Heavyocity AEON Now available for Reason

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
cosignsessions

10 May 2016

They will never do it, but one idea would be to tie the 'star' rating based on those that 'Try' then 'Buy'. Each 'star' would equal 20 percent. A 3 star rating would mean 60% of those that tried the product then bought it. I would trust a 60% buy rate over the less than casual click a star method.

snowcattt

10 May 2016

FWIW - I mentioned to the Heavyocity AEON people that the 10% off code wasn't working, and their reply was that it only works FROM THEIR WEBSTORE.
NOTE: You can't buy AEON for Reason from their webstore; it only forwards to the Prop Shop.

d'oh!
Invent the life you want to live.

joeyluck

10 May 2016

snowcattt wrote:FWIW - I mentioned to the Heavyocity AEON people that the 10% off code wasn't working, and their reply was that it only works FROM THEIR WEBSTORE.
NOTE: You can't buy AEON for Reason from their webstore; it only forwards to the Prop Shop.

d'oh!
Was it ever advertised that the discount code would apply to the just released REs?

snowcattt

10 May 2016

I believe it was just a generic "join our mailing list and get 10% off" banner...you enter your email, they flash a code, no specifics. I can't even find that banner now, so perhaps that 10% offer no longer stands. Oh well...an extra $15 might have helped. I'm still torn on this one, but the sounds are beautiful and right up my alley.
Invent the life you want to live.

BPGeez

10 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:
I think if they can't address it, they should simply remove it. Or hide it and use it for themselves (Propellerhead and developers) if they are getting any use out of it.

I get that some folks say that users should not place much weight on ratings, but it's understandable that it's hard to look past that. It plays a big part in building the image of the product. If you've seen the number of people who post here saying, "What do you think of this?" You know that people place a great deal of value of other Reason user's opinions aside from their own impressions. And I can only imagine how much more weight the rating system carries for the MANY Reason users not involved here or any other group or forum.

Even if you're trying something that you like, you start to question, "But why do others not like it? Why did they rate this way? What am I missing? Is it a bug I'll encounter later? Is there simply a product/practice that does it better? Is this a reflection of the customer service I'll receive?" etc.

It seems equally unfair across ReFills and REs. I can't rate ReFills that I own that I bought elsewhere. I've wanted to help out some folks with giving good ratings for ReFills I really like, but I can't. But somebody can rate a RE immediately after hitting the TRY button before even downloading and ever actually trying. If anything, they should show us the number of votes. I think ANY addition to the rating system would be helpful. But if nothing, then it just needs to go away.
I think we should implement a rating system here on ReasonTalk.. With more details, say 4 or 5 different categories of rating along with quick explanations and User identification. I'd much rather listen to ppl like JLuck, Selig and other seasoned users and get their take, rather then some of the "less involved" users. ReasonTalk Admins, please look into this!
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

boobytrap

11 May 2016

anyone notice the RE-SW4-C Multi-Switch Controller drop to 2 stars from 4, and why is that. suddenly ? how the hell I rate a product that I can't even try. we have many simple 5 star devices recently . PH said nothing they can do about the download problems.. how easy to say like that.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Shokstar

11 May 2016

3 stars only for the AEON? guys common, with this attitude will we not get any other big dev onboard!!!

Softphonics

11 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:
I think if they can't address it, they should simply remove it. Or hide it and use it for themselves (Propellerhead and developers) if they are getting any use out of it.

Hey all, I know this thread is moving off topic slightly but it is worth mentioning that several ideas were bounced around in relation to a "fairer shop system / better shopping experience..

This was ours which ultimately was shot down.
It is such a shame because I think this would not only help buyers, but also help developers! It is a win - win situation. And Reason producers can make much more informed decisions about what is right for them,
Attachments
Page 3 Shop reviews.jpg
Page 3 Shop reviews.jpg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 2091 times
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

decibel

11 May 2016

Shokstar wrote:3 stars only for the AEON? guys common, with this attitude will we not get any other big dev onboard!!!
nail on the head mate, people should be a little more grateful that developers are stepping up to the plate with new content for reason, every bit counts at the end of the day..i cant afford this right now, but its on the shopping list for sure! thanks heavyocity for giving the format a chance yeah, as a long term reason user i most definitely appreciate it ;)

im guessing there will be lots of people who dont frequent the reason user type forums that will be more then happy to have access to these extensions yeah

Skullture

11 May 2016

Softphonics wrote:
joeyluck wrote:

Hey all, I know this thread is moving off topic slightly but it is worth mentioning that several ideas were bounced around in relation to a "fairer shop system / better shopping experience..

