U He regarding more Rack Extensions.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
AzureEyes

13 Feb 2017

I asked U He if they were done with the Re format and they replied that they were on the low priority and that they would want to eventually give it another shot. They mentioned that they have projects they've been working on and that Urs and the team just had a rough experience with it. So no they're not done with rack extensions, they seem to like the idea still. They just have it low on their list and someday they'll come back. I asked if it was this year and he said maybe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Galaxy

13 Feb 2017

If and when he does come back to the format the first thing he must do is fix the existing bugs with his reverb.

Karim
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2017

This is an half-half good new... I just dream Bazille on our rack! [emoji8][emoji8]

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

riemac

13 Feb 2017

Hive would be a fantastic Rack Extension for the new SDK. And it is not so CPU intensiv as all the other U-HE synths.

Karim
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2017

riemac wrote:Hive would be a fantastic Rack Extension for the new SDK. And it is not so CPU intensiv as all the other U-HE synths.
Hive surely is another good option. I own that too. It sounds amazing!

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

13 Feb 2017

AzureEyes wrote:I asked U He if they were done with the Re format and they replied that they were on the low priority and that they would want to eventually give it another shot. They mentioned that they have projects they've been working on and that Urs and the team just had a rough experience with it. So no they're not done with rack extensions, they seem to like the idea still. They just have it low on their list and someday they'll come back. I asked if it was this year and he said maybe!
That sounds like he's grown up a bit and is just trying to be more diplomatic than he has been about it in the past, just in case it puts people off buying their other products. One can be fairly certain at this point they will not be doing any more Rack Extensions.

riemac

13 Feb 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:I asked U He if they were done with the Re format and they replied that they were on the low priority and that they would want to eventually give it another shot. They mentioned that they have projects they've been working on and that Urs and the team just had a rough experience with it. So no they're not done with rack extensions, they seem to like the idea still. They just have it low on their list and someday they'll come back. I asked if it was this year and he said maybe!
That sounds like he's grown up a bit and is just trying to be more diplomatic than he has been about it in the past, just in case it puts people off buying their other products. One can be fairly certain at this point they will not be doing any more Rack Extensions.
Sad enough, I think your assumtion is right.

AzureEyes

13 Feb 2017

Maybe I should ask them for a Hive port then, I mean it wouldn't be that difficult. So they can test the waters. I guess they really want this next version of Zebra out since it's going to compete with Serum and I guess they are working on Diva 2 and a other projects, big and small!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EpiGenetik

13 Feb 2017

Galaxy wrote:If and when he does come back to the format the first thing he must do is fix the existing bugs with his reverb.
Go on then, indulge me, what bugs are there in the Reverb? If it's actual bugs then can you give me the steps to reproduce please? Otherwise, if you read this elsewhere then a link to that post will do.

Many thanks

riemac

13 Feb 2017

AzureEyes wrote:Maybe I should ask them for a Hive port then, I mean it wouldn't be that difficult. So they can test the waters. I guess they really want this next version of Zebra out since it's going to compete with Serum and I guess they are working on Diva 2 and a other projects, big and small!
Yes, please

miscend

13 Feb 2017

It's wouldn't be a major loss even if they didn't make REs anymore.

Galaxy

13 Feb 2017

Lowlifebware wrote:
Galaxy wrote:If and when he does come back to the format the first thing he must do is fix the existing bugs with his reverb.
Go on then, indulge me, what bugs are there in the Reverb? If it's actual bugs then can you give me the steps to reproduce please? Otherwise, if you read this elsewhere then a link to that post will do.

Many thanks
There's a bug when using the reverb in higher sample rates than 44.1. The plate algorithm changes back to default after a song is saved and reopend. It will still say it's the algo that was saved, but the sound is actually the default. I think there's also an issue with the EQ not behaving properly. :evil:

Such a good reverb, but not reliable in sample rates higher than 44.1.

tumar

14 Feb 2017

Galaxy wrote:
There's a bug when using the reverb in higher sample rates than 44.1. The plate algorithm changes back to default after a song is saved and reopend. It will still say it's the algo that was saved, but the sound is actually the default. I think there's also an issue with the EQ not behaving properly. :evil:

Such a good reverb, but not reliable in sample rates higher than 44.1.
How about puting reverb into combinator and saving as combinator patch?

EnochLight

14 Feb 2017

miscend wrote:It's wouldn't be a major loss even if they didn't make REs anymore.
Except for Propellerhead losing a respected launch partner, I suppose you're right. It's not like any of their plugins are award winning or have garnered industry-wide respect or anything... ;) :mrgreen:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Bonkhead

14 Feb 2017

miscend wrote:It's wouldn't be a major loss even if they didn't make REs anymore.
These kinds of remarks are a bit :thumbs_down:
Imo it would be a loss, first of all for not fixing the bugs and second for new re's to play with.
Even though it was a very rough start with lots of :evil: , the U-he stuff sounds fantastic :shock: :thumbs_up:
I think jigpok has a point, let's just hope it is not the case.

