Lectric Panda's Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer Song Challenge | The Winners

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

17 Jul 2016

Is that all the entries? My one doesn't seem to be there. I wasn't expecting a result with my drone / soundscape / ambient effort. But it would have been nice to see it in the voting list at least.

EDIT: I think I missed up. Just realised I neglected to add to the Nostromo Song challenge group on SoundCloud! I was thinking we just had to post entries in the thread. Oops! :?

WongoTheSane

17 Jul 2016

Faastwalker wrote:Is that all the entries? My one doesn't seem to be there. I wasn't expecting a result with my drone / soundscape / ambient effort. But it would have been nice to see it in the voting list at least.

EDIT: I think I missed up. Just realised I neglected to add to the Nostromo Song challenge group on SoundCloud! I was thinking we just had to post entries in the thread. Oops! :?
I think you're not the only one, there was a song called "Trg 23" by 8cros which isn't in the list either. I've listened to yours as well (in the thread here), but didn't check whether it was on the SC page too. That's a shame, those were good songs... :(

8cros

17 Jul 2016

WongoTheSane wrote:
Faastwalker wrote:Is that all the entries? My one doesn't seem to be there. I wasn't expecting a result with my drone / soundscape / ambient effort. But it would have been nice to see it in the voting list at least.

I think you're not the only one, there was a song called "Trg 23" by 8cros which isn't in the list either. I've listened to yours as well (in the thread here), but didn't check whether it was on the SC page too. That's a shame, those were good songs... :(
The name of my account soundclouds fully in the title track will not fit: 12th s 8cros. :oops:
I'm afraid my demo is too simple and does not compete. :roll:

My number 15. And the track is not the most popular / well-sounding. :mrgreen:
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

WongoTheSane

18 Jul 2016

8cros wrote:The name of my account soundclouds fully in the title track will not fit: 12th s 8cros. :oops:

You mean "Trg 23"? I love it, it reminded me of this piece from Philip Glass:

Simple but powerful.

8cros

18 Jul 2016

WongoTheSane wrote:
8cros wrote:The name of my account soundclouds fully in the title track will not fit: 12th s 8cros. :oops:

You mean "Trg 23"? I love it, it reminded me of this piece from Philip Glass:

Simple but powerful.
"Trg 23" is not the Nostromo :redface:
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

WongoTheSane

18 Jul 2016

8cros wrote:"Trg 23" is not the Nostromo :redface:
Oh, so that's why I couldn't find it anymore in the list, it's never been there... :oops:

Skullture

18 Jul 2016

No offense guys but.. Horrible idea imo, nobody is able to listen to all these songs?

thegoodbreaux

18 Jul 2016

No offense here guys, butttt...

57 songs is not that bad to listen to. Give each one 60 - 90 seconds. If it doesn't impress you within that time, it's on to the next. If it does impress you
write down the title to reference again at the end.

This can be done in one sitting in a few hours tops. It's either hot or it's not right? You KNOW a good song when you hear it!

It's never too late to change your mind! :D :puf_bigsmile:

Skullture

19 Jul 2016

It's like I'm on /b/ here

swamptooth

19 Jul 2016

I was listening to new submissions as they were posted every few days... Doesn't anyone do that anymore?? Or is it all about just posting your own track and ignoring everybody else?

Despondo
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2016

Now that this thread is here....How will we know when the ACTUAL winners are announced? Should this thread be renamed to avoid confusion? Perhaps "Lectric Panda's Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer Song Challenge | The Selection"??

Reasonistas
RE Developer

21 Jul 2016

Despondo wrote:Now that this thread is here....How will we know when the ACTUAL winners are announced? Should this thread be renamed to avoid confusion? Perhaps "Lectric Panda's Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer Song Challenge | The Selection"??
That's not really necessary. I will update the OP to include the winners and add a new post to let everyone know. I think people will catch on pretty quickly.
Last edited by Reasonistas on 21 Jul 2016, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Scoobyman II

21 Jul 2016

I've been streaming the list every now and then since it started. I re-listened to my likes, ones I commented on, and then chose from those.

tibah

22 Jul 2016

Friday is over here soon. ;)

Reasonistas
RE Developer

22 Jul 2016

tibah wrote:Friday is over here soon. ;)
Another 5.5 hours here.
ImageImageImage

Reasonistas
RE Developer

23 Jul 2016

The Winners!
We congratulate all participants for their hard work and participation. We listened to all 57 songs several times and with the additional community votes, we are ready to announce the top 3 winners. So, without further ado, here they are:

1st Place
Prize: Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer and 2 other Lectric Panda Rack Extensions of choice
Pale Male - Max Wellhouse

2nd Place - 2 Winners
Prize: Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer and 1 other Lectric Panda Rack Extensions of choice
Tibah - Neila

Buddaka - Sundawn

3rd Place - 5 Winners
Prize: Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer
TROY - Teleport

Tritone Addition - Nostromo

Bixambi - Random Access Citrus

Noise Shadow - Stasis

The Good Breaux - On Point

IMPORTANT: Instructions to the winners
Please send the following items (as download links) to Noel G. via ReasonTalk private messaging:

1. Your Reason song files to verify compliance with all song challenge rules.
2. Your contact email address and PH user account name to coordinator the delivery of your prize(s).

Closing Statement
Congratulations again to each of you for your stellar music, and thank you for taking the time to participate in the Reasonistas and Lectric Panda's Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer Song Challenge.

Until next time here's the SoundCloud link again to listen to all 57 songs.

All the best!

Rob and Noel G.
ImageImageImage

Loque

23 Jul 2016

Would be nice to see the voting stats...

And congrats to the winners.
Reason12, Win10

Zac

23 Jul 2016

Very generous prize fund and well deserved winners. Well done everyone, great competition.

tibah

23 Jul 2016

:shock: :o :puf_bigsmile: :puf_smile:

Congratulations to everyone. Great challenge. Well done!

Despondo
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2016

Congrats to all the winners! ....I'll be getting out my wallet now to purchase. ;-)

rcbuse
RE Developer

23 Jul 2016

Loque wrote:Would be nice to see the voting stats...

And congrats to the winners.
We had chosen to make the results private while voting and I think that was the right choice. As stated the poll was meant to help us decide the winners and their order, not actually pick the winners. There were some participants that were certainly able to 'get out the vote' but didn't end up in the final selection. The original selections by myself and Noel were maintained, making 6 slots since there was no overlap. And then we picked an additional 2 from the top of poll that represented the challenge goals. Everyone had great entries, it was really hard to pick the cutoff number.

WongoTheSane

23 Jul 2016

Congrats to the winners! But also congrats to the non-winners, because I don't think there's a single song that made me go "what's this shit, this guy shouldn't compete at that level". A couple were outside my usual musical preferences but still interesting and well executed, and the overwhelming majority was worthy of being on an album or a soundtrack (hence, I expect, the longer-than-anticipated delay for the jury to decide)...

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2016

Happy for all the winners! Really cool that they picked so many.
I will be in the Propellerhead shop buying Nostromo if you need me.

Bixbambi

23 Jul 2016

Congratulations to all the winners and all participants. I am very happy to have won the Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer. I Thank You all for voting for my song! thank you to Lectric Panda LLC have created is great synthesizer. Thank you to Noel G. create the Song Challenge. I am very happy! :puf_bigsmile:

• Information