DVC-1 is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

18 May 2016

DVC-1 is a comparator and control voltage...

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... omparator/
Reason12, Win10

Olivier

18 May 2016

Nice!! Will probably ad this to my set of tools :)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

ravenherz

18 May 2016

Hi!

If haven't buy it yet - I'd like to offer one thing:
You try it and share a result (short 4-8 bar pattern of synths/drums/anything sound using DVC-1), I'll select 3 works on my taste and add them to showcase on product page, authors of 3 best pieces will also get a free license.
And one more thing - for a video review (in english) - the author of the best video will also get a free license.
This action will proceed till May 31st 2016 23:59:59 and I'll name winners June 1st 2016
Interested? Of course if I am not breaking forum rules with such offer.

Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.
:re:
Last edited by ravenherz on 18 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Olivier

18 May 2016

ravenherz wrote:Hi!
You try it and share a result (short 4-8 bar pattern of synths/drums/anything sound using DVC-1), I'll select 3 works on my taste and add them to showcase on product page, authors of 3 best pieces will also get a free license.
And one more thing - for a video review (in english) - the author of the best video will also get a free license?
This action will proceed till May 31st 2016 23:59:59 and I'll name winners June 1st 2016
Of course you can do such a thing. I recommend you set up a separate thread for this in th RE subforum. Describe the rules, proof that needs to be supplied with every entry, dates, the lot. Looking forward to it! :)

Loque

18 May 2016

ravenherz wrote:Hi!

And one more thing - for a video review (in english) - the author of the best video will also get a free license?

Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.
:re:
A warm welcome to a new dev and i wish you success!

I like the idea and i think such RE need some showcases and available patches to get a feeling what could be done with it.
Reason12, Win10

ravenherz

18 May 2016

eauhm wrote: Of course you can do such a thing. I recommend you set up a separate thread for this in th RE subforum. Describe the rules, proof that needs to be supplied with every entry, dates, the lot. Looking forward to it! :)
Thank you for your permission, Sir!
Loque wrote: A warm welcome to a new dev and i wish you success!
I like the idea and i think such RE need some showcases and available patches to get a feeling what could be done with it.
Thank you for welcoming. Will see how far we can get this way. For now programming is just a hobby. :)

Marc64

18 May 2016

I welcome all re's but what can stuff like this be handy with? :)
I love to experiment with cv's and stuff but I have no clue on what to do and make with this :)

Olivier

18 May 2016

Marc64 wrote:I welcome all re's but what can stuff like this be handy with? :)
I love to experiment with cv's and stuff but I have no clue on what to do and make with this :)

Sometimes I would like to trigger something only if 2 signals are high. This way you can, for example have two trigger signals going, and a third to appear only when the first two overlap. But you can also use it to shape lfo's in all matter of ways. I think you can see an example on the back of the device.

Marc64

18 May 2016

ok, its hard to read the back :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

ravenherz

18 May 2016

Ok, I should explain. For an example (a very basic) let's say we have 2 CV inputs (sine-wave and saw-wave), which max amplitude values are in range [ -1; +1 ]. (Here's the reference)

Now what if want to add some amplitude to sine-wave? Easily! We create a DVC-1 instance and toggling "Math T"-module (DVC-1 outputs CV1-input by deafault, because obviusly initial setting CV1 >= CV1 is always TRUE, and IF TRUE source is CV1 by default). We select DIV operator (which means division), setting Operand to Value, and Define value to 0.33 - well, that gives us a triple amplitude like this:

Ok, now what if we what only positive amplitude of sine-wave (CV1) to be output, and when it's negative we want a triangle wave (CV2)? We create another DVC-1 and set Condition Operand B to Value, Define Value to 0.0, and IF FALSE source to CV2, we actually get something like this:

Since normally CV values are in range [-1, +1] we just "cut" everything above +1 (atleast until we scale CV on other device by some rate), but we can make things even more interesting by Alternative Cut (which gives us a remainder of dividing by +1):

I hope that helps! But notice that's very-very basic idea, you could even write small programms right in your rack now using chain of DVC's. :idea:

satyr32

18 May 2016

I totally love such geeky devices. Even though similiar tools already exist (The Chronologist), this is all in one box for a super fair price. And the design is also nice. Ohhhh, this thing just gives me goosebumps, those tools can be very powerful. And last but no least: we should support new developers, so they can make future REs.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

