Vecto - Are people still using it?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
samardac

01 Jul 2016

raymondh wrote:
Ah - so it doesn't sound like a real (hardware) Wavestation then.
Why? You can turn off resonans and get native sound :)
I think it just nice addition to have this kind of resonans.

jallen97

05 Jul 2016

Sorry no experience here with Vecto but it sounds like I have similar interest in pads. Have you upgraded to R9? I have found some nice pads in the new patches. Also(this is probably old news to you but it rocked my world when I came across it)... I have been using a set up live with LPFs and volume controls to be able to tweak/morph sounds and it is SO versatile!!! It is amazing what kind of tweaking possibilities you get this way... I got some great help on the Facebook group Reason Worship Sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abstrax

06 Jul 2016

I have my money ready for the next sale on Vecto. How many presets does it come with?

Exowildebeest

06 Jul 2016

Abstrax wrote:I have my money ready for the next sale on Vecto. How many presets does it come with?
Quite a few, but nowhere near as many as Predator.

The power of Vecto is not really in the presets, but in the amazing Oscillator banks. It's very easy to roll your own complex pads.

ejanuska

06 Jul 2016

I like it and the presets it ships with are very mellow.

Abstrax

06 Jul 2016

Exowildebeest wrote:
Abstrax wrote:I have my money ready for the next sale on Vecto. How many presets does it come with?
Quite a few, but nowhere near as many as Predator.

The power of Vecto is not really in the presets, but in the amazing Oscillator banks. It's very easy to roll your own complex pads.
Yeah. I prefer to make my patches from scratch anyway. Predator's million patches do come in handy when I'm uninspired tho haha.

Shokstar

07 Jul 2016

Yes, I was using it at my session from yesterday. I'd like to use my Wobble Madness patches :)

yeahright31

11 Jul 2016

I don't own Antidote, Predator or Vecto.
But I can say i've tried demo of both Antidote and Vecto - I didn't buy any of these, all though if I was going to buy one of these 3 it would be Vecto based of the fact I was getting some interesting results...Antidote it didn't wow me, although I ended up buying KiloHertz One and Parsec which I've used a plenty and had heaps fun.

I've been trying to use PX7 got a heap of sounds for it, just keep putting off using it, but feel I will reach a point where I commit.

K1TTENM1TTEN

12 Jul 2016

I ended up getting Vecto, and all I can say is that it is a pad machine beast. I really enjoy the sounds, although I will be honest that many of the patches remind me a bit too much of the likes of a Korg Wavestation/super 90's sounding (which I am not a big fan of that "sound" myself). However, just like the other Rob Papen products the synth shines well past its presets and demo tracks. I am hoping to one day really get to sit down with it and learn exactly how it works, but for now I am pretty well pleased with what I have gotten it to do, especially in combo with RPVerb.

• Information