New EQ - RedRock RE3Q Sixband Equalizer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Red Rock

06 Sep 2016

8cros wrote: You will not mind if I steal your idea and make myself a blue combinator repeating Maag EQ?
And I share this equalizer?
I have a series of patches for equalization. I really like this design, but I'm going to spend the money to upgrade.
I did not create Maag EQ, so that question is not for me :)
I think you do not need to ask permission to make the blue panels on GUI
8cros wrote: And I want to add. Copy leveler and deesser will be very difficult I think. :)
Nevertheless, they do not do any magic.

unisyn

06 Sep 2016

I don't see why this dev is freaking out when fair criticism or evaluation is being done.
Especially when there's already people being satisified with it's end result.

selig
RE Developer

06 Sep 2016

joeyluck wrote:I have some catching up to do. From the looks of it though, it seems to have just been a misunderstanding that has been cleared up :puf_smile:

Sometimes mirroring (reflective conversation) is needed in order to find ourselves on the same page. As in saying, "I heard or saw you say this which I take it to mean this." And then that allows the other to respond with either, "Yes, that is what I meant" or "No, what I mean is actually this." This situation sounds like the latter, so we should be able to move on :puf_smile:
FWIW Selig, I had thought you meant the same as Red Rock is perceiving in a conversation about MP5 I think. I didn't pay it any mind or ask more about it because I already had MP5 and am very happy with it.

In regards to the 'certified pro' bit, I would like to see that change. I don't want any of my comments or opinions being given any more weight because of a potentially misleading title. It just means I've made a crap load of posts... :lol:
It's simple really: Red Rock is claiming "dirty tricks" on my part. Do you agree or disagree?

Also, please note that Red Rocks is publicly admitting to spreading proprietary information about my future products on this forum; who is the one playing "dirty" here? I can't confirm or refute if Red Rocks is actually stooping this low (no other developer has ever done this to another developer to my knowledge), but time will tell. To quote Red Rocks: "If so, then all at once will fall into place."

BTW, I've been showing how to re-create popular effects with the factory devices for many years now, with the Selig B3-Leslie as probably the most famous results. If anyone sees this as somehow trying to undercut other products, that's their business - I can't control that.

All I can say is the things that others may claim as MY motivations for my work is never going to be under my control. :)

EDIT: and can I also remind folks that I love Red Rocks products - their multi-band is my hands down favorite for Reason, and this is not the first time I've publicly praised their products…just want to be sure folks know there's no bad blood between us. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

06 Sep 2016

Red Rock wrote:
8cros wrote: You will not mind if I steal your idea and make myself a blue combinator repeating Maag EQ?
And I share this equalizer?
I have a series of patches for equalization. I really like this design, but I'm going to spend the money to upgrade.
I did not create Maag EQ, so that question is not for me :)
I think you do not need to ask permission to make the blue panels on GUI
8cros wrote: And I want to add. Copy leveler and deesser will be very difficult I think. :)
Nevertheless, they do not do any magic.
Of course they do not - now you're seeing my point!
:)
Note that the times I say this are in response to those who claim otherwise. ;)

Selig Audio, LLC

eusti

06 Sep 2016

I think there might be a language barrier issue going on here to complicate things slightly.

D.

Rice

06 Sep 2016

eusti wrote:I think there might be a language barrier issue going on here to complicate things slightly.

D.
I agree somewhat...both parties in general know what is basically being said. Both are being a bit sensitive. I've noticed this happens (even with others) whenever this Russian Dev drops a new product. Personally i don't give a hoot What anyone has to say technically or personally about a product I like or dislike. However, I do respect "constructive criticism," but there are times when different parties makes claims that its constructive when it is actually a well constructed way of saying your opinion sucks. Not all who read these post are stupid or naive and are smart enough to read between the lines of whats actually being said.

