Polymodular System.... don't forget to download the FSB

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

29 May 2016

For those who have purchased Blamsoft's Polymodular System, don't forget to download the factory presets, device and system manuals. It doesn't seem to download automatically like other REs, since it is a system you build and buy in pieces.

Factory Presets
http://blamsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... ndBank.zip

System Manual
http://blamsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... ual100.pdf

RE Manuals
http://blamsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... als100.zip
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Abstrax

29 May 2016

I'm in the process of trying to rap my head around this system. I've had success with Distributor before I picked up this Bundle, and only bought the bundle for the F16 Filter. It's kind of difficult though...

Skullture

29 May 2016

We should do a community refill on the polymodular :)

WongoTheSane

29 May 2016

challism wrote:For those who have purchased Blamsoft's Polymodular System, don't forget to download the factory presets, device and system manuals. It doesn't seem to download automatically like other REs, since it is a system you build and buy in pieces.
+1. This Refill contains the absolute best sounds I've heard in Reason yet, even better than Antidote or the new FSB.
Skullture wrote:We should do a community refill on the polymodular :)
+1. I've been thinking about this since I got it a few days ago, and remembered there was a thread here a few months ago about whether community refills should allow "cross-products", e.g. not just "Antidote Refill" or "JPS Refill" or "Polymodular Refill", but something which could contain a patch with a JPS being inserted in a Polymodular chain with a Polar thrown in, for instance. Obviously, you would get a Refill in which numerous patches wouldn't apply to most people because no one has every RE out there, but on the other hand you would get a handful of highly tuned patches for the ones you have. Opinions were divided on the subject, and the thread died. I would have voted in favor of it: I wouldn't mind downloading 100 patches of which only 10 will work with my setup, because I don't have data caps, so what's the harm in downloading "useless" patches?

In any case, if you're doing something like that, count me in.

challism

29 May 2016

WongoTheSane wrote:
challism wrote:For those who have purchased Blamsoft's Polymodular System, don't forget to download the factory presets, device and system manuals. It doesn't seem to download automatically like other REs, since it is a system you build and buy in pieces.
+1. This Refill contains the absolute best sounds I've heard in Reason yet, even better than Antidote or the new FSB.
I can think of another synth that sounds pretty damn amazing, too.... you know what I'm talking about Wongo ;) I can't wait for it to hit the shop so we can finally talk about it! But, yes, Blamsoft's PolyModular System sounds amazing... a bit of a CPU hog, but who cares. That's what bouncing audio is for.
We should do a community refill on the polymodular :)

+1. I've been thinking about this since I got it a few days ago, and remembered there was a thread here a few months ago about whether community refills should allow "cross-products", e.g. not just "Antidote Refill" or "JPS Refill" or "Polymodular Refill", but something which could contain a patch with a JPS being inserted in a Polymodular chain with a Polar thrown in, for instance. Obviously, you would get a Refill in which numerous patches wouldn't apply to most people because no one has every RE out there, but on the other hand you would get a handful of highly tuned patches for the ones you have. Opinions were divided on the subject, and the thread died. I would have voted in favor of it: I wouldn't mind downloading 100 patches of which only 10 will work with my setup, because I don't have data caps, so what's the harm in downloading "useless" patches?

In any case, if you're doing something like that, count me in.
I would be surprised if almost everyone didn't own the Polymodular System now. I mean $25 is the deal of the year, as someone else already pointed out in another thread. I completely agree, and I already owned Distributor. I was just going to buy F-16 until I saw for $6 more I could buy the whole bundle! NICE!!!!

Anyway, I'll bet we could get a ton of people to work on the community refill now, and I'd be willing to bet that missing REs from the Poly system won't be a problem.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

WongoTheSane

29 May 2016

challism wrote:I can think of another synth that sounds pretty damn amazing, too.... you know what I'm talking about Wongo ;) I can't wait for it to hit the shop so we can finally talk about it! But, yes, Blamsoft's PolyModular System sounds amazing... a bit of a CPU hog, but who cares. That's what bouncing audio is for.
That is exactly what I was thinking about. :D It struck me as the ideal oscillator for a modular system...

If this thing picks on, maybe we should ask Kenni for a subforum somewhere, as I think it's going to take some time and some coordination to see it through!

eXode

29 May 2016

I think that Movement is an amazing device. Oscillator, envelope generator, LFO, and even crude filter all in one. It's brilliant.

Lizard

29 May 2016

I've added it to the basket but when I checkout it want to charge me full price. Is this been anyone else's experience when trying to buy it?

Sinistereo

29 May 2016

Same here. :(

XysteR

29 May 2016

Yes the sale seems to have ended. It's back to 99 euros now. So glad I snapped this up a few days ago. It was a steal for 25 euros and sounds amazing

That said. Anyone paying full price now will still be happy with it, even if they missed the sale

• Information