Fritz Granular Engine is in the Shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rcbuse
RE Developer

17 Aug 2016

lowpryo wrote:that's awesome. just curious, because it's doing some pretty complex effects on the incoming signal, is there any latency in that process?
Yes, the device's core is an input buffer, and the grains play out of that buffer thats in the past.

rcbuse
RE Developer

17 Aug 2016

Libraquaricorn wrote: A request: is it possible to make it possible to trigger the Fritz dice button (patch generator) by an external device? To hook up an LFO or puls generator to trigger it? I tried to do this via the programmer but the dice button was not a programmable destination.
That would be awesomesauce, but sadly that button is actually a custom display with ALL parameters connected to it.. a meta button. Because of the way the plumbing in the RE works its just not possible.

michael.jaye

17 Aug 2016

rcbuse wrote:
Zac wrote:I understand the name now! As in ... it's on the fritz :) Just downloaded to play with.
Its actually named Fritz as a hommage to one my favorite albums, Pomme Fritz. Messing around with this device made some amazingly similar sounds.
Pomme_Fritz_(The_Orb_EP_-_cover_art).jpg
I don't know why this Orb album isn't rated as one of their finest. I love it.

starfish91

17 Aug 2016

Oh hell yes!

XysteR

17 Aug 2016

I could hear a shitload of Aphex Twin sounding things going on in the demos. This thing is further proof, there is nothing on the internet I won't crack-one-off-the-wrist over..... lol

Faastwalker

17 Aug 2016

tiker01 wrote:
MannequinRaces wrote:My request might be dumb but my wallet really wants to see a Nostromo / Fritz bundle in the shop (I already own PSQ or would have bought the other bundle!). Think about it Rob. ;)
Makes sense to me. Even to have all three in one bundle as they look alike so much
I was thinking the same. Norstromo, PSQ-1684 & Fritz look like they belong together ;) I didn't pull the trigger on the Nostromo & PSQ-1684 bundle as it's a big outlay for me & I've not been able to afford it at the moment. But I'd still love to get those devices so a bundle of all three would be the way forward for me if it came up :thumbs_up:

Rice

17 Aug 2016

Seriously, this thing needs medication, it's very VERY SICK! Wow! Great job guys. I just had to see what all of the rave was about and now i know!

Faastwalker

17 Aug 2016

rcbuse wrote:
Skullture wrote:Great design. Since it looks like the Nostromo skin are you offering it in a bundle as well?
Probably not, the PSQ & Nostromo probably won't be around for too much longer either. I like to do those when I launch a new device and free upgrade the other one.
Probably not or definitely not? Never say never I guess but just wondering if it's worth waiting or pulling the trigger ASAP!!

If the Nostromo / PSQ bundle is finite I'd better get saving. Will you give some warning when it's about to go South? If need be we might have to skip food for a week in order that I might take advantage of the bundle. My wife & kids won't mind too much. They don't mind beans at all, although every night might be a push.

challism

18 Aug 2016

Something that was discovered during beta testing by one of the testers was the ability to record the randomization of Fritz. So, create a sequencer lane for it. Hit record, then hit random. Do this until you find a couple of cool settings that you like. Then go into the sequencer lanes and delete all the points between the two settings (ie, delete all the stuff from the times you hit random and didn't like the result). This will create a really sweet sounding morph effect when playing from one setting to another. Does that make sense? This is basically a way to morph from one patch to another.

And here is something that Rob came up with.... try it out:
reset the device.
set the delay to 4 seconds.
record some variable audio like someone talking.
freeze the input.
sweep the scale from 0% to 200%, watch the grains float on the display and notice how it matches up with the audio scrubbing.
Change the spray and watch them dance around where you set the scale.
Change pitch and watch the grains flow in either direction.
Up the length and watch more grains appear.

This is really cool on vocals. :)

I love Lectric Panda and Fritz is amazing. Congratulations on the release, Rob!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Loque

18 Aug 2016

Does this RE has sync for length and LFOs? And have the LFOs a CV out, which allows me to control fx for the break outs?
Reason12, Win10

challism

18 Aug 2016

Loque wrote:Does this RE has sync for length and LFOs? And have the LFOs a CV out, which allows me to control fx for the break outs?
Yes, yes and yes!

Yes, it has sync for LFO (button right next to the LFO rate knob).

Yes, the button between emit rate and length (turns blue when clicked) is a button to link the rate and length (you can sync the emit length and then link length to the synced emit rate).

