Synapse's The Legend Synthesizer Song Challenge Winners

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Vote to help us pick the 4th place winner

Poll ended at 28 Oct 2016

1 4filegate (filegate) - TDF
2%
2 Shokstar - Eternal
8%
3 Zac - No Agenda
1%
4 Peter Lansford - Omaha Hi Lo
1%
5 bepemixer - Legendary Love
No votes
6 Tommy Steger - The Path
No votes
7 Saul - All The Time ft. Luke
7%
8 Loque - Alone In The Dark Mastered
1%
9 4filegate - bliss
1%
10 sdst - Retrofuturism
1%
11 Tumble (Manell) - Temposvind
No votes
12 Peter Lansford - Miss Big Green Eyes
No votes
13 Lowas (RiffsnBeats) - The L
No votes
14 John Richards - She-wanted-to-grow-vegetables-in-california
1%
15 aRiver (Alex Ocean ft Ashley Apollodor) - eternity
4%
16 troyvasanth - The return of the legend
5%
17 tsteger (Tommy Steger) - Morfuse
No votes
18 Despondo - Autumn Sun
2%
19 filegate - Rheinfall_4filegate AVM
2%
21 ThisIsNotTheMusic - Under Pressure 3.0
No votes
22 Buddaka - Legend's Lullaby
6%
23 K.Markov - D Button
2%
24 exxx (8008chip) - The End Of L
No votes
25 plasticpulse (Plastic Fractal) - One Last Weekend
No votes
26 miscend (Nites) - The Legendary Challenge
No votes
27 VHS (Pale Male) - Arcades
5%
28 Advanced Suite - Figure
4%
29 Advanced Suite - Neverender
1%
30 FHtH (Slava Malinin) - ... On The Dead City's Street
4%
31 BenedictRoff-Marsh - As The Synthesizer Speaks
No votes
32 East Island - Rich Counted
1%
33 Leighbeater - Star Women
1%
34 K.Markov - Moog Or VW
No votes
35 Jonas Leo Blees - Deep Enough-e.p.i.c
1%
36 Plastic Fractal - I Was Never Here
No votes
37 VNUprod (VNUmusic (VolThoR)) - The Legend - Demo Song
No votes
38 coding - The Legend
No votes
40 4filegate (filegate) - TheBeach_4filegate AVM
No votes
41 MarkTarlton (echodrum) - Axiom Chamber
No votes
42 Grecco - I am The Legend (ft. Ellenyar)
4%
43 David Villa-Lobos - Lament Of The Faeries
1%
44 K.Markov - Time Traveler
2%
45 Noise Shadow - Synthology
1%
46 firejan826 - The Legend
No votes
47 Space and Drums - This is My Jam
2%
48 Mega- Luxuria23
1%
49 stratatonic (user35) DIGG
4%
50 Grumbleweed - The Legend Of Itzma Foot
1%
51 David Villa-Lobos - Flashlights
2%
52 God Of Rainbows - Dark Light
5%
54 Lowas - The G
1%
55 Junkish - The Office
No votes
56 Logical Pocket - Drunken Reverb Master
No votes
57 MassiveSoundCanada - Source Legend
5%
58 flavolous - Lets Go [The Legend]
2%
59 oBlikua Red Sun
No votes
60 alteree - (We are) the humans
No votes
61 Trefor - All Legend All The Time
No votes
62 Kuranes (Ghosts In The Attic) - The Alchemist (a True LEGEND)
No votes
63 Libraquaricorn - 7 Legends
No votes
64 Hazel (Azrael's Amblyopia) - Slow Ride To Planet 9
2%
65 exxx - Markus Groove
No votes
66 teddymcw-playground - Skynet Used To Be A Cool Dude
No votes
67 swamptooth (A.H. Peterson) - From San Francisco Theme
No votes
68 Breach The Sky - The End Of A Legend
No votes
69 teddymcw - Banner of a Legend
No votes
70 Child of Saturn - Dawnchaser (The Legend)
2%
71 xxASMxx (A S M) - Synapse 4
1%
72 xxASMxx (A S M) - Synapse 13
No votes
73 Zhi Zhu - AJ 3000 - Fetch The Hot Sauce
No votes

Total votes: 85
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2016

4filegate wrote:
TritoneAddiction wrote: But I'm not really interested in being a judge.
But this is just one opinion, I'm sure plenty of people feel differently.
speak in riddles
1. no argument given Jury to be called dictatorship
2. that's not the same direct democracy/democracy
3. a public vote is not the proof of democracy (direct democracy = only the participant is a part of it)
4. it is well to generate traffics
I think you misunderstood my intention with my comment. Calling the current system a "dictatorship" was meant as a joke. I simply used that word because the word "democracy" got used earlier. I just used the opposite word to democracy for some fun. To quote myself:

"The only problem with democracy (public voting) here is if a Song Challenge has 70-90 tracks (like with The Legend and Expanse). That's 7-9 full albums to carefully listen to and judge.
I'm not sure I would be able to find the time to listen through all that, especially if I want to give each song a fair listen and not just skim through them.
I'm up for voluntarily public voting for the 4th place, otherwise I'm fine with the dictatorship we have right now :)"

I thought the smiley afterwards would make that obvious and also by reading my post in its entirety. I wasn't trying to be rude or offensive. I was just trying to say I like the way the song challenges are run right now and I personally have no desire to choose the winners.

I'm sure there are lots of arguments for other judging systems and I would probably be fine with most of them, I just happen to like the way it is run right now.

