Missed all the sales!!!!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
samp

29 May 2016

:cry: So my brilliant idea was to wait until midnight east coast time to make sure i was happy with my decison on which RE's i was gonna go for. Now sales appear to be over in the shop. Just great.... missed out on polymodular decimort and px7. My fault. I am beyond bummed out.

cpetersus

29 May 2016

I did the same dumb thing. Don't feel bad. You will have another chance in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :reason: :recycle: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :refill: :re: Chris Peters -> Richmond, VA Reason 8 - MacMini (2012) i7 2.6 Quad Core w/10G Presonus AudioBox1818 -Alesis QX49 - Akai MPD26 - Presonus Monitor Station 2

samp

29 May 2016

thanks sorry it happened to u too... i am sitting here dumbfounded.

Faastwalker

29 May 2016

It's still on here in Aus. What's going on?!

EDIT: Hang on, no it isn't. The banner is still up saying, 'hurry up - offer ends tomorrow'. But when you click on the link you see all the May Madness sale items ...... only at full price!! :?

EDIT EDIT: Some of the items are still at sale price. Why some & not others?
Last edited by Faastwalker on 29 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

joeyluck

29 May 2016

It's likely over. The same thing happened when the sale began. Seemed to have begun at 12am Stockholm time.
I think their sale system is automated now and it's set by date according to their time.

The_G

29 May 2016

Ah bummer! But there will definitely be more!
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Faastwalker

29 May 2016

I'm seeing this right now (as an example). All items are still listed under the May Madness link. Some are still on sale but most have returned to normal price. Dang! I was holding out for pay day to grab a few bits. I thought the sale was on until the end of May? Oh well. Will have to hold out until the next sale.

jeanrick

29 May 2016

Yea! I was just about to grab a few things as well :( ... oh well

samp

29 May 2016

Yeah i notice some are still on but most are not. Now I will wait till the fall to support any developer i planned on making the purchase from. I refuse to pay full price being that the website still says that the sale is on.....Matter of fact - I will buy two other RE's instead from developers that did not participate in the sale. Thats my way of making myself feel better..... As dumb as that sounds... lol

XysteR

29 May 2016

Don't feel too bad. I done the opposite and dusted £350 in this sale. More Softube, Polymodular 1, Ammo, Hydro, kHs ONE, Decimort 2 to name just a few. I bought so much I don't remember the rest. I think I have pretty much everything worth having in the Re shop now. I'm waiting for this new synth coming out. No doubt i'll burn more on that too

Faastwalker

29 May 2016

So what was the official sale end date? And is there a reason some are still on but most have ended? Is it deliberate or a glitch?

joeyluck

29 May 2016

Faastwalker wrote:So what was the official sale end date? And is there a reason some are still on but most have ended? Is it deliberate or a glitch?
Based on the new way they display and the way we've seen them begin and end...
I'm guessing developers have the ability to set the start and end time themselves... Which can create some differences in the times they start and end. That's my guess...

samp

29 May 2016

The majority of the props stuff is no longer on sale. They are the ones promoting the sale right on the home page. Right now in fact. But all there RE's are back to normal price. Doesn't make sense.

samp

29 May 2016

Guys i apologize if i came off bitter. Its just that i had my heart set on some of these sales. Again apologies to all.

jeanrick

29 May 2016

That's cool man, I know the feeling. I had literally just added stuff to my cart and pressed checkout and did a double take on the price I was seeing lol!

joeyluck

29 May 2016

samp wrote:Guys i apologize if i came off bitter. Its just that i had my heart set on some of these sales. Again apologies to all.
The sales will be back in November :)

On the bright side for some, if someone waited until the last minute, it's probably a good thing the sale ended a little sooner than they thought... Might have avoided some impulse buys. If it's not a must-have, sure bet from the beginning, it's likely not something you need.

On the other hand, if someone was just waiting on funds, that's unfortunate. But the sales will be back.

Faastwalker

29 May 2016

samp wrote:The majority of the props stuff is no longer on sale. They are the ones promoting the sale right on the home page. Right now in fact. But all there RE's are back to normal price. Doesn't make sense.
Yeah that's a bit slack. The banner says;

Which is incorrect as in most cases the sale has already ended before tomorrow! :o

joeyluck

29 May 2016

Well technically the banner doesn't advertise any item specifically...

Clearly their sales are probably on automatic timers and the site banner is updated manually.

samp

29 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:Well technically the banner doesn't advertise any item specifically...

Clearly their sales are probably on automatic timers and the site banner is updated manually.

True - but it does say over 175 RE's on sale. And there is no where near that amount still on sale at this moment.

Faastwalker

29 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:Well technically the banner doesn't advertise any item specifically...

They should just take the banner down really. 'Offer ends tomorrow'! In most cases it's already ended.

challism

29 May 2016

That really sucks, man. Sorry to hear that.
joeyluck wrote:It's likely over. The same thing happened when the sale began. Seemed to have begun at 12am Stockholm time.
I think their sale system is automated now and it's set by date according to their time.
I think the Props must have overhauled their system and allowed developers to have more control over their sale start dates and end dates, because some of the sales in the shop appeared well before others. They also have a new feature that has a strike-through of the regular price while showing the sale price, as you have already pointed out in a different thread, Joey. I'm not sure what other bells and whistles they may have added, but sort by price would be a welcomed new feature!
They should just take the banner down really. 'Offer ends tomorrow'! In most cases it's already ended.{/quote]

It's kind of a stupid thing to put on a banner "offer ends tomorrow" because tomorrow actually never comes. It should say offer ends May 30th. That would make a lot more sense.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Faastwalker

29 May 2016

challism wrote:It's kind of a stupid thing to put on a banner "offer ends tomorrow" because tomorrow actually never comes. It should say offer ends May 30th. That would make a lot more sense.
Very true. Would make much more sense to put a date .......... then again if devs define their own start / end date that wouldn't work either.

Maybe the sale banner should say, 'Ends some time towards the end of May. Buy well before end of month to avoid disappointment'.

If devs can define their own start /end times than any sale 'period' is ambiguous as we won't have any idea about which items will end when unless the dev states specifically when their items will expire. It makes more sense for devs to define their sale prices, should they wish to partake, with Propellerhead defining the time. That would stop any ambiguity. The down side currently is that a lot of us have probably missed out on some bargains & the devs have missed out on some extra sales. Oh well, on to the next sale .............

Faastwalker

29 May 2016

......... The other thing - if the RE's are no longer on sale why do they still appear on the May Madness sale page?!

• Information