I often grab a U-he RE when I need to make something sound good fast, I have them all.
EnochLight wrote:
Except for Propellerhead losing a respected launch partner, I suppose you're right. It's not like any of their plugins are award winning or have garnered industry-wide respect or anything... ;) :mrgreen:
Yeah, just ask Hans Zimmer ;) :puf_bigsmile:

EnochLight

14 Feb 2017

Bonkhead wrote: Yeah, just ask Hans Zimmer ;) :puf_bigsmile:
Zimmer and Howard Scarr's patches for U'He's The Dark Zebra = sublime!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

miscend

14 Feb 2017

Bonkhead wrote:
These kinds of remarks are a bit :thumbs_down:
Imo it would be a loss, first of all for not fixing the bugs and second for new re's to play with.
Even though it was a very rough start with lots of :evil: , the U-he stuff sounds fantastic :shock: :thumbs_up:
I think jigpok has a point, let's just hope it is not the case.

I often grab a U-he RE when I need to make something sound good fast, I have them all.
EnochLight wrote:
I don't care. The guy has talked a lot of smack about the RE format and doesn't even bother updating bugs in his rack extensions. He has openly said his priorities are the VST projects whilst ignoring customers who paid money for his REs.

We already have devs like Synapse Audio, Blamsoft, Levtric Panda and Audiotealism who are very supportive of the Reason community. Who make better plugins as well.

Bonkhead

14 Feb 2017

miscend wrote:I don't care. The guy has talked a lot of smack about the RE format and doesn't even bother updating bugs in his rack extensions. He has openly said his priorities are the VST projects whilst ignoring customers who paid money for his REs.

We already have devs like Synapse Audio, Blamsoft, Levtric Panda and Audiotealism who are very supportive of the Reason community. Who make better plugins as well.
That's emotions talking, even after all this time. We all do dumb things, or rant at something which we later regret.
I understand this and hold no such grudge against U-he, even when I bought all U-he RE licenses of which some have bugs.
It is what grown-ups do. I think it is time for a second change and a clean reboot, brohug :puf_bigsmile:

marcuswitt

14 Feb 2017

Despite what Urs has said in the past and how he said it, I still think that his existing REs are stunning in terms of sound quality, usability and stability (yeah, well… let's put that known little bug aside for now). And if you read his conversation with Synapse Audio and his excitement about The Legend and the respect he gave to Synapse for achieving a Synth like The Legend then Urs must have realized that the RE format and the SDK are better than he thought they are. I'm sure that he has some new REs in the pipes to be released this year. And it's highly likely that it will be Saitin, because they have already started that project a while ago. I personally do not write U-he off yet. And I think Urs came back to his senses and will excite us with new stuff made for the RE universe.

Bonkhead

14 Feb 2017

I hope so !

Resonator

14 Feb 2017

U-Who?

EnochLight

14 Feb 2017

It's important to point out that Urs himself didn't develop U-He's Rack Extension ports. Those were done by an in-house guy who is no longer with the company. He left just as Urs was considering doing Satin RE (there's old screen shots floating around somewhere of the proposed RE that U-He was teasing). Since his in-house dev left, he hasn't brought anyone new in that he could dedicate to learning the RE SDK.

I seriously doubt that will change for 2017, IMHO - despite Urs' very diplomatic reply at the beginning of the OP's thread. He's gone on record countless times and admitted that RE sales didn't amount to a hill of beans, at the end of the day, and U-He revenue is based pretty much entirely in their VST/AU/AAX products.

I do agree that it would be nice for him to get the bugs fixed in his current line-up, but at the end of the day, he probably doesn't see any justification to the money that would need to be spent in order to do so.

C//AZM

14 Feb 2017

As usual, I missed the entire exchange. I don't come here as often as I would like to....Was this on the old PUF or where did this mega brouhaha develop? I have all but a couple Uhe REs and I like them for what they do. They're really good despite the bug.

ivar

15 Feb 2017

miscend wrote:
Bonkhead wrote:
better plugins than then u-he ?
have you ever worked with their synths? name me one RE that can beat DIVA or ZEBRA.

dvdrtldg

15 Feb 2017

ivar wrote: better plugins than then u-he ?
have you ever worked with their synths? name me one RE that can beat DIVA or ZEBRA.
Depends what you mean by "beat" doesn't it

If someone is making amazing music with Subtractor, and someone is making shitty music with Zebra, then Subtractor beats Zebra (and vice versa)

The rest is all just little boys having a pissing contest

• Information