4filegate

28 Oct 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:
4filegate wrote:
TritoneAddiction wrote: But I'm not really interested in being a judge.
But this is just one opinion, I'm sure plenty of people feel differently.
speak in riddles
1. no argument given Jury to be called dictatorship
2. that's not the same direct democracy/democracy
3. a public vote is not the proof of democracy (direct democracy = only the participant is a part of it)
4. it is well to generate traffics
I think you misunderstood my intention with my comment. Calling the current system a "dictatorship" was meant as a joke. I simply used that word because the word "democracy" got used earlier. I just used the opposite word to democracy for some fun. To quote myself:

"The only problem with democracy (public voting) here is if a Song Challenge has 70-90 tracks (like with The Legend and Expanse). That's 7-9 full albums to carefully listen to and judge.
I'm not sure I would be able to find the time to listen through all that, especially if I want to give each song a fair listen and not just skim through them.
I'm up for voluntarily public voting for the 4th place, otherwise I'm fine with the dictatorship we have right now :)"

I thought the smiley afterwards would make that obvious and also by reading my post in its entirety. I wasn't trying to be rude or offensive. I was just trying to say I like the way the song challenges are run right now and I personally have no desire to choose the winners.

I'm sure there are lots of arguments for other judging systems and I would probably be fine with most of them, I just happen to like the way it is run right now.
spent time is always an argument and it is legitimately by Noel to be spoken about them
why you thinker of being a judge if you can have an influence from voting ?

don't get me wrong - I'm not amused by modern talking rules :)

Kuranes

28 Oct 2016

Hi!

Congratulations to the winners! Considering the standards you have set with your entries, I do not feel my efforts are a failure; much more I am thankful, because you - and also the other competitioners - gave examples for what is possible with creativity and the right tools at hand. So, even though I didn't win, I still found enough inspiration to keep on. Kudos to everyone who was part of this challenge - Noel and Richard and all of you competitioners. Keep up the good work, and see you next time! :)

P.S.: Kudos again to Richard & Synapse for creating such a great sounding Synthesizer, without a doubt worth the 100 Euros!
“To be is to do”—Socrates.
“To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
“Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-del-vecchio

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:The only problem with democracy (public voting) here is if a Song Challenge has 70-90 tracks (like with The Legend and Expanse). That's 7-9 full albums to carefully listen to and judge.
I don't think they are expecting us to listen to all the songs super carefully. I think they just want to get an idea of what songs are "doing it for you"
So skimming through 90 or so songs and picking out the 3 that stood out to you should be acceptable.

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2016

Kuranes wrote:Hi!

Congratulations to the winners! Considering the standards you have set with your entries, I do not feel my efforts are a failure; much more I am thankful, because you - and also the other competitioners - gave examples for what is possible with creativity and the right tools at hand. So, even though I didn't win, I still found enough inspiration to keep on. Kudos to everyone who was part of this challenge - Noel and Richard and all of you competitioners. Keep up the good work, and see you next time! :)

P.S.: Kudos again to Richard & Synapse for creating such a great sounding Synthesizer, without a doubt worth the 100 Euros!
This is such a humbling post! I love it :)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2016

Advanced Suite wrote:I don't think they are expecting us to listen to all the songs super carefully. I think they just want to get an idea of what songs are "doing it for you"
So skimming through 90 or so songs and picking out the 3 that stood out to you should be acceptable.
You might be right.
In the end it's up to whoever sets the particular song challenge up to decide the rules. Whether the judging system stays the same or change I'm sure it will be great either way. It's not a big deal really, I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

28 Oct 2016

Okay, we're 3.5 hours away from 11:59 pm EST to close the poll. Get your votes in before it's too late.
ImageImage

Kuranes

28 Oct 2016

Advanced Suite wrote:

Oh my god, what have I done!?? You know, english isn't my first language, and so I am not exactly sure what you mean when you write "This is such a humbling post!" To be sure: I didn't want to disparage anyone; quite the opposite: I wanted to express my admiration of the talents of the other people contributing to the challenge. And that I appreciate the inspiration I got from their work That's all :)
“To be is to do”—Socrates.
“To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
“Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-del-vecchio

Reasonistas
RE Developer

29 Oct 2016

Congratulations Shokstar! Your song "Eternal" received the most votes from the 85 people that voted. Thank you once again to everyone that participated in this challenge and also to those that voted to help us select the 4th place winner.

Shokstar, please follow the instructions in the OP to receive an NFR of The Legend. Until next time, keep it Reason-able.
ImageImage

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2016

Kuranes wrote:
Advanced Suite wrote:

Oh my god, what have I done!?? You know, english isn't my first language, and so I am not exactly sure what you mean when you write "This is such a humbling post!" To be sure: I didn't want to disparage anyone; quite the opposite: I wanted to express my admiration of the talents of the other people contributing to the challenge. And that I appreciate the inspiration I got from their work That's all :)

I like your post! I feel the same way you do. You put my feelings into words. :)

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2016

Noel G. wrote:Congratulations Shokstar! Your song "Eternal" received the most votes from the 85 people that voted. Thank you once again to everyone that participated in this challenge and also to those that voted to help us select the 4th place winner.

Shokstar, please follow the instructions in the OP to receive an NFR of The Legend. Until next time, keep it Reason-able.
And yes! Congrats Shokstar :D

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2016

Congratulations Shokstar.

Shokstar

29 Oct 2016

Thank you guys :) and Congratulations to all other Winners too :)

mayzon

02 Nov 2016

Some fantastic entry's and deserved winners. Well done to all involved!

• Information