have to change to make it happen??

I ain´t got time for these kind of games...ergh!! Frustrating shyte!!! :thumbs_down:

TheGodOfRainbows

09 May 2016

ROFL. Typical. CV note and gate.... Sad. :thumbs_down: :(

Last edited by TheGodOfRainbows on 09 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

esselfortium

09 May 2016

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
Noplan wrote:
Despondo wrote:Would be nice to see a video of this in action. Wonder what the back looks like? I'd like to trial, but would be nice to see it in actual use first before trialing.
aeon.jpg
That's because it's an IDT instrument.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

TheGodOfRainbows

09 May 2016

esselfortium wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
Noplan wrote:
Despondo wrote:Would be nice to see a video of this in action. Wonder what the back looks like? I'd like to trial, but would be nice to see it in actual use first before trialing.
aeon.jpg
That's because it's an IDT instrument.
Holy crap! You responded literally seconds before I edited my post. Pure speed.

gak

09 May 2016

requires reason 9 or later

Rice

09 May 2016

Synth download did take a-lot longer than normal. It did get frustrating, but it finally finished after about 25 minutes! Geez!! However, I am really digging this synth. It's a little pricey, but would strongly consider purchasing it if it goes on sale one day!

Zerosity

09 May 2016

PadShifta wrote:Ugh....still no success with the AEON Synth! My authoriser was already up to date but since none of the two synths made it to a full 100% in the download process, I decided to give it a try. After reinstalling the authoriser, AEON Organic downloaded all the way through (4.5GB) but the way smaller AEON Synth (2.9GB) still fails entirely or loads until it reaches 2.6GB and then freezes.
Everything is updated , so what do I have to change to make it happen??

I ain´t got time for these kind of games...ergh!! Frustrating shyte!!! :thumbs_down:
Try disabling any anti-virus software during the download and install. I had this issue with ReDominator and after trying the authorized upgrade, the anti-virus ended up being the issue.

I believe someone with a Mac also mentioned disabling their firewall briefly seemed to help. Just in case you are on Mac vs PC.

Nirude

10 May 2016

Zerosity wrote: Try disabling any anti-virus software during the download and install. I had this issue with ReDominator and after trying the authorized upgrade, the anti-virus ended up being the issue.
Avast is a mofo with the authorizer. I disable it before I update my lics. If I wont > it will quarantine authorizer as malware and disable its use.
F-Secure works ok with the authorizer.
3d man.

mekonrider

10 May 2016

I'm not sure what the deal is with this. I feel like one of the only people that can see the emperor has no clothes.

Seems expensive for what it is.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Mmj85

10 May 2016

Marc64 wrote:
Mmj85 wrote:Trailing and downloading AEON Organic but does not completely finish Downloading, it stops as 445MB out of 4.3 GB am i doing something wrong? ;( Please Help.
PS: I have fast internet and never had this issue with downloading big files.
Specs:
-MAC OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
-REASON 7.1.2
Update your authorizer if you havenät the newest one.

https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... -download/
Just got back from home and tried reinstalling to update the Authorizer and it worked now. Thanks brother, now to test this bad boy ;) :thumbs_up:

tumar

10 May 2016

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote: Really? So technically is it just 100 samples in a fancy box??? Have not trialed it
This is Heavyocity, you got pretty samples packed into deluxe candy-box but in closed form. I have Heavyocity Evolve libraries for Kontakt - there is no access to single samples (render is only way to extract). Sometimes Heavyocity adds new samples, but it's done by upgrading whole library with dedicated installer.

Heavyocity libraries are like candy for ears. But one has to remember that those libraries are aimed at cinematic market, where is endless need for swashes, risers, rumbles, booms etc and where samples unoriginality is not an issue ;) Heavyocity samples are very distinctive, every one hears and knows "ha! guy use Heavyocity samples". How many times you can use the same samples?

tobypearce

10 May 2016

I just spent some time with the synth version of this.

I was expecting to like this a great deal more.

Some of the sounds are good, and the ASDR display is useful. But there are some things that just leave me puzzled:

Frankly it's a fiddle to use. Each patch has three layers, and a page for each - separate EQ and filter, and ASDR. However, each of these has a *separate* page toggle, so you have to click two buttons to work on the right layer. It's too easy to be thinking your on layer one, but then change the ASDR curve for layer two by mistake.

I know it's a romper, but when using it, it feels like you should be able to manipulate the sounds more. For example, you can't change the pitch of the individual sounds in the patch, such as lowering one by an octave.

As others have noted already, it's not possible to mix and match samples to create new combinations.

Unless I'm missing something, there's no envelope for the filter! Given the nice ASDR display, this seems crazy.

The back of the panel is bare to the extreme. Just note and gate CV input so you can attach a matrix for notes, but that's it!
Punish and Unison effects are good - so I wanted to pass Thor through it. Not possible.
The Arp is possibly the best in Reason to date, so I wanted to use it to control Maelstrom. Not possible.

Most of us Reason users love it because of the open possibilities - you can really get your hands dirty and shape sounds - make them your own. This is not currently possible with AEON - you just take what is there. The real attraction of Heaviocity's stuff is, of course, the sound quality of the samples. So to only have 3gb, and so few patches is a real shame. The vst version is 27gb; the RE just scratches the surface.

If you compare it to Rob Papen's stuff, all his synths jump out as very well thought through for Reason. The inputs allow you to modify the sounds in ways you can't do with the VSTs. Having them in Reason makes them better, and they are right at home. Unfortunately this isn't the case with AEON at the moment. It sure looks nice, but the developers are currently missing opportunities to make this really fit into Reason. It feels like a relatively plain port that stands isolated - albeit looking pretty - from the rest of the Reason rack.