Some Dev's really do welcome valuable "criticism" and some, not so much. But, there are times when the opinion is squarely meant to insult the Dev or the end user but written in a way as not to sound as though they are. At the end of the day though "opinions are just like ass-holes, everyone's got one" lol :lol:

Red Rock

06 Sep 2016

selig wrote: Also, please note that Red Rocks is publicly admitting to spreading proprietary information about my future products on this forum; who is the one playing "dirty" here? I can't confirm or refute if Red Rocks is actually stooping this low (no other developer has ever done this to another developer to my knowledge), but time will tell. To quote Red Rocks: "If so, then all at once will fall into place."
Ha ha ha, I first heard about that the discussion the rumors is to spreading proprietary information, especially when the Developer himself distributes these rumors, just mentioning it in conversation :)
I sincerely hope that your EQ will have the magic , which is not in any equalizer presented in the PropShop.
I also hope that it seemed to me that you are trying to denigrate other software products for their own benefit.
P.S. I just want to say that I always read this forum and facebook (especially regarding products the Red Rock Sound), though do not take part in the discussions, it is the opinion I had not yesterday, and accumulated for a long time.
As the saying goes do not need to wake a sleeping bear, it will not lead to anything good. :D

Zac

08 Sep 2016

I really like this EQ. At first I wondered about the choice of bands - 10, 40, 160, 650, 2500... as they don't at first sight appear to be that useful, I mean 10Hz!! But then I soon noticed that each additional band is 4x the previous one and started to read this thread etc.

IMO it really does add low and high end very nicely. That 10Hz knob can just instantly beef up a master on its own. I can't get this for a while but it's top of my list now.

[Edit] After Ottostrom's subsequent post below, I'll just say I back neither party (seems to be a misunderstanding maybe?), I just like this RE.
Last edited by Zac on 08 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Ottostrom

08 Sep 2016

Red Rock wrote: Ha ha ha, I first heard about that the discussion the rumors is to spreading proprietary information, especially when the Developer himself distributes these rumors, just mentioning it in conversation :)
I sincerely hope that your EQ will have the magic , which is not in any equalizer presented in the PropShop.
I also hope that it seemed to me that you are trying to denigrate other software products for their own benefit.
P.S. I just want to say that I always read this forum and facebook (especially regarding products the Red Rock Sound), though do not take part in the discussions, it is the opinion I had not yesterday, and accumulated for a long time.
As the saying goes do not need to wake a sleeping bear, it will not lead to anything good. :D
Okey, I had gotten pretty excited about this EQ since a lot of people seems to like it. But I do not feel comfortable supporting a developer who take a legit and factual argument and turn it into name-calling... I've read every post in this thread now and I can not for the life of me figure out why you are still behaving so passively aggressive towards Selig. He never spread any false information about other REs for his own benefit, and he has repeatedly been trying to settle this like a decent person. Great work with driving away potential customers RedRock!

Red Rock

08 Sep 2016

Ottostrom wrote: Okey, I had gotten pretty excited about this EQ since a lot of people seems to like it. But I do not feel comfortable supporting a developer who take a legit and factual argument and turn it into name-calling... I've read every post in this thread now and I can not for the life of me figure out why you are still behaving so passively aggressive towards Selig. He never spread any false information about other REs for his own benefit, and he has repeatedly been trying to settle this like a decent person. Great work with driving away potential customers RedRock!
I do not suffer from the fact that you can not buy my RE. First of all, we create them for yourself, and give it an opportunity to get other users, if you are not in this list, I do not care :)

Ottostrom

08 Sep 2016

Red Rock wrote: I do not suffer from the fact that you can not buy my RE. First of all, we create them for yourself, and give it an opportunity to get other users, if you are not in this list, I do not care :)
Keep up that attitude and you will find that "yourself" is the only one using your REs.

Red Rock

08 Sep 2016

Ottostrom wrote:
Red Rock wrote: I do not suffer from the fact that you can not buy my RE. First of all, we create them for yourself, and give it an opportunity to get other users, if you are not in this list, I do not care :)
Keep up that attitude and you will find that "yourself" is the only one using your REs.
I do not see the connection between the communication on the site and the quality of products. If the former is more important to you, you do not need this equalizer, Save your money.

P.S. If you think that I am for the money ready to sell his soul to the devil, you're wrong. Better in this case to be alone.

