What are your most forgotten REs?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

11 Jun 2016

WongoTheSane wrote:I'd say Revival and Predator, for the same reason: love the sounds, hate the GUI...
Yeah I find Predator too much of a pain to program, and not being a big patch user I tend to forget about it. Every now and then, if I know exactly what I'm after, I'll do a quick patch browse - e.g. the other day I wanted a big strong bass pluck, went to Predator, did a quick search and there it was, perfect. But usually I go for other synths

Revival on the other hand - agree, it's a terrible UI, but just such an amazing synth that I can't leave it alone

Arrant
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2016

I also have a ton of REs, most of them I am happy about, but here are some forgotten ones.

Instruments
Ammo bundle - Too much hassle, never bothered to learn them properly
Redominator - Too limited, and it's strengths don't play to my musical style
Viking - Don't know. I prefer to reach for synths with effects built in I guess
WBL5515 - I kind of like the idea, but never gets used

Effects
I love effects, and it turns out I use almost all of them a bit, good for me :)
Sononics GSX - Seemed to be a brilliant device but I just don't enjoy effects as much if they need MIDI input
Buffre - as above, just less brilliant
Uhbik F - Sounds pretty good, but still forgotten
Uhbik Q - What would I ever need this for now that I have Kuassa et al

Utilities
Everything that's got something to do with CV. Pretty much any utility apart from the included ones really.
The only others that I have NOT forgotten are the BZR-1, the Flower Audio Loudness Meter and Euclid.

miscend

18 Jun 2016

I never use Audiomatic, Pulsar and Synchronous. And Sononics GSX and Revival.

Iapetus 9

19 Jun 2016

Kong.

Oh...you said RE's. Hmmm...I use most everything except that free spacer RE that you can write notes on. Not used once.
38L > 51D every time.

chimp_spanner

19 Jun 2016

Elements Splitter and LFO
Auto Arp
All the PolyModular stuff
Analog Sequencer
Etch Red
Morfin XF
All the Hamu stuff
Ammo 100
Charlotte
Boom 808
Faturator
Janitor
Neutron
Carve
Chip64
Driver
EDS06
Repeat Looper
Directre
Auto Theory
Chord set
Slider
Predator
Revival
Oberon

Some of these I'm quite surprised/disappointed that I just haven't wanted to use, given how awesome they looked before I got them. Saying that, I would've out Zero on this list until I spent a day with it recently. So maybe some of these will get a bit of use some time soon.

decibel

19 Jun 2016

its a real shame we cant trade or sell unwanted REs, ive seen a few things that others here dont use that i would be keen to swap or pay a second hand price for etc

OverneathTheSkyBridg

08 Aug 2016

PH really should facilitate this, even if they took a small reasonable cut of the license transfer (like $2 max) I'd be willing to accept that. Micro transactions like that could end up making big money, and if PH managed those transactions I'm sure most of the people selling off REs would be using the money to purchase other REs it would still allow them to keep the money in house. However, if they were to facilitate that I think they should also have to give a small cut to the developer, as a scheme like that would make developers wary of continuing to develop for the RE platform knowing that they may only be able to sell a finite amount and PH could infinitely continue to profit off their 2nd hand designs.

• Information