Does the arrival of players mean an SDK update?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Andy Hyde

03 Jun 2016

Just wondered. Maybe some player REs on the horizon?

Andy

tibah

03 Jun 2016

Seems to be the general thought. ;)

In the same time you have the new drummers introducing CV outs. If PH uses IDT for them too, one could think CV outs are a thing for IDT based Rack Extensions soon as well, which is just another random guess.

Lizard

03 Jun 2016

I don't believe the current SDK supports it but will it in a future incarnation? Anyone's guess. My gut feeling is that it might as it gives greater opportunity for products and more sales. Time will tell.

Andy Hyde

03 Jun 2016

Good point about the A-List Drummers, it certainly looks like they are developing the technology.

I must admit I had been thinking for a while about how anyone can possibly extend the players above what we have - I am sure there are loads of ideas, but I can't actually think of any! :oops:

Marc64

03 Jun 2016

You'll never know when it comes to what the props are up to, they might have updated it and releases a new type of re with stuff we never think about except sample loading and so on

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

kylelee

03 Jun 2016

I hope player REs happen. there is an opportunity to make an excellent 1 finger custom chord device that "chords and scales" comes so close to accomplishing.

electrochoc (PRX-A)

03 Jun 2016

tibah wrote:Seems to be the general thought. ;)

In the same time you have the new drummers introducing CV outs. If PH uses IDT for them too, one could think CV outs are a thing for IDT based Rack Extensions soon as well, which is just another random guess.
That's what I thought too when I saw the new A-List products... And there's the players... It seems a little like something is in the Propellerhead's pipeline in terms of SDK improvements...
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

joeyluck

03 Jun 2016

It seems the Players are Rack Extensions given where their presets are stored. But if that means a new SDK or a new separate SDK is a good question. And if that SDK is available to all developers is another good question. I suppose we may know more when Reason 9 is officially released and maybe it will be accompanied by a press release about developing Players? Fingers crossed!

Andy Hyde

03 Jun 2016

Maybe this is where we can do "by note" automation if it is possible to combine the player "sequencers" with CV out?

• Information