Ottostrom

08 Sep 2016

Red Rock wrote: I do not see the connection between the communication on the site and the quality of products. If the former is more important to you, you do not need this equalizer, Save your money.
But you see, Im not saying it has an effect on the quality of the products. Im sure that the quality of your products are very good, and im fairly certain that i would get good use out of them. But when the developer of said products start saying things like "I dont need the customer" and "I dont care" it tends to drive some people away. Because some people are not so close minded that they only think "I want this, I buy this" when it comes to plugins/software or any kind of products for that matter.

Red Rock

08 Sep 2016

Ottostrom wrote:
Red Rock wrote: I do not see the connection between the communication on the site and the quality of products. If the former is more important to you, you do not need this equalizer, Save your money.
But you see, Im not saying it has an effect on the quality of the products. Im sure that the quality of your products are very good, and im fairly certain that i would get good use out of them. But when the developer of said products start saying things like "I dont need the customer" and "I dont care" it tends to drive some people away. Because some people are not so close minded that they only think "I want this, I buy this" when it comes to plugins/software or any kind of products for that matter.
I firmly replied, just because you are not aware of the matter and want to scare me outflow of customers. I know what the dispute. You say that he was never told about something you know about each of his message, you have access to his Ipad? No?, then do not say that he would never ... you do not know.

However, if you have not noticed, I wrote above, I hope that I was wrong about Selig. And I wished him luck to create a magical equalizer ...

P.S. I want you to know, I will never attack first. All the people who communicate with me positively, I answer too positively..

Ottostrom

08 Sep 2016

Red Rock wrote: I firmly replied, just because you are not aware of the matter and want to scare me outflow of customers. I know what the dispute. You say that he was never told about something you know about each of his message, you have access to his Ipad? No?, then do not say that he would never ... you do not know.

However, if you have not noticed, I wrote above, I hope that I was wrong about Selig. And I wished him luck to create a magical equalizer ...

P.S. I want you to know, I will never attack first. All the people who communicate with me positively, I answer too positively..
I think the fact that you see complaints and discussion as "attacks" is the fundamental flaw here.
And you are right, I do not know him in person and I have no access to his mind or thoughts (or ipad). But from browsing this forum since it started (although i did not have an account til recently) and beeing active on the old PUF forum I have only encountered Selig when he is either helping or informing people. I have never seen him talk down to anyone or trying to stir up arguments for selfish reasons. But I have seen him countless times go out of his way to help and teach people like me about Reason and audio in general, and I think that is enough info I need to create my impression of a person.

Oh, and your comment about wishing him luck on creating a "magical" eq is so full of spite that you can not with a good conscious say that it is legit.

Red Rock

08 Sep 2016

Ottostrom wrote:
Red Rock wrote: I firmly replied, just because you are not aware of the matter and want to scare me outflow of customers. I know what the dispute. You say that he was never told about something you know about each of his message, you have access to his Ipad? No?, then do not say that he would never ... you do not know.

I think the fact that you see complaints and discussion as "attacks" is the fundamental flaw here.
And you are right, I do not know him in person and I have no access to his mind or thoughts (or ipad). But from browsing this forum since it started (although i did not have an account til recently) and beeing active on the old PUF forum I have only encountered Selig when he is either helping or informing people. I have never seen him talk down to anyone or trying to stir up arguments for selfish reasons. But I have seen him countless times go out of his way to help and teach people like me about Reason and audio in general, and I think that is enough info I need to create my impression of a person.

Oh, and your comment about wishing him luck on creating a "magical" eq is so full of spite that you can not with a good conscious say that it is legit.

I probably look here as a Russian madman who turned against the innocent. And I wanted to end the dispute, because I have already said what I wanted, and it all turns into "one yes on that".
But you force me to continue.
I want to say that I get dozens of emails with appreciation the fact that I am talking about Selig. It would be better that these people wrote on this the forum than personal messages, then I would have seemed less crazy Russian.

Now back to your post:
Have you ever thought that helping you in a certain subject, so subtly discourage you from buying a particular product. You do not need to say directly, "do not buy it," one can simply dispensable defect on product, turn into a fatal error, after which you will not want to buy this product. Especially when helper is also preparing a similar product for release.
Yes, I do not argue, it helps, who do not agree?
Now I do not want to talk about Selig, just Imagine a case, then you will immediately become clear.

