REs that allow randomisation of device parameters

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Zac

21 Aug 2016

I've said this in separate threads but think it's worthy of its own.

I love that LoveOne and Lectric Panda have incorporated 'randomisation' buttons in their REs Vibro and Fritz. For me it's a very welcome addition in devices that have many inter-dependencies between parameters such as synths and creative FX.

In Vibro there is the added bonus that you can 'Mask' certain parameters, such as envelopes for instance, so that they don't get altered in the randomisation process. This is great because I may know that I want a slow attack Pad sound and therefore can set the AMP and FILTER envs suitably and have them not get changed whilst going from random patch to random patch until I find the sort of sound I'm after. I can then tweak things manually to get it more polished.

I really would like to see this trend continuing with new synths and FX where it's appropriate (not compressors etc). But I guess the reason for this post really is to say that I can think of so many REs already in the shop that would benefit enormously from retro fitting with this feature. I have no idea about the feasibility of this but just wanted to say it :)

michael.jaye

21 Aug 2016

Yep, randomisation is a godsend, especially with repetitive electronic musics.

modecca

22 Aug 2016

Im always using randomize matrix then plugging in the ochenk cv tuner for a vast array of 'intelligent' musical variation.
🔗💥

chimp_spanner

22 Aug 2016

I suppose some clever person out there could probably analyse the preset file for any given RE and write a program that would spit out randomised patches. That'd be pretty sick!

Anyone?

Zac

22 Aug 2016

I'm fairly sure someone did write a program that would do that but I think it was mac only so I didn't look into it. I'd welcome that as well but it's great having the instant gratification from having a new patch created there and then in the device.

I do think it's a good thing we've got some dedicated RE developers as well as those from VST land.

K.Markov

22 Aug 2016

modecca wrote:Im always using randomize matrix then plugging in the ochenk cv tuner for a vast array of 'intelligent' musical variation.
yup :puf_smile:

• Information