Marc64

18 May 2016

ravenherz wrote:Ok, I should explain. For an example (a very basic) let's say we have 2 CV inputs (sine-wave and saw-wave), which max amplitude values are in range [ -1; +1 ]. (Here's the reference)

Now what if want to add some amplitude to sine-wave? Easily! We create a DVC-1 instance and toggling "Math T"-module (DVC-1 outputs CV1-input by deafault, because obviusly initial setting CV1 >= CV1 is always TRUE, and IF TRUE source is CV1 by default). We select DIV operator (which means division), setting Operand to Value, and Define value to 0.33 - well, that gives us a triple amplitude like this:

Ok, now what if we what only positive amplitude of sine-wave (CV1) to be output, and when it's negative we want a triangle wave (CV2)? We create another DVC-1 and set Condition Operand B to Value, Define Value to 0.0, and IF FALSE source to CV2, we actually get something like this:

Since normally CV values are in range [-1, +1] we just "cut" everything above +1 (atleast until we scale CV on other device by some rate), but we can make things even more interesting by Alternative Cut (which gives us a remainder of dividing by +1):

I hope that helps! But notice that's very-very basic idea, you could even write small programms right in your rack now using chain of DVC's. :idea:
So practically you can create a controlled "random" output :)

Loque

18 May 2016

I would use this for LFO shaping or Env shaping, but normaly i am too lazy to do complicated things. So it would be nice imo, if there are some basic combis with LFO curves of different style. Combining this with a spider i can mix several of them. Maybe i can use it to smooth Env ADSR curves or change them in a usefull way, also with modulation.

I like the analog drift, but this should normaly not directly heard in the sound. I have to try a bit with GR compressor outputs or audio to CV and so on...

Switching depending on CV inputs is a rare usecase for me, maybe someone could give some examples?

To create usefull patches seem to be a bit difficult due to the cable and input settings. Maybe if the Combinator inputs are used, i can easily switch instruments of the same type (Thor, Malstroem...).

Also for shifting signals it could be interesting, by feeding notes of different scale to synths (+1 octave or create chords) ...

We will see, what the genius guys here will make of it....
Reason12, Win10

tibah

18 May 2016

I'm not the CV guy, but this does look interesting. Also, big thanks for providing free licenses to people who like to contribute. :)

ravenherz

18 May 2016

The free-license challenge begins here.

dvdrtldg

18 May 2016

Bought! I love these little gadgets, perfect for creating glitched-out electronic weirdness

O1B

18 May 2016

How's this different in f(x) that Truth RE from The Chronologist?
Ten logic types (AND, OR, NAND, NOR, XOR, XNOR, A, NOT A, B, NOT - on five channels w/ multiple signal test and output modes

Im definitely interest.

Loque

19 May 2016

O1B wrote:How's this different in f(x) that Truth RE from The Chronologist?
Ten logic types (AND, OR, NAND, NOR, XOR, XNOR, A, NOT A, B, NOT - on five channels w/ multiple signal test and output modes

Im definitely interest.
There comes a view points in my mind:
* the dev isnt active anymore
* this device you mentioned has only the logic, you need Math Equation too
* some of the devices have unfixed bugs
* you need to pay 3x the price to get the same (or at least more)
* Truth has more logic
Reason12, Win10

ljekio

28 Oct 2016

Hello,
Why in my setting this device get output always 1?

My logic: if In1 > 0 then O = 1
But here O = 1 always:
2016-10-28_23-54-40.png
2016-10-28_23-54-40.png (176.59 KiB) Viewed 1724 times

ravenherz

28 Oct 2016

ljekio wrote:Hello,
Why in my setting this device get output always 1?

My logic: if In1 > 0 then O = 1
But here O = 1 always:
Hello,

Well, the thing is input CV, I see no CV fluctuations on scope, probably a bad shot on 1'st CV input, chosen as condition source, I can read your setup as:

if (CV1) is (more or equal) than value (0)
then output value (1) and no additional math required,
and if false output value (0) and no additional math required

The second thing you need to know:
- (more) is (more or equal)
- (less) is (less or equal)

The third thing:
There are 2 types of CV - unipolar and bipolar, LFO of Thor - bipolar in range [-0,5 ; 0,5], SubTractor and Malstrom are bipolar in range [-1; 1], Gain reduction of MClass Compressor - unipolar, using this setup with unipolar CV will always output 1

• Information