In addition, if you notice Selig, sent me to the administrators of this site, he has a direct bearing on the administration of this site. Why did he send me to yourself or your friends who will support it? Is it an step as you said a "decent person"?

Ottostrom

08 Sep 2016

Red Rock wrote: I want to say that I get dozens of emails with appreciation the fact that I am talking about Selig.
Going full Trump with this one eh?

If his help turns me away from buying a product then I dont need it. That counts as help to me.
And who else is he suppose to send you to? The police?! Yes, he is an admin. Does not make your point more valid.

Red Rock

08 Sep 2016

Ottostrom wrote:
Red Rock wrote: I want to say that I get dozens of emails with appreciation the fact that I am talking about Selig.
Going full Trump with this one eh?

If his help turns me away from buying a product then I dont need it. That counts as help to me.
And who else is he suppose to send you to? The police?! Yes, he is an admin. Does not make your point more valid.

What's the point if you ask me? Listen further your Selig. From me, you what need?

Ottostrom

08 Sep 2016

Red Rock wrote: What's the point if you ask me? Listen further your Selig. From me, you what need?
I think we can end this little dispute on such a well thought out sentence.

Red Rock

08 Sep 2016

Ottostrom wrote:
Red Rock wrote: What's the point if you ask me? Listen further your Selig. From me, you what need?
I think we can end this little dispute on such a well thought out sentence.
You correctly think.

Emian

08 Sep 2016

this tread reminds me of the good old PUF days.....

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Ottostrom

08 Sep 2016

Red Rock wrote: You correctly think.
To end this on a better note(and more on topic of the post), I just wanna say that in my opinion the design and GUI is one of the best.

selig
RE Developer

08 Sep 2016

I just want to clarify I've not commented on the quality of this Red Rocks product. I'm not sure where the assertion that I attacked first has come from. I'll also say that I love the C1L1 and that Red Rocks Multi Band is by far my favorite MB compressor in Reason - I've not been shy about sharing this love either, so I'm again confused as to why there are any long standing "issues" between Red Rocks and myself. I invite them to share privately with me if they have concerns - let's get this sorted and get the forums back to being a helpful place for everyone.

Selig Audio, LLC

Red Rock

08 Sep 2016

selig wrote:I just want to clarify I've not commented on the quality of this Red Rocks product. I'm not sure where the assertion that I attacked first has come from. I'll also say that I love the C1L1 and that Red Rocks Multi Band is by far my favorite MB compressor in Reason - I've not been shy about sharing this love either, so I'm again confused as to why there are any long standing "issues" between Red Rocks and myself. I invite them to share privately with me if they have concerns - let's get this sorted and get the forums back to being a helpful place for everyone.

C1-L1 is not our product, we just ported it, it was certainly not easy, but nevertheless, thanks for the compressor to Vlad G.

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... &hilit=mbc
If we judge by tests that you have provided in this topic, you should MBC get around, if you use it so far, I do not even know what to say

selig
RE Developer

08 Sep 2016

Red Rock wrote:
selig wrote:I just want to clarify I've not commented on the quality of this Red Rocks product. I'm not sure where the assertion that I attacked first has come from. I'll also say that I love the C1L1 and that Red Rocks Multi Band is by far my favorite MB compressor in Reason - I've not been shy about sharing this love either, so I'm again confused as to why there are any long standing "issues" between Red Rocks and myself. I invite them to share privately with me if they have concerns - let's get this sorted and get the forums back to being a helpful place for everyone.

C1-L1 is not our product, we just ported it, it was certainly not easy, but nevertheless, thanks for the compressor to Vlad G.

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... &hilit=mbc
If we judge by tests that you have provided in this topic, you should MBC get around, if you use it so far, I do not even know what to say
I love your MultiBand compressor, what can I say. In the thread you linked, I pointed out an issue with Bob's crossovers and he was elated I had done so and wanted to find out more from me to see if he can address the issue - and that's the type of response I typically get if I find an issue for a fellow developer. With your product I found no issues to report to you, as you're quality was top notch. And you are mad at me for doing that?
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information