Kilohearts Toolbox in da house

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

26 Oct 2016

Yeah that's a particularly excellent Delay, top freebie thanks guys

Benedict
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2016

Am I missing something as the Resonator introduces a big latency when using Note CV In?

Thor for the synth sound and CV Source: MIDI Note > 100 > CV Out 1

Also the manual (for the VST no less) doesn't explain how these CV inputs should work.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

ljekio

27 Oct 2016

Benedict wrote:
I paid virtually no attention to tunings of the resonators as I have no real idea how a good soundboard or cabinet should affect an instrument but you will hear how the sound becomes more alive and 'real'.

Its so good for tone coloration of noise or drum loops.
Reaktor have class of instruments (pluck, ets) what works on this base - delay with time equal period for selected note.

Abstrax

27 Oct 2016

These are dope. Great, compact, and straight forward.

Am I the only 1 that thinks there should be a line marking the center of the stereo field on the stereo display? Something like this? The way it is right now, I cant tell the difference between center and slightly off-center.
Attachments
sdfdaf.jpg
sdfdaf.jpg (42.92 KiB) Viewed 2327 times

ProfessaKaos

27 Oct 2016

stratatonic wrote:A Big thank you to KiloHearts for the freebies. Free is always a good thing and fosters goodwill and awareness for future purchases, which judging how the chorus sounds on my guitar, may very well happen...

However, I put a Selig Gain after the Kilohearts Limiter and I am seeing peaks over 0dB. I had to drop the Output gain of the Limiter by almost 6dB to get the Selig Gain to register 0dB.

Can anyone confirm this?
I tested this, leaving the Threshold at 0dBFS and cranking the input gain till I reached around 10dB of gain reduction and nothing went past 0dBFS.
You must have the Master Compressor after your Master Suite?

It is actually a nice little Limiter, thanks KiloHearts for the free gifts, just in time for my birthday.
Attachments
KiloHearts Limiter.jpg
KiloHearts Limiter.jpg (45.41 KiB) Viewed 2325 times
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Marco Raaphorst

27 Oct 2016

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
stratatonic wrote:A Big thank you to KiloHearts for the freebies. Free is always a good thing and fosters goodwill and awareness for future purchases, which judging how the chorus sounds on my guitar, may very well happen...

However, I put a Selig Gain after the Kilohearts Limiter and I am seeing peaks over 0dB. I had to drop the Output gain of the Limiter by almost 6dB to get the Selig Gain to register 0dB.

Can anyone confirm this?
yes no brickwall/clipping
yes my wrong, it is brickwall for sure.

Yonatan

27 Oct 2016

KiloHearts sure does create a lot of goodwill with these releases.

stratatonic

27 Oct 2016

re: Limiter

The (limited amount of) limiters I've used had their Output as the ceiling. I had the Threshold cranked and Output at just under 0dB. User error here... :redface: Carry on.

sdst
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2016

the Delay is one of the best Delay in reason and it's free.

the filter is great and easy to use

I have not tried everything but these are very good RE

Jolla

27 Oct 2016

thanks kiloheartz! very smooth sound and cpu easy. Free limiter amazing!

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Miguel da Wu

27 Oct 2016

Wow, thanks Kilohearts, for the free extansions.
the chorus is amazing on vocals, better than other pay chorus extansions. the delay also.

fieldframe
RE Developer

27 Oct 2016

Yeah, I've gone from "this is quite good for a free chorus" to "no, this is just a really good chorus, period"!

stfual

27 Oct 2016

From the shop page
Released: 2016-10-26
Price: 149.00 USD (Save 56.43%)

199 * 56.43% = 112.2957
199 - 112.2957 = 86.7043

Discount is actually 25%

svenh

27 Oct 2016

Very nice devices! I am sure they will make their way into my tracks! :puf_bigsmile:

Well done Kilohearts! :thumbs_up:

Loque

27 Oct 2016

stfual wrote:From the shop page
Released: 2016-10-26
Price: 149.00 USD (Save 56.43%)

199 * 56.43% = 112.2957
199 - 112.2957 = 86.7043

Discount is actually 25%
:thumbs_down:

Maybe you should calculate from the prices of each individual RE. The discount is more than enough.
Last edited by Loque on 27 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

27 Oct 2016

Benedict wrote:Am I missing something as the Resonator introduces a big latency when using Note CV In?

