Parsec 2.0.2

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chrischrischris

19 Oct 2016

Hi,

Has anyone downloaded The 2.0.2 Parsec Update yet.

I'm just curious to know how it reacts with Patches that are already in Projects. Are these affected by the 6db level change or is that just for future loading of Presets?

Thanks in advance

chris
Last edited by chrischrischris on 19 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

jonheal

19 Oct 2016

2.0.5? I see only 2.0.2.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

chrischrischris

19 Oct 2016

jonheal wrote:2.0.5? I see only 2.0.2.
2.0.2! Edited.

Olivier

19 Oct 2016

chrischrischris wrote:Hi,

Has anyone downloaded The 2.0.5 Parsec Update yet.

I'm just curious to know how it reacts with Patches that are already in Projects. Are these affected by the 6db level change or is that just for future loading of Presets?

Thanks in advance

chris
It depends if they are Parsec 1, or Parsec 2 Pre 2.0.2 patches.
Parsec 1 patches will now sound the same as they did before.
Parsec 2 Pre 2.0.2 patches will now be 6dB louder.

However, its not the patches that are changed... its parsec itself ;) So they don't edit all the patches, they lifted parsec's output volume so anything you did with parsec 2 will now be louder.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

chrischrischris

19 Oct 2016

eauhm wrote:
chrischrischris wrote:Hi,

Has anyone downloaded The 2.0.5 Parsec Update yet.

Thanks in advance

chris
It depends if they are Parsec 1, or Parsec 2 Pre 2.0.2 patches.
Parsec 1 patches will now sound the same as they did before.
Parsec 2 Pre 2.0.2 patches will now be 6dB louder.

However, its not the patches that are changed... its parsec itself ;) So they don't edit all the patches, they lifted parsec's output volume so anything you did with parsec 2 will now be louder.
Really? that's crackers!!!! I might hold off on that update then till I can work out when and where I used Parsec and which Patches are from which Version.

I really would like to be able to browse all Parsec 2.0 ^ Patches without Parsec 1.0. This would help in this case.

So to clarify Parsec it's self has been boosted in volume by 6db but this only occurs when using A Patch "Created" from 2.0 ^. ie A Patch that I have created and saved using 2.0 will now have changed in volume by 6db both in The Projects that I have used The Patches in and also when I recall these Patches from My HD to use in other Projects?

Thanks in advance

Olivier

19 Oct 2016

They lifted parsec 2 volume to the level of parsec 1. Its volume was too low.
So all your pre-parsec 2 projects and patches will sound the same in parsec 2 as they did previously in parsec 1 before parsec 2 came out.
All the stuff you made since parsec 2 will now be louder with v2.0.2. Thats all.

so what do you have to do ?

Check everything you made with parsec 2 (not 1) prior 2.0.2.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

• Information