Good eving to all! Help for a Trance Producer who wants to buy his first Synth rack Extension?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tek29

01 Dec 2016

Hi dear friends and complimentsts for the Forum!
I'm a professional Trance and Edm Producer and i want to gift for me for the Christmas my first Rack Extension Synth!
I've tried a lot of synths but i havent choosed yet...
My question is:
Can you help me in the choice? I need you great opinion for buy the right synth for my music, i search a very good sound quality cause i've produced all of my discography in Reason since the version 2.5!!!

Nice Evening!!!

:essentials: :e :re: :reason:

EdGrip

01 Dec 2016

Here's a quick list while we wait for people who know what they're talking about.

Megasaur - JP-8000 style supersaw but with lots of flexibility. Maximum Trance. Cheap.

Blamsoft eXpanse - very versatile big fancy wavetable synth with the latest tech, nice user-interface.

The Legend - analogue-modelling MiniMoog if that's more your thing, again latest tech.

Antidote - the original big EDM Reason synth. Analogue/subtractive type.

Mixfood Unison - hardware-sample-based synth that someone on here today said they think is really good for Trance. Really cheap.

There are a few more wavetable synths in Reason - Nostromo is one, I think Zero is another - but they are not yet my area of interest/obsession.

EdGrip

01 Dec 2016

If you haven't tried eXpanse yet, try that.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Dec 2016

I'd go for Expanse. It's a very versataile synth. It has a lot of depth yet it's pretty easy to use. You'll get a lot of synthesis types in one synth, wavetable, subtractive and additive. You can even get some FM type of sounds from it. It's packed with features.

If you're looking for the opposite and want simplicity and limited options I'd say The Legend. It sounds awesome and has less of a digital sound.

But if you want a more modern sound Expanse is probably the way to go.

tek29

01 Dec 2016

Many thx for the kind reply friends! Still find something like other vst's like Spire, Sylenth 1, Serum or so, but i think there is noting like that for now, it's possible that these software houses don't think yet to our Reason users?

I think not i'm the only person who would see some of the acclaimed vst's in our loved Reason!

eXode

01 Dec 2016

Expanse and Antidote would be my top 2 for these kind of sounds. Be sure to try before you buy anyway! :)

tek29

01 Dec 2016

Thx for the advice, the choice now is definetly between Antidote (the price just now is 59 euros..) and Expanse (149 euro)

Honestly i like both but worth 90 euro of difference? And about sound quality?

It's argue :)

sumusik

01 Dec 2016

I would go with Antidote.

aisling

01 Dec 2016

maybe post your music so we can get a sense of your trance style sound? That could offer some more objective suggestions/recommendations.

XysteR

01 Dec 2016

At the moment Antidote is a steal at 59 Euro. I'd go for that first if money was an issue - Then get eXpanse later. If the sale wasn't on at the moment I'd advise eXpanse over Antidote.

Or just buy them both! They're two of the best synths for EDM in Reason. Zero and Parsec are brilliant too.

Just do the month demos to try them.

ambitran

01 Dec 2016

Also Predator as well!

fieldframe
RE Developer

01 Dec 2016

I can't speak to Predator's trance palette (I use it for synthwave), but among its gigantic factory soundbank, it does have a wide selection of trance patches. It also has a dedicated trance gate - I think Expanse may have something comparable as well, but I'm not a big user of in-patch sequencing so I'm not sure.

That said, my impression is that of all the RE workstation synths, Antidote is the only one that's sort of exclusively focused on dance/trance... and that deal is hard to beat!

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

01 Dec 2016

Antidote at that price would be my choice all day. Also there are a lot of great refills for it so that helps. :)

Mysterygrimms

02 Dec 2016

Get Antidote at the current sale price.

tek29

02 Dec 2016

Many thx friends, probably i will go for Antidote also if i can afford Expanse.
But in terms of sound quality?
As brillant and wide-opened sound i mean, again Antidote or Expanse?
As your personal opinion of course :)!

Kenni
Site Admin

02 Dec 2016

Well, you know me dude, and we practically do music in somewhat the same style.

Antidote is what will be closest to the synths you're used to, without a doubt. Especially at that price! (I use antidote a lot)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

eXode

02 Dec 2016

I'd say try them out and make your own mind up, but sound and feature wise - I would personally go for Expanse anyway. It's just so flexible and have so many possibilities. Even if Antidote is cheaper, the risk is you're going to get Expanse anyway and likely not use Antidote that much anymore - then it doesn't matter if it's priced less. :)
Last edited by eXode on 02 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Karim
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2016

tek29 wrote:Hi dear friends and complimentsts for the Forum!
I'm a professional Trance and Edm Producer and i want to gift for me for the Christmas my first Rack Extension Synth!
My question is:
Can you help me in the choice? I need you great opinion for buy the right synth for my music, i search a very good sound quality cause i've produced all of my discography in Reason since the version 2.5!!!

Nice Evening!!!

- Expanse above all. EDM, trance, Dubstep guarantee.
- Antidote
- Megasaur

Cheers
ambitran wrote:Also Predator as well!

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Noplan
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2016

As brillant and wide-opened sound i mean, again Antidote or Expanse?
Antidote. It has this warm crispy sound and is easy to use. In my opinion it is the best synthesizer in Reason for your genre.

Electric-Metal

02 Dec 2016

What? Nobody mentioned KHs One yet?
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

tek29

02 Dec 2016

I think would best to take both, but deal is closed for Expense...
As you gus already know, and i also think is the worry of all of us is: For how much time there will be new soundpack for Antidote?
And what an how will be the news for Expanse?

Now it's the turn of The Legnd, also friendly for me and good sound and routing....

p.s. ciao Kenny!!! I'm sure you was for Antidote eheheh!!!

EdGrip

02 Dec 2016

There's probably more commercial refills for Antidote than for any other synth in Reason besides Thor. Doesn't really matter how long people keep making them for, as there are already loads. I think you shouldn't let that be a consideration.

riemac

02 Dec 2016

My question is:

Nice Evening!!!

Would be very interested under which name you are producing trance.

EdGrip

02 Dec 2016

riemac wrote:
My question is:

Nice Evening!!!

Would be very interested under which name you are producing trance.
Borat?

Karim
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2016

Electric-Metal wrote:What? Nobody mentioned KHs One yet?
Yes. Khz one and Blamsoft zero too!

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

• Information