No latency here when using it with a Matrix, RPG-8, Distributor, ABL3, etc.
I'm not too familiar with Thor and it's programming...

I'm not able to check now, maybe you are triggering extra low frequencies?
Try playing higher notes or adjusting the Resonator's octave up?

In case you weren't aware... via the custom display, you can adjust the note, octave, and cent individually. You can use the knob to quickly reset the pitch or assign/edit automation :thumbs_up:

What are you trying to do? When I want to control the note of Resonator in conjunction with than of another instrument, I place them in a Combinator and attach the note out from something like an RPG-8 (Arp off) to the note input of Resonator. Then I give the Combinator MIDI focus.

It sounds like what you are doing with Thor is on the right track, but I'm not familiar and not in a place to test that approach right now.
Hope that helps!

XysteR

27 Oct 2016

I wonder If the Stereo Re is from the 'Stereo Turbo' knob in Faturator?

ljekio

27 Oct 2016

Benedict wrote:Am I missing something as the Resonator introduces a big latency when using Note CV In?

Also the manual (for the VST no less) doesn't explain how these CV inputs should work.

No, Thor's MIDI to CV is bipolar and have note off as 0.
Its real problem for converting midi to cv note by Thor, but you always can use midi to cv from RPG-8 or take CV Note from any stock and RE sequencers (btw and Thor' sequencer too, from sequencer's cv/gate sockets at bottom of device)

lowpryo

27 Oct 2016

XysteR wrote:I wonder If the Stereo Re is from the 'Stereo Turbo' knob in Faturator?
Faturator's stereo knob is actually just the Haas effect (slight delay to either L or R channel only). that's covered by their 'Haas' RE. I think the 'Stereo' RE is like Reason's stock stereo widener (mid/side balancing), but I'm not positive

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2016

lowpryo wrote:
XysteR wrote:I wonder If the Stereo Re is from the 'Stereo Turbo' knob in Faturator?
Faturator's stereo knob is actually just the Haas effect (slight delay to either L or R channel only). that's covered by their 'Haas' RE. I think the 'Stereo' RE is like Reason's stock stereo widener (mid/side balancing), but I'm not positive
I tried kHs Stereo, the mid and width knobs do the same thing as Stereo Splitters (Quadelectra) mid and side knobs do. Turn up the the width and all you do is increase the volume on "side".
The Mclass Stereo Widener seems to do something else from my experience. Its wide knob doesn't increase the volume, it just makes it wider somehow.
Stereo Splitter and kHs Stereo has a different effect on the mono compatibility compared to Mclass Stereo Widener.

But I'm no expert in these things. This is just based on my own experience and fiddling around with these tools. Go and try and compare them for yourself.

Bonkhead

28 Oct 2016

How long will the intro price last ?

jonheal

28 Oct 2016

Bonkhead wrote:How long will the intro price last ?
maybe you could message this guy: Anders_kiloHearts
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Anders_kiloHearts
RE Developer

28 Oct 2016

You rang?

November 2nd ;)

Logismos

28 Oct 2016

joeyluck wrote:I'm not too familiar with Thor and it's programming...
:oops: Long time reason user? since v.1is it?? and still not familiar how to use thor? :oops:

:thumbs_up: for extra tools.

Anders_kiloHearts
RE Developer

28 Oct 2016

To answer some other questions (I'm on my phone right now though, but feel free to send mail to support@kilohearts.com with suggestions and questions.)

Limiter is brickwall, but does not take intersample peaks into account.

As mentioned, the note CV output from Thor is different from other devices and not very compatible with our Note CV. What happened with the Resonator was likely getting a reeeeeally low resonating frequency, which then starts to turn it into a delay almost. Recommend using RPG-8 for turning midi into usable CV (but in the long run we'd like to add midi support directly to the devices where applicable).

The Stereo device does not add any stereo content (except panning) to a mono signal, it only enhances or reduces the stereo content that is already there.

Thanks for all the kind words. Keep tool...boxing, people! <3

• Information