Reasonistas "Virtual Reason Rack"

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Reasonistas
RE Developer

01 Dec 2016

Hi all,

I've been able to add a new "Virtual Reason Rack" to Reasonistas with advanced search and filtering functions. Also, click on any device and it will expand to provide further details and a link to the Ph shop page for that device. We also included native Reason devices and discontinued devices for good measure. Enjoy!

https://goo.gl/E8LKyZ
Reasonistas Rack Extension Search.png
Reasonistas Rack Extension Search.png (524.8 KiB) Viewed 3713 times
Last edited by Reasonistas on 01 Dec 2016, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

jonheal

01 Dec 2016

Very cool. :)
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

fieldframe
RE Developer

01 Dec 2016

This has always been my favorite feature at Reasonistas. The filters and links are just what it needed!

One thing that never quite clicked with me though is the use of hover to see the back of the devices, as I always seem to accidentally do it. It would be cool if you used the tab key to flip instead. :)

Reasonistas
RE Developer

07 Dec 2016

fieldframe wrote:This has always been my favorite feature at Reasonistas. The filters and links are just what it needed!

One thing that never quite clicked with me though is the use of hover to see the back of the devices, as I always seem to accidentally do it. It would be cool if you used the tab key to flip instead. :)
Thanks fieldframe. I tested various methods for showing the back of each device and concluded that the hover was the most efficient and obvious for the end user, as no keyboard is involved. I guess it takes some getting used to but I can always change the behavior if many people share the same feedback.
ImageImage

Exowildebeest

07 Dec 2016

Great work :)

Catblack

07 Dec 2016

This is hot.

I really miss the old Dr Rex. It is like having your dog replaced with an 8 headed octo dog.

And oh, damn, you've got the backsides too. Maybe now I can check out Synapse's REs (like Antidote) and see the backsides without cables in the way. Oh, but I can't! *Shakes fist* Synapse, you done goofed!

Also, boo to all the developers who don't include screws on their front sides. What am I supposed to do, pretend I epoxied your units into my rack?
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

08 Dec 2016

Catblack wrote:This is hot.

I really miss the old Dr Rex. It is like having your dog replaced with an 8 headed octo dog.

And oh, damn, you've got the backsides too. Maybe now I can check out Synapse's REs (like Antidote) and see the backsides without cables in the way. Oh, but I can't! *Shakes fist* Synapse, you done goofed!

Also, boo to all the developers who don't include screws on their front sides. What am I supposed to do, pretend I epoxied your units into my rack?
You're a funny guy. :lol: Yeah some devs upload images with cables connected to the device....go figure.
ImageImage

Reasonistas
RE Developer

08 Dec 2016

Reasonistas "Virtual Reason Rack" makes it easy to find particular Rack Extensions. Here is an example of which Rack Extensions can do a "Tape Stop" effect.

ImageImage

Exowildebeest

08 Dec 2016

Catblack wrote:
That puzzles me too. It seems that Propellerheads already has some fairly arbitrary GUI rules in place, like "knobs have to be distance X away from the edge of the device". Why not add "it has to have screws" as a rule... the more I think of it, screws are the first thing I'd expect to see upon opening the RE devkit :lol:

Catblack

09 Dec 2016

I only joke about the screws because this WONDERFUL tool from Reasonistas lets you see them all lined up. It's been great for finding some REs I hadn't seen. I've added a few to my wishlist spreadsheet because of this tool!

Damn.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

09 Dec 2016

Catblack wrote:I only joke about the screws because this WONDERFUL tool from Reasonistas lets you see them all lined up. It's been great for finding some REs I hadn't seen. I've added a few to my wishlist spreadsheet because of this tool!
Thanks for the wonderful feedback. I'm glad this tool has helped you.
ImageImage

Peter

09 Dec 2016

This is really cool! Thanks for all the work you put into this community! I'm hoping to stop by soon and get myself a sweatshirt for Christmas! :)

Reasonistas
RE Developer

09 Dec 2016

Peter wrote:This is really cool! Thanks for all the work you put into this community! I'm hoping to stop by soon and get myself a sweatshirt for Christmas! :)
Thanks, Peter!
ImageImage

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

10 Dec 2016

Nice choice of images!
Our full RE catalogue: shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=AirRaid+Audio
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/airraid-audio
Twitter: twitter.com/AirRaidAudio
Official site: airraidaudio.com

Reasonistas
RE Developer

19 Dec 2016

AirRaidAudio wrote:Nice choice of images!
There are advantages to having a company name begin with "A" :puf_wink:
ImageImage

mayzon

22 Dec 2016

Great stuff. It's good to see them all racked up like that.

raccoonboy

22 Dec 2016

You could potentially have tags also like on modulargrid.net. Don't allow common things such as CV but you could have 'CV mod'. Maybe even have a max number (i.e. 6) tags per device.

selig
RE Developer

22 Dec 2016

Exowildebeest wrote:
Catblack wrote:
That puzzles me too. It seems that Propellerheads already has some fairly arbitrary GUI rules in place, like "knobs have to be distance X away from the edge of the device". Why not add "it has to have screws" as a rule... the more I think of it, screws are the first thing I'd expect to see upon opening the RE devkit :lol:
Even the Combinator doesn't have screws, fwiw…
;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Catblack

22 Dec 2016

selig wrote:
Exowildebeest wrote:
Catblack wrote:
;)
Yeah, but the front of the combinator is made of cardboard, it peels right off.

Damn.

selig
RE Developer

22 Dec 2016

Catblack wrote:
selig wrote:
Exowildebeest wrote:
Catblack wrote:
;)
Ha!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

challism

23 Dec 2016

Very cool! Thanks, Noel.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Reasonistas
RE Developer

31 Dec 2016

Catblack wrote:
selig wrote:
Exowildebeest wrote:
Catblack wrote:
;)
Yes, yes it does.

ImageImage

Reasonistas
RE Developer

31 Dec 2016

raccoonboy wrote:You could potentially have tags also like on modulargrid.net. Don't allow common things such as CV but you could have 'CV mod'. Maybe even have a max number (i.e. 6) tags per device.
There are tags in the background table that come directly from the Ph shop. These tags are referenced when doing a search (i.e. "tape stop").
ImageImage

4filegate

08 Jan 2017

signature-link to connect ?
reasonistas404.PNG
reasonistas404.PNG (39.31 KiB) Viewed 2809 times

Reasonistas
RE Developer

08 Jan 2017

4filegate wrote:signature-link to connect ?
reasonistas404.PNG
Strange, but I've changed the signature to show the URL so it works now. Thanks.
ImageImage

• Information