This was ours which ultimately was shot down.
It is such a shame because I think this would not only help buyers, but also help developers! It is a win - win situation. And Reason producers can make much more informed decisions about what is right for them,
Splendid, a very basic yet effective idea imo. Oh well...

boobytrap

11 May 2016

Shokstar wrote:3 stars only for the AEON? guys common, with this attitude will we not get any other big dev onboard!!!
Because many of em can't download the demo. If this is a vst , simply can use with download manager. But authorizer fails eveytime when I try. I lost over 2.GB when downloading this. That's cost me 3.2$. Nobody pay that for me. THERE IS SOME ALREADY SUSSED DOWNLOAD. THAY HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY AND FELL FREE MAKE THIS 5 STAR.

"BIG DEV" the fact that not depends on size of the device.
What if Sylenth1 in the shop. (Probably 10mb) are you call "SMALL DEV"

P.s this is all PHs fault. They have to upgrade the authorizer.

Shokstar

11 May 2016

boobytrap wrote:
Because many of em can't download the demo. If this is a vst , simply can use with download manager. But authorizer fails eveytime when I try. I lost over 2.GB when downloading this. That's cost me 3.2$. Nobody pay that for me. THERE IS SOME ALREADY SUSSED DOWNLOAD. THAY HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY AND FELL FREE MAKE THIS 5 STAR.

"BIG DEV" the fact that not depends on size of the device.
What if Sylenth1 in the shop. (Probably 10mb) are you call "SMALL DEV"

P.s this is all PHs fault. They have to upgrade the authorizer.
Yes, indeed. PH is problem here and not the Sound by Heavyocity. I hope this rating will not take to much influence to a new customer.

joeyluck

11 May 2016

All I can say is if you haven't rated it yet—do so. Can't tell you what to rate, but just rock the vote! ;)

normen

11 May 2016

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous.. People constantly complain that no big devs or big plugs are in the RE store and then they vote it down because its above 100$ /facepalm

mekonrider

11 May 2016

Maybe people don't like it. I didn't. It doesn't really matter if they're a big developer, it'd be very misleading to score it highly just because of who made it.

Would you do the same with other products? It's a market place not a charity.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

joeyluck

11 May 2016

mekonrider wrote:Maybe people don't like it. I didn't.
What did you rate it and what do you not like about it?

I suppose the first question being, is something that is up your alley to begin with?
There are plenty of Rack Extensions in the shop I don't like, but they just aren't for me. So I consider that when rating if I rate it at all.

The best way to rate something is how well it does what it is advertised to do. Consider everything that goes into it.

Unlike many sampled products, this one includes credits to all of the performers, studios, etc used in the capturing of the samples. That helps me to feel more connected to the product and in the loop and gives an idea of the work that went into it. You can consider the quality of the samples. These IMO are superb with plenty of round robins and velocity layers. You can consider the UI. I appreciate greatly that this UI translates very well from the Kontakt version and I think it is a refreshing look in the rack (which we also know means lots of work; when not just using stock assets). You can consider the value. They planned right out of the gate to release these alongside a bundle to save users some money.

Or did you rate just based on this...
mekonrider wrote:I'm not sure what the deal is with this... Seems expensive for what it is.
Key words being that you are not sure and seems expensive. Hopefully you didn't rate based on that.

boobytrap

11 May 2016

normen wrote:Yeah, this is getting ridiculous.. People constantly complain that no big devs or big plugs are in the RE store and then they vote it down because its above 100$ /facepalm
you're wrong.

Antidote 139$ and 5 star 4.8
Zero 119$, 5 star 4.6
Predator 119$ before 5 star 4.6
Parsec 119$ 4 star 4.5

doesn't matter the price. but Quality matters !

joeyluck

11 May 2016

boobytrap wrote:
normen wrote:Yeah, this is getting ridiculous.. People constantly complain that no big devs or big plugs are in the RE store and then they vote it down because its above 100$ /facepalm
But this is excellent quality! So I'm confused :?

PurpleMonkeyDishes

11 May 2016

I think what one person finds amazing another can find not so, It's an individual needs thing... But what I do have issue with is..

If an RE is not for you, especially a sound emitting one like a synth or a IDT , (which divide peoples opinion more-so) and you have tried it and tossed it to the side, you may NOT be best placed to score that refill fairly which is dangerous because what it does is drive developers either in different directions or just away from the platform full stop. That goes for refills too only with a refill you have paid to try it! So your regret or anger can cloud your judgement.

The money side of the argument shouldn't come into it, if you cant afford it, that is not a reason to mark it down. You have a choice not to buy it.
Rating have massive repercussions. Bare it in mind
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

-008'

11 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:
boobytrap wrote:
heres my personal take on it..

