Cant download trail versions of the rack extensions

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Night19812016

12 Aug 2016

Hello,

I have a serious issue hoping you people can help me out.

I've bought reason 9 and im trying to download some trail versions of the rack extensions of the propellerheads shop and when i try to download it , it says *Unknown Error* i tried formatting my windows didnt helped anything. I tried contacting Propellerheads but they dont give any response.

I've tried different browsers nothing helps, turned of my AV and my firewall, nothing seems to work.

The fun part is, my friend manages to download them and i cant..

Just wanting to know if anyone got a sollution to this?

Hope someone can help me out, i am getting desperate now esspecially because the support sucks.

Regards,

A Proud Musician

chimp_spanner

12 Aug 2016

Bumping as I can see on Facebook you're getting desperate for some help! I swear there was a thread or knowledge base article someone that dealt with licensed and account issues. Someone's gotta gave an answer...

jonheal

12 Aug 2016

Possibly your web browser is not playing well with Authorizer? If you're on Windows, try different a different browser.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

frog974new

12 Aug 2016

Night19812016 wrote:Hello,

I have a serious issue hoping you people can help me out.

I've bought reason 9 and im trying to download some trail versions of the rack extensions of the propellerheads shop and when i try to download it , it says *Unknown Error* i tried formatting my windows didnt helped anything. I tried contacting Propellerheads but they dont give any response.

I've tried different browsers nothing helps, turned of my AV and my firewall, nothing seems to work.

The fun part is, my friend manages to download them and i cant..

Just wanting to know if anyone got a sollution to this?

Hope someone can help me out, i am getting desperate now esspecially because the support sucks.

Regards,

A Proud Musician
to check
1) ping shop.propellerheads.se
2) the same with a traceroot
3) any crc ..?

Night19812016

12 Aug 2016

I dont think thats a sollution.

Pinging their site would probably succeed recieving packets and sending..

This is , in my thought because Propellerheads didnt made it available to people that live in the Netherlands.

Because when i try to make a support mail, i cannot even select my own country.

Go figure,

Propellerheads is just being selfish here and this is not how they should handle customers that pay so bloody much.

Excuse me..

chimp_spanner

12 Aug 2016

Nah I can't select UK either - you just use the second link on the support page. I wouldn't read anything into that.

As I commented on your Facebook post the only other thing that comes to mind is that you mentioned CCleaner, and I've read people on here having a terrible time with RE's/auth/cached files and that utility. It's debatable whether it's even needed at all these days but I'd certainly try removing CCleaner, doing a full uninstall of R9, code meter, etc. and giving it one last shot.

Also, some silly/obvious questions;

Can you launch and log into Reason just on its own? Sometimes one launch is needed before you can do anything else.

Have you Authorized your computer and/or ignition key to your account?

Are you able to run Authorizer on its own?

Have you tried disabling all non Microsoft services at startup except codemeter?

You said your friend can download trials; on your computer with his account? Or on his own computer?

At this point the only thing I can think is CCleaner. Beyond that I'm a little stumped. Is there any kind of debugging or diagnostic view in your browser? Maybe that will shine a light on where the error is taking place.

Night19812016

13 Aug 2016

how can u tell me to stop services from microsoft? it doesnt make sense you cannot disable services in windows itself lol..esspecially not from windows itself!!!!

Seriously CCleaner method doesnt work either, i have codemeter installed and activated. And i have the authorizer aswell.. the communication between us is working because the key was activated aswell.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Aug 2016

I'm sure I have replied to one of your threads (probably FB) have you tried another browser and do you get the same errors?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Aug 2016

Night19812016 wrote:how can u tell me to stop services from microsoft? it doesnt make sense you cannot disable services in windows itself lol..esspecially not from windows itself!!!!

Seriously CCleaner method doesnt work either, i have codemeter installed and activated. And i have the authorizer aswell.. the communication between us is working because the key was activated aswell.
He said "NON Microsoft services"

Out of interest if you go to your product/RE page (under accounts) and hit the "sync all" button, does that work OK?

chimp_spanner

13 Aug 2016

Yeah, disable non-Microsoft services (it's a tick box in msconfig's services tab). This will rule out interactions between any other installed service and your browser/PH's authoriser.

AFAIK Carly he has tried other browsers. It doesn't make sense that he can activate and run Reason but not download trials. Got me stumped.

Night19812016

13 Aug 2016

I've been logging in with a Facebook acount. I think the problem lays in there.. I've been having an acount wich i used to buy it.. and honestly i just recently did Transfer license to my normal acount. And i dont know if its gonna help anything.

But im trying.. dont know how long it takes to transfer licenses

• Information