Ambient generator

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Jivethompson

21 Jan 2017

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a RE that generates abstract ambient sounds from (stand-alone) samples.

Is there one around? I can't find it..

Electric-Metal

21 Jan 2017

:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

normen

21 Jan 2017

Aww.. Reason is soooo good for creating your own combis to do this, kind of a missed chance not to do that but instead buy premade things.

Electric-Metal

21 Jan 2017

normen wrote:Reason is soooo good for creating your own combis to do this...
So true :thumbs_up:

challism

21 Jan 2017

There was an RE developer a few months who gave us a warning that his price was going to jump from $15 to over $100. The reason being is that it would soon be integrated into a new sample based ambient generator of sorts.. The price increase alone made me want to buy it before it went up, especially because I enjoy ambient music. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Electric-Metal

21 Jan 2017

The only price jump in that range, which I can remember is the SW4-C

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ontroller/

Jivethompson

21 Jan 2017

normen wrote:Aww.. Reason is soooo good for creating your own combis to do this, kind of a missed chance not to do that but instead buy premade things.
True :oops:

Guess it's both a time-thing and the fact that i don't know where to start when making abstract ambients..
I will check out some info on the web though

theshoemaker

21 Jan 2017

Jivethompson wrote:
normen wrote:Aww.. Reason is soooo good for creating your own combis to do this, kind of a missed chance not to do that but instead buy premade things.

Guess it's both a time-thing and the fact that i don't know where to start when making abstract ambients..
]

Try this one from me :)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7498528&p=303540#p303540

:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

snowcattt

21 Jan 2017

I'd also like to suggest you already have one awesome "ambient" idea/tool at your fingertips - the time stretch!
Invent the life you want to live.

challism

22 Jan 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:The only price jump in that range, which I can remember is the SW4-C

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ontroller/

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of.

challism

22 Jan 2017

What about Fritz? If you had some interesting textures playing and then threw some Fritz's REs into the mix, I'll bet you could come up with some great ambient movements. Bounce to track and then do some time stretching, Sounds fun! I'm going to go try this right now. :)

Jivethompson

22 Jan 2017

theshoemaker wrote:
Jivethompson wrote:

]

Try this one from me :)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7498528&p=303540#p303540

I will! Thnx!

theshoemaker

22 Jan 2017

defenitly not. you can buy a bunch of REs better than this far cheaper. i.e. PSQ-1684

Ottostrom

22 Jan 2017

theshoemaker wrote:
defenitly not. you can buy a bunch of REs better than this far cheaper. i.e. PSQ-1684
Far cheaper? The RE he has linked cost 15€ right now and PSQ cost 69€?

theshoemaker

22 Jan 2017

Ottostrom wrote:
theshoemaker wrote:
oh sorry, been looking at another RE. this one here is fine :D
Last edited by theshoemaker on 22 Jan 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Electric-Metal

22 Jan 2017

theshoemaker wrote:
Ottostrom wrote:
theshoemaker wrote:
oh sorry, been looking at another RE. this one here is fine :D
:lol:

Koncide

22 Jan 2017

snowcattt wrote:I'd also like to suggest you already have one awesome "ambient" idea/tool at your fingertips - the time stretch!
Reason's time stretch isn't the best imo.

If you guys haven't heard of it already, look into "Paulstretch". It's available on Audacity (a program I hate so I won't recommend), and theres also a good one I use which is this > http://www.paulnasca.com/open-source-projects.

It's a lot of fun loading up something like an Enya track and stretching it 50x. You can create some insanely lush textures from this.
Ambient garage vibes.

Ottostrom

22 Jan 2017

Koncide wrote: Reason's time stretch isn't the best imo.

If you guys haven't heard of it already, look into "Paulstretch". It's available on Audacity (a program I hate so I won't recommend), and theres also a good one I use which is this > http://www.paulnasca.com/open-source-projects.

It's a lot of fun loading up something like an Enya track and stretching it 50x. You can create some insanely lush textures from this.
Paulstretch is awesome! I don't understand how it preserves the quality of a 3 second clip stretched to 2h :)

Koncide

23 Jan 2017

Ottostrom wrote: Paulstretch is awesome! I don't understand how it preserves the quality of a 3 second clip stretched to 2h :)
The program I have lets you stretch a 3 second audio clip to be something like 10 billion years long. Not sure how much hard drive space or time to render you'd need to accommodate a wav file that big but it's cool to see the option :lol:
Ambient garage vibes.

Mysterygrimms

23 Jan 2017

Koncide wrote:
Ottostrom wrote: Paulstretch is awesome! I don't understand how it preserves the quality of a 3 second clip stretched to 2h :)
The program I have lets you stretch a 3 second audio clip to be something like 10 billion years long. Not sure how much hard drive space or time to render you'd need to accommodate a wav file that big but it's cool to see the option [emoji38]
What's the name of the program you use and is it free or a paid application?

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Ottostrom

23 Jan 2017

Mysterygrimms wrote:
Koncide wrote:
The program I have lets you stretch a 3 second audio clip to be something like 10 billion years long. Not sure how much hard drive space or time to render you'd need to accommodate a wav file that big but it's cool to see the option [emoji38]
What's the name of the program you use and is it free or a paid application?

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
The name is Paulstretch and its free!

chimp_spanner

24 Jan 2017

Another great app (although not free) is Photosounder. Turns images into sound, and vice versa. But where it gets really interesting is that you could take a sound, export it as an image, apply photoshop filters to it, turn it back into sound! My only gripe is that it appears to work in mono, although I think there is a way to get around it.

Koncide

25 Jan 2017

Mysterygrimms wrote: What's the name of the program you use and is it free or a paid application?
http://www.paulnasca.com/open-source-projects

It's available from that link.

It's free :thumbs_up:
chimp_spanner wrote:Another great app (although not free) is Photosounder. Turns images into sound, and vice versa. But where it gets really interesting is that you could take a sound, export it as an image, apply photoshop filters to it, turn it back into sound! My only gripe is that it appears to work in mono, although I think there is a way to get around it.
That sounds really interesting. Do they match the audio spectrum to the colour spectrum in some way? Sounds like my kind of thing and I shall have to look into it.
Ambient garage vibes.

• Information