These are 5 star samples, in a 1 star package, so that's 3 stars (but really 2.5) ;)

The samples are Heavyocity and great - that's 5 stars

The interface/device however. Is more like a "Black Box", that is just way too limited (IMO) compared to whatever base expectations one has (some more than others) - that's low stars.

The limitations (wether or not they're same for Kontakt too) is the most upsetting factor here for me personally. Just being a Reason user, not too familiar with Heavyocity, aside from their great reputation! I can say that price is no issue here. But I would much rather pay to have the loose samples or an NNXT ReFill.

A locked , limited, rompler...these don't appeal to me.

BLAME PROPELLERHEADS that I'm addicted to heavy tweaking LOL :)

I also agree that online review are often skewed, toward the negative. The unhappy people are the loudest.

just to clarify though, i did not rate it in the shop at all. i walked away with my opinion. :p
Last edited by -008' on 11 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

boobytrap

11 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:
boobytrap wrote:
of course this is excellent product. when I see this Re in the shop I was vey very exited. I watched many videos in YouTube and I was imaging making new psytrance kind of thing. I'm not blame for developers in any way. I highly appreciate what they did for reason users. but many of them can't even try the product, and imagine how they feel about this. in this case I point my finger directly at PH. I have excellent superfast internet connection to download this product within 40 mins. I remember this also happen when I try to download Hydronexius Workstation ROM. I rent a cab and took my desktop pc and went to the city for fiber optic internet connection, for try the demo. I pay for try the demo. this all happen coz of that stone age authorizer.
and honestly I don't care about the price. if I really, badly want this, I will buy VST version of it.(27 gb 399$ and I have a download manager) and resampling. but I'm no longer interest of this Re format. I didn't mean to be rude.

you're lucky to download the AEON Re. that's why you are Joeyluck

Majestik Monkey

11 May 2016

The Big Bad BOY :thumbs_up:

lowpryo

11 May 2016

I think when you review/rate something, you should ask the question of "what is it trying to do, and does it do that well?". when you start criticizing a device for things it does not have (i.e. CV flexibility), that's where it gets confusing to me. I can take any device I love and still list missing features that I would have preferred. where do you draw the line to be able to say that?

so I'm in the boat that says, if it wasn't designed to do what you want, then leave it and move on. don't give it a poor rating for not being something that you wish it was.

on the other hand, I wish the shop clearly differentiated sampler devices without CV capability. maybe if that was clarified up front, people wouldn't have had the same expectations going in.

joeyluck

11 May 2016

lowpryo wrote:I think when you review/rate something, you should ask the question of "what is it trying to do, and does it do that well?". when you start criticizing a device for things it does not have (i.e. CV flexibility), that's where it gets confusing to me. I can take any device I love and still list missing features that I would have preferred. where do you draw the line to be able to say that?

so I'm in the boat that says, if it wasn't designed to do what you want, then leave it and move on. don't give it a poor rating for not being something that you wish it was.

on the other hand, I wish the shop clearly differentiated sampler devices without CV capability. maybe if that was clarified up front, people wouldn't have had the same expectations going in.
I mentioned this in another thread. But I find it funny that many of the same people who argue for VST support saying they don't care how well it integrates with Reason are some of the same people who complain that REs currently made with the IDT lack support for more CV connections. And looking at the Kontakt version of this, the RE already has more connections... :puf_smile:

PadShifta

11 May 2016

Zerosity wrote:
PadShifta wrote:Ugh....still no success with the AEON Synth! My authoriser was already up to date but since none of the two synths made it to a full 100% in the download process, I decided to give it a try. After reinstalling the authoriser, AEON Organic downloaded all the way through (4.5GB) but the way smaller AEON Synth (2.9GB) still fails entirely or loads until it reaches 2.6GB and then freezes.
Everything is updated , so what do I have to change to make it happen??

I ain´t got time for these kind of games...ergh!! Frustrating shyte!!! :thumbs_down:
Try disabling any anti-virus software during the download and install. I had this issue with ReDominator and after trying the authorized upgrade, the anti-virus ended up being the issue.

I believe someone with a Mac also mentioned disabling their firewall briefly seemed to help. Just in case you are on Mac vs PC.

Hey everyone...case closed - problem solved. AEON SYNTH successfully made it into my rack! After turning off windows defender, firewall and all my other protective software, it was able to install.
Funny thing is, that with full security, the RE loads almost all the way through, before freezing or showing a failed download. With all my other security software turned off but the win defender left on, it fully downloads and even starts installing, which ultimately shows the "failed download" message again. :?:

Anyway, now I can play around with huge REs too! Perfect! Thanks again.

Cheers, Andy :mrgreen:

• Information