I really welcome Heaviocity getting involved in Rack Extension development, and the future possibilities are clear. Currently though, it's disappointing.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

miscend

10 May 2016

tibah wrote:I don't want to be THAT guy, but...

Trialing Organic, since I have already enough synth stuff. Seems there is no way to actual combine the source material that those "patches" are made of? I thought you could load switch sounds inside the channels and use the engine to build your custom sounds as well, but it's all fixed by patch?
I don't think you can do that with the Kontakt versions either. Remember this is a rompler. It's a sample player not an actual sampler.
Last edited by miscend on 10 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

miscend

10 May 2016

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:
Nirude wrote:If the makers of AEON are online, I have a message for them:
Standing ovations for the UI.
:thumbs_up:
Ujam, The people who write the SDK for building RE's had a special role in this one, Emulating their Kontakt UI's must have been an essential contract maker...
I thought UJam wrote the guitarist RE. And Props wrote the SDK.

boobytrap

10 May 2016

Mine also stop at 560mb. Authorizer can't resume. This is sucks. Coz there's no unlimited internet in my place.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

davidhyno

10 May 2016

https://www.heavyocity.com/product/free ... ion-loops/

Also free loops from the site !

"3.68 GB uncompressed
Presented in WAV, REX and Apple Loops Formats
60 melodic loops from AEON
250+ percussion loops from DM-307" ;)

michal22

10 May 2016

I also have a problem with the installation. Reason 8. Autorizer 2.9d5. Downloading stops after about 500MB.
Several attempts.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

esselfortium

10 May 2016

mekonrider wrote:I'm not sure what the deal is with this. I feel like one of the only people that can see the emperor has no clothes.

Seems expensive for what it is.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk
I'm feeling a bit less wowed than I expected to be, as well. Organic definitely has some nice stuff and I'm enjoying playing around with it, but I'm also feeling like it doesn't really cover much ground that I don't already have taken care of from other libraries. I think it's just not for me personally.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

boobytrap

10 May 2016

Attention all developers!

please make under 100 Mb rack extensions. ****Authorizer malfunction****

O1B

10 May 2016

I can appreciate your post. I usually buy when I try, but the AEON limitations you mentioned are hard to overlook.

I liked your comparison to Rob Papen REs vs VSTs... so true.. The FULL version of AEON sounds like the ticket.
But, I'd rather make my own Warblies ... I try to just use these Samplers for design 'ideas'.

... the RE seems to be 1/3 the Price of the Original. ...so, there's that.
...Ahh! Too Pretty not to give it a Listen.

(I may grab All Rob Papen's VSTs.when Predator 2.0 drops .... just great Sound Quality all around..)
tobypearce wrote:Most of us Reason users love it because of the open possibilities - you can really get your hands dirty and shape sounds - make them your own. This is not currently possible with AEON - you just take what is there. The real attraction of Heaviocity's stuff is, of course, the sound quality of the samples. So to only have 3gb, and so few patches is a real shame. The vst version is 27gb; the RE just scratches the surface.

If you compare it to Rob Papen's stuff, all his synths jump out as very well thought through for Reason. The inputs allow you to modify the sounds in ways you can't do with the VSTs. Having them in Reason makes them better, and they are right at home. Unfortunately this isn't the case with AEON at the moment. It sure looks nice, but the developers are currently missing opportunities to make this really fit into Reason. It feels like a relatively plain port that stands isolated - albeit looking pretty - from the rest of the Reason rack.

I really welcome Heaviocity getting involved in Rack Extension development, and the future possibilities are clear. Currently though, it's disappointing.

boobytrap

10 May 2016

tobypearce wrote:

Most of us Reason users love it because of the open possibilities - you can really get your hands dirty and shape sounds - make them your own. This is not currently possible with AEON - you just take what is there. The real attraction of Heaviocity's stuff is, of course, the sound quality of the samples. So to only have 3gb, and so few patches is a real shame. The vst version is 27gb; the RE just scratches the surface.
the shame is the 3gb that you mentioned above cannot download. I have wired 16 mbits stable ADSL, but every time it's stops at 500mb mark. authorizer is shame and PH said there is nothing they can do about it.. shame ! shame ! shame ! shame ! shame ! shame ! shame !
I just buy Tracktion Bio Tek . and now i'm really enjoying the organic....

joeyluck

10 May 2016

miscend wrote:
PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:
Nirude wrote:If the makers of AEON are online, I have a message for them:
Standing ovations for the UI.
:thumbs_up:
Ujam, The people who write the SDK for building RE's had a special role in this one, Emulating their Kontakt UI's must have been an essential contract maker...
I thought UJam wrote the guitarist RE. And Props wrote the SDK.
Yes. But UJAM made the Instrument Development Toolkit (IDT)

michal22

10 May 2016

boobytrap wrote: the shame is the 3gb that you mentioned above cannot download. I have wired 16 mbits stable ADSL, but every time it's stops at 500mb mark. authorizer is shame and PH said there is nothing they can do about it.. shame ! shame ! shame ! shame ! shame ! shame ! shame !
I just buy Tracktion Bio Tek . and now i'm really enjoying the organic....
Exactly. I have the same situation. I got from them a stupid answer, that if I have a laptop that I moved it to another location. Shame. Zero professionalism. My internet works very well and stable.
Downloading with only their server takes forever and is stopped after 500 MB.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

joeyluck

10 May 2016

I am having no issues downloading these. I have them on my MacBook Pro at home and Windows machine at work.
No problem downloading on two different machines with two different connections.

Make sure your Authorizer is up-to-date.

• Information