Izotope VocalSynth - Possible??

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
BPGeez

22 Jul 2016

Hey guys this question has been killing me for weeks, and at a risk of sounding silly, I'm just going to go ahead. . Is there a way too theoretically design this as an RE (not necessarily with all 4 functions in one device)? I'll expect to hear something about current sdk limitations or sumn, but I think a new one will be coming out shortly?? Anyways, can this be possible in RE form or will we have to go outside of Reason to have this done? Thanks
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

Dabbler

22 Jul 2016

Yes surely possible, I came close to this with Neptune.
Here

Loque

23 Jul 2016

This should ve possible witgou any RE. You have vocoder, pitch adjust, formant change and filters and you can create harnonics by adding a pitched signal. Additionally you unison, chorus, reverb, nixer, compressor and more.

Maybe you dont have everything in one device, but you can do even more.
Reason12, Win10

mcatalao
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2016

As loque said, this just puts together what Reason does a long time using neptune and the vocoder.
I already did both techniques and they're pretty possible in Reason.

Faxxer

26 Jul 2016

could someone make a vocoder combination refill? you know...have like 50 different types of vocode effects built in and then turn us loose? I hate having to create patches, i just wanna get to making music
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

BPGeez

26 Jul 2016

Faxxer wrote:could someone make a vocoder combination refill? you know...have like 50 different types of vocode effects built in and then turn us loose? I hate having to create patches, i just wanna get to making music
Yea..that is what I'm asking for also, a one stop shop. VocalSynth is just easy to implement. . In rebuttal of the possibilities with Neptune, VocalSynth sounds so much cleaner IMO. Plus it would it take me years to figure out how to implement all the various effects w filters etc.. u think Izotope (or RE developer) could make an RE version like they did Ozone? Or is it highly impractical?
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

platzangst

27 Jul 2016

I don't see why a VocalSynth RE wouldn't be possible - there's nothing that leaps out to my eye that isn't doable in the current SDK.

But is it probable? And for that you'd have to ask iZotope themselves. After the Ozone maximizer, iZotope hasn't seemed too interested in making further REs. Certainly some of their products like Iris and BreakTweaker can't work under the latest SDK, but there's been no word as far as I know of them even trying to develop any other RE. Only they could tell you why.

Marc64

27 Jul 2016

If you want to add chords to your voice why not use the chord player on a combinator routed to the vocal track? I saw a tutorial on this on fb on the propellerheads page...

kloeckno

27 Jul 2016

I don't hear anything that can't be done already in Reason. In fact, when you change Neptune to Voice Synth mode it sounds better IMO. Especially if you are good at playing chord progressions. And the vocoder in Parsec sounds a lot clearer.

It's just that those things take a lot tweaking, so to someone starting out with those FX it may seem like Reason isn't as capable. But I use vocoders live at every gig I play with my band and people always compliment me on it, so it's definitely possible to get good results.

damasio

02 Aug 2016

Neptune is nice, but Ozone's vocal synth does have some hands swifnes that reason lacks. I would really be happy with the Ozone vs in reason, a sure sell for me.

K1TTENM1TTEN

03 Aug 2016

So as it sits, Vocal Synth is soooo clean and clear that it definitely has my eye on it and waiting for a sale. That being said, off the top of my head, there are a few REs that you could combine to get similar results - For the "Polyvox" section you could use Neptune turned to Vocal Synth (although you won't be hitting that "Imogen Heap" sounding portion of Polyvox with Neptune, again props goes to Vocal Synth on that), for the "Compuvox
section you could use BitSpeak, and for the "Vocoder" you could use Parsec. Using a filter RE like the AF-4 can certainly help aid you in getting closer to cleaning up some of the muddiness of the devices listed above, and BuffRE would be how to get those glitchy vocal holds from the "Shred" section.

Not gonna lie though, the "TalkBox" section is pretty stinkin' mint on Vocal Synth, and this is something that I have not been able to replicate within Reason. Those who have ever tried to use a talkbox will know that is it truly an art form in itself to be able to "speak" without plosives, form clear words, etc all with a rubber tube in your mouth and a good sounding carrier sawtooth synth patch. I have never figured out how Daft Punk makes all of their talkbox portions of their songs sound so ridiculously clean/clear, and this device gets you there quickly. I had never heard of this plug-in until today, and now I am trying to come up with the cash to buy this thing, haha!

SA Studio

04 Aug 2016

Neptune is great. I've made a few videos on YouTube of how to make backup harmonies using the Vocal Synth with Neptune. I've included those backups and vocal synths in many, many productions using Neptune. I love it.

However, Neptune is already dated. Seeing this from Ozone would be awesome!

Faxxer

05 Aug 2016

you guys that know how to route, tweak, and create don't have the issues us guys who just know how to play keyboards have...

alot of high technical sounding plugins, but how about simple presets of varying vocoder effects....that's worth paying money for in my opinion.

I just don't have time to learn how to route, tweak, and experiment...i need to be working on songs and presets get me there the fastest...i know how boring right? lol

c'mon work with me man!!! shut up and take my money!
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

Yonatan

06 Aug 2016

Sounds like a robotic doubler.

I would love to get some tips and trix how to get a natural sounding vocal doubler in Reason without singing manually.
What else than a slightly delay should a good vocal doubler have?

Loque

06 Aug 2016

Yonatan wrote:Sounds like a robotic doubler.

I would love to get some tips and trix how to get a natural sounding vocal doubler in Reason without singing manually.
What else than a slightly delay should a good vocal doubler have?
Make your voice, correct it, bounce it, load it into NNXT and attach a low LFO on the pitch with a chorus, phaser and Unison.
Reason12, Win10

Yonatan

06 Aug 2016

Wow, that way have I never thought. Not the most obvious way, but very creative way.

student9v

05 Oct 2018

• Information