Yes, there are CV outs for the LFOs on the back of the device.

tiker01

18 Aug 2016

rcbuse wrote:
Libraquaricorn wrote: A request: is it possible to make it possible to trigger the Fritz dice button (patch generator) by an external device? To hook up an LFO or puls generator to trigger it? I tried to do this via the programmer but the dice button was not a programmable destination.
That would be awesomesauce, but sadly that button is actually a custom display with ALL parameters connected to it.. a meta button. Because of the way the plumbing in the RE works its just not possible.
Perhaps it could be triggerd by a MIDI note?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

dana

18 Aug 2016

Some of the sounds that come out of this are totally bonkers and off the wall.. To the spawn of the devil!

And thats just from inputting a clarinet sound from the orkester library!

jfrichards

18 Aug 2016

jfrichards wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion that Fritz will be 50 guitar effects and 50 vocal effects right out of the device (intended or unintended), then the sky's the limit.
Hot damn! This may be the best guitar pedal ever made! I have it running right after the amp/cab sims like Revival, Kuassa, and Softube. It's way beyond my expectations.

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

18 Aug 2016

rcbuse wrote: Its actually named Fritz as a hommage to one my favorite albums
I cannot like this post enough. :puf_bigsmile:
Our full RE catalogue: shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=AirRaid+Audio
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/airraid-audio
Twitter: twitter.com/AirRaidAudio
Official site: airraidaudio.com

Zac

18 Aug 2016

Fritz after DLD's Speak n Tweak Voice Synthesizer are hours of fun :puf_bigsmile:

dagwood

18 Aug 2016

OMFG this is amazing!

Jagwah

19 Aug 2016

Barely had time to play with it just need to say this is the most excited I have been about a RE in a long time, purchase will probably be a no brainer judging by the quick session I had. Can't wait to dive in - a video would be nice :)

challism

19 Aug 2016

Zac wrote:Fritz after DLD's Speak n Tweak Voice Synthesizer are hours of fun :puf_bigsmile:
That might just give me a reason to buy Speak n Tweak. I've never really been interested in it... until Fritz. But I could see how they would compliment each other nicely.

Another really fun thing to do is to plug Etch Red in the insert FX. I have created some amazing sounds doing this.

Zac

19 Aug 2016

challism wrote:
Zac wrote:Fritz after DLD's Speak n Tweak Voice Synthesizer are hours of fun :puf_bigsmile:
That might just give me a reason to buy Speak n Tweak. I've never really been interested in it... until Fritz. But I could see how they would compliment each other nicely.

Another really fun thing to do is to plug Etch Red in the insert FX. I have created some amazing sounds doing this.
Yes, Fritz adds another dimension to Speak n Tweak, I got some amazing sounds last night. I feel some nice sampling and REXing sessions happening :)

I tried putting Fritz in as an insert in Fritz last night :shock: Actually I didn't get much that was useful but the insert slot adds another dimension to this incredibly well thought out RE.

dana

19 Aug 2016

Its like neutron on steroids

jonheal

19 Aug 2016

rcbuse wrote:
lowpryo wrote:that's awesome. just curious, because it's doing some pretty complex effects on the incoming signal, is there any latency in that process?
Yes, the device's core is an input buffer, and the grains play out of that buffer thats in the past.
How long is the input buffer?
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Jmax

19 Aug 2016

Pretty kewl.. I haven't trialed it yet but will shortly. But can't help asking does it come with some patches? if so how many?

Libraquaricorn

19 Aug 2016

Jmax wrote:Pretty kewl.. I haven't trialed it yet but will shortly. But can't help asking does it come with some patches? if so how many?
An infinite number, thanks to the random patch maker A.K.A. the "Dice-button". There's also 30 "saved" patches to chose from, all with beautifully weird Latin names like "Altostratus Translucidus Duplicatus" and "Stratocumulus Lenticularis".

WongoTheSane

19 Aug 2016

Jmax wrote:Pretty kewl.. I haven't trialed it yet but will shortly. But can't help asking does it come with some patches? if so how many?
There are 30 patches, but honestly, it's one of those devices where patches are mostly only useful in the context of your own workflow. The actual output of Fritz is extremely dependant on the source audio, so creating "meaningful" patches would require either to provide full songs, or detailed instructions (like "this patch expects a drums pattern in 1/16th with as little tail as possible") which can't fit in a patch name and are rather difficult to embed even in a combi, as you can't guarantee the users will have Selig's ReMark or Jiggery-Pokery's TMA.

Additionally, the "Randomize" button is pretty much an instant patch creator, so the lack of "official" presets shouldn't be a problem. From my own experience and what I've read in this thread, the "common" way to use it is to insert it in an FX chain and click "Random" a few times until you find something you like. The Randomizer is "intelligent" and yields very good and usable results almost everytime.

• Information