Step Note Recorder question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Leighbeater

21 May 2016

its on sale at a good price

however want to know does the new R9 devices make this RE redundant? Or is it still worthwhile?

Benedict
Competition Winner

21 May 2016

I don't see that the R9 devices should make Step Note redundant as Step Note is about storing a sequence of notes (and other related data) you can spit out on demand.

There is some crossover but I am assuming it will be a good companion. I use Step Note more than RPG these days.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Leighbeater

21 May 2016

Ok thanks Benedict I might pick it up then

buddard
RE Developer

22 May 2016

In fact, Reason 9 introduces a convenient way to write Step's sequence to an instrument track for further editing/arrangement, something that was not easily done before. Read more about it here:

http://roboticbean.com/creative/2016/05 ... -reason-9/

Leighbeater

22 May 2016

Thanks Buddard I did see that, it's great

I already have Euclid and I will get step even if I don't upgrade to R9, I like supporting developers that are active in the Reasontalk community

OverneathTheSkyBridg

25 May 2016

I have Step Note Recorder and really enjoy it. Well worth it for the current sale price....

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

AlienJunk

25 May 2016

I scored this recently.. and I just dont get it haha. Maybe its because i havent used it in proper playing conditions, only 'writing' MiDI into the sequencer.

Not a criticism of the device, as the functions in the demo video looks amazing. I guess Ill spend some more time trying to understand it.
Last edited by AlienJunk on 25 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

electrofux

25 May 2016

It is great! Best Step Sequencer in Reason imho.

Emian

25 May 2016

i believe all RE-sequencers will benefit from the Reason 9 update ....

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Neko the Jaguar

26 May 2016

AlienJunk wrote:I scored this recently.. and I just dont get it haha. Maybe its because i havent used it in proper playing conditions, only 'writing' MiDI into the sequencer.

Not a criticism of the device, as the functions in the demo video looks amazing. I guess Ill spend some more time trying to understand it.
Go watch the Robotic Bean videos.

Leighbeater

27 May 2016

Just got it, thanx to everyones reply

i did try it when it first came out but there has been updates and i tend to forget how the RE's are

anyway i really like it... i like how it enters the velocity that you play and really enjoying the transpose feature

feature request would be to somehow control the length of the sequence on the fly with my controller instead of having to use the mouse

well worth the sale price

buddard
RE Developer

27 May 2016

Leighbeater wrote:Just got it, thanx to everyones reply

i did try it when it first came out but there has been updates and i tend to forget how the RE's are

anyway i really like it... i like how it enters the velocity that you play and really enjoying the transpose feature

feature request would be to somehow control the length of the sequence on the fly with my controller instead of having to use the mouse

You should be able to control the length both via Remote and regular automation (or via a Combinator). In Remote override edit mode, the arrow representing length is inside the display along with lots of other remotables such as individual mutes, ties etc.

You'll also find full MIDI and Remote documentation in the User Guide.

Leighbeater

27 May 2016

buddard wrote:
Leighbeater wrote:Just got it, thanx to everyones reply

You should be able to control the length both via Remote and regular automation (or via a Combinator). In Remote override edit mode, the arrow representing length is inside the display along with lots of other remotables such as individual mutes, ties etc.

You'll also find full MIDI and Remote documentation in the User Guide.
Ok cool i will check that out

cheers

Leighbeater

27 May 2016

Someone mentioned how Blamsoft has great customer service

Just have to say that Robotic Bean are excellent in my books, I stuffed up while making my purchase and they were able to help me out with no problem at all

highly recommend :thumbs_up:

• Information