Déjà Vu Delay Station in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Marco Raaphorst

03 Oct 2016

interesting!!!! will try soon!

Creativemind

03 Oct 2016

Does sound nice that :-)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

chimp_spanner

03 Oct 2016

Really nice! Reminds me of the psychedelay from Guitar Rig; something I've always fancied having in Reason :)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2016

Always good to see new a devoloper getting into the RE format.

Looks like a nice little delay device, simple but with enough functions to make it interesting. I will probably try it out at some point.
Not a personal favorite GUI/color wise, but I could live with that since it's a small device. If it was a big synth with this color it would be a bigger issue for me.

At the moment I'm too busy thinking about buying Expanse and Legend.
Can't buy everything. Too much new stuff in the rack already :)

sonicbyte

03 Oct 2016

Sounds better than its looks... !

bsp

03 Oct 2016

Hmm, when the Pitch knob is set to anything but 0, and Pitch Mix is set to 100%, the right channel output is almost silent and sounds broken.

I like the "Boomerang" mode (a lot, actually).

Has anyone figured out what the "Repeats" knob does ? (seems to do nothing at all)

EDIT (2 min later): Setting the Bass knob to -inf crashes the device.

EDIT (10 min later): Dev has been notified.

ohmygoff

03 Oct 2016

Got my first ever RE crash from this device while changing the treble knob. Also, pitch functionality seems to be not working all the time - most of the time I only seem get a pitched delay after sweeping the pitch knob back and forth by hand. I like the sound and basic concept though.

challism

03 Oct 2016

I wonder if they had a beta testing team? Those two crashed from simple knob tweaking seem like something that would/should have been discovered in beta. It's really easy to get some volunteers to help beta test your device and it is highly recommended.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Marco Raaphorst

04 Oct 2016

Bug: the Pitch Mix delays the signal even with 0 pitch shifting.

How to report these bugs, is the developer checking this thread?

Marco Raaphorst

04 Oct 2016

When turning the Bass and Treble knobs I here stepping glitches. It's not smooth.

Maybe a manual with some explanation would help. It's a cool device but not ready for show time just yet imo.

Marco Raaphorst

04 Oct 2016

With CV plugged in: With the Treble above 0 db the Bass is not doing anything
Last edited by Marco Raaphorst on 04 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Marco Raaphorst

04 Oct 2016

With CV plugged in: With the Bass below 0 the Treble is not doing anything.

Loque

04 Oct 2016

Seems to be very buggy. I think i skip some releases before i test it.
Reason12, Win10

Marco Raaphorst

04 Oct 2016

I do love it!

sumusik

04 Oct 2016

I haven't tried it yet, but based upon the videos, this is actually the type of device I've been wanting. Simple, 1RU with reverse. I hope the bugs get squared away. I might still purchase it anyway.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

05 Oct 2016

sumusik wrote:I haven't tried it yet, but based upon the videos, this is actually the type of device I've been wanting. Simple, 1RU with reverse. I hope the bugs get squared away. I might still purchase it anyway.

Titus is a delay, simple, 1U, and has reverse. OK, it doesn't have the pitch-shift, or modulation like it's big brother, but if you have Polar you can get the same effect, now, and entirely bug-free :puf_wink:

As a general aside, looking at the shop page, I'm really jolly curious as to how "Similar Products" to this delay are three Equaliser's and a Maximizer. What, I might ask, is the actual point of the "Similar Products"? For all the use it is they might as well just bring up links to Sewing Kits and Washing Machines. :lol:

WongoTheSane

05 Oct 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:For all the use it is they might as well just bring up links to Sewing Kits and Washing Machines. :lol:
I see what you did there... :lol: :lol: :lol:
household.PNG
household.PNG (455.99 KiB) Viewed 2672 times

sdst
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2016

all the best Delay in reason are inside the top synth ( Legend,Expanse,Vecto. etc)

I hope this Dalay has that quality. reason needs Something like the fabfilter delay. :)

Skullture

05 Oct 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:
sumusik wrote:I haven't tried it yet, but based upon the videos, this is actually the type of device I've been wanting. Simple, 1RU with reverse. I hope the bugs get squared away. I might still purchase it anyway.

Titus is a delay, simple, 1U, and has reverse. OK, it doesn't have the pitch-shift, or modulation like it's big brother, but if you have Polar you can get the same effect, now, and entirely bug-free :puf_wink:
Give another dev a chance will you ;)
Last edited by Skullture on 05 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

sumusik

05 Oct 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:

Titus is a delay, simple, 1U, and has reverse. OK, it doesn't have the pitch-shift, or modulation like it's big brother, but if you have Polar you can get the same effect, now, and entirely bug-free
Good points Jiggery, Thanks! But I think I would front the additional $4 for the additional features. Of course under the assumption that the bugs will be fixed. :puf_wink:

bsp

05 Oct 2016

Good news, the dev was very quick to fix the bugs. They gave me a beta last night.

Here's a simple soundcheck:

This is Expanse through Déjà Vu, using the Morfin Crossfader RE to control the dry/wet ratio (Déjà Vu has no overall dry/wet knob itself).

As unusual as this RE may be regarding certain UI design decisions, I think the Boomerang "analog" mode sounds marvelous. I was not able to replicate this with Titus/Steerpike (or any other delay RE).

I hope that there will be an official release very soon (already bought it).

Abstrax

05 Oct 2016

bsp wrote:I think the Boomerang "analog" mode sounds marvelous. I was not able to replicate this with Titus/Steerpike (or any other delay RE).
I couldn't figure out a way to reproduce the boomerang either. Maybe we can call in JiggeryPokery to steer us in the right direction.

Faastwalker

06 Oct 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:As a general aside, looking at the shop page, I'm really jolly curious as to how "Similar Products" to this delay are three Equaliser's and a Maximizer. What, I might ask, is the actual point of the "Similar Products"? For all the use it is they might as well just bring up links to Sewing Kits and Washing Machines. :lol:
I've noticed that. 'Similar products' often comes up with nothing of the sort! A complete waste of space to be sure. It would be interesting to know how 'similar products' are generated because it often makes no sense what so ever knowing what is actually similar in the RE shop.

Another plug for Titus here (albeit out of place). It's a bargain delay. A no brainer at the price but I'm going to check out Deja Vu as well as you can never have too much delay in your arsenal in my humble opinion.

• Information