Leasing REs?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

21 Mar 2017

Ottostrom wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote: How, exactly, do you know for a fact they're not doing leasing?
And no, there is no leasing in the shop right now. As far as I can tell, I can only buy Rack Extensions... Can you rent Rack Extensions?
I think what he meant to say was "How, exactly, do you know for a fact they're not working on implementing a leasing system?"
which is the only way for it to make sense. But I don't know, this whole thread got kind of weird so it's just a guess.
Yeah I'm really confused about what's going on here...

All I know is what I meant :puf_smile:
Which is pretty clear I would think in the world of Propellerhead that we all live. No future plans are discussed with us. Nothing is anything or official until it is announced or released. All we can do is speculate. And all we can know is what we have today. And today we do not have a rental system.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

21 Mar 2017

Ottostrom wrote: I think what he meant to say was "How, exactly, do you know for a fact they're not working on implementing a leasing system?"
which is the only way for it to make sense. But I don't know, this whole thread got kind of weird so it's just a guess.
Yes, indeed. Context is wonderful thing! ;) By now I should have learned to phrased it explicitly rather than rely solely on reader comprehension.

You're right in your implication there - it probably doesn't matter and I don't know why I bother getting involved other than to try and be helpful and a stop few people being mislead or stop the spread of misinformation, or trying to pass off opinion as facts. Opinions are fine, facts are fine, opinions posing as fact are not so fine.

ReasonTalk has rather turned into a giant warrant canary. One day we'll wake up and it might have been erased in a PUF of smoke!

joeyluck

21 Mar 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
Ottostrom wrote: I think what he meant to say was "How, exactly, do you know for a fact they're not working on implementing a leasing system?"
Yes, indeed. Context is wonderful thing! ;) By now I should have learned to phrased it explicitly rather than rely solely on reader comprehension.

You're right in your implication there - it probably doesn't matter and I don't know why I bother getting involved other than to try and be helpful and a stop few people being mislead or stop the spread of misinformation, or trying to pass off opinion as facts. Opinions are fine, facts are fine, opinions posing as fact are not so fine.
I think we both simply were misunderstanding each other. I don't think either of us are trying to imply it is for sure one way or the other.
And I apologize. I was mostly trying to defend myself from someone accusing me that I approve of Propellerhead's every move. As if me suggesting a rental system (when there is currently not one) is somehow approving of Propellerhead because they happened to ask about it in a survey.

Ottostrom

21 Mar 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote: ReasonTalk has rather turned into a giant warrant canary. One day we'll wake up and it might have been erased in a PUF of smoke!
I agree with you there but I don't blame the mods for it. It just seems like more and more crazy allegations are popping up in every thread about how they are paid by Props to mislead the users, or something of that extent. Btw that was some smooth wordplay :)

tiker01

21 Mar 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
Ottostrom wrote: ReasonTalk has rather turned into a giant warrant canary. One day we'll wake up and it might have been erased in a PUF of smoke!
:puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

tiker01

21 Mar 2017

BTW we are not payed by Propellerheads!!

Personally I would not see it as a problem if PH would somehow contribute to the expenses of running the site and forum BUT only if they accept that we are and always will be 100% independent!!!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.

selig
RE Developer

21 Mar 2017

Ottostrom wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote: ReasonTalk has rather turned into a giant warrant canary. One day we'll wake up and it might have been erased in a PUF of smoke!
I agree with you there but I don't blame the mods for it. It just seems like more and more crazy allegations are popping up in every thread about how they are paid by Props to mislead the users, or something of that extent. Btw that was some smooth wordplay :)
Really?

"A warrant canary is a method by which a communications service provider aims to inform its users that the provider has not been served with a secret government subpoena."

Just wanted to put to rest any suggestion ReasonTalk is a communications service provider, as well as any suggestion we would ever be served with a secret government subpoena.

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Gulale

21 Mar 2017

It is funny though, we started talking about renting plugin before we are allowed selling and transferring them. :lol:
Gulale aka Bereket

tiker01

21 Mar 2017

I like these kind of threads a bit better before I have became a mod. But it is still funny.

I am not sure I fully get the canary thing as English is not my first language JP could you elaborate what did you mean in this situation?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

kitekrazy

21 Mar 2017

VST support - no longer Reason but just another DAW that really doesn't offer much more to the competition.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

21 Mar 2017

tiker01 wrote:I like these kind of threads a bit better before I have became a mod. But it is still funny.

I am not sure I fully get the canary thing as English is not my first language JP could you elaborate what did you mean in this situation?

A warrant canary (inspired by canaries used as early warning systems for gas leaks in mines) is a legal defense tool used to indicate that no warrant/subpeona has been served. In such a scenario, a person may well be prevented from even confirming a warrant has been served by a government agency. To get around this, on sites where this might be important for users to be aware a site in under investigation, they use a warrant canary. The warrant canary merely states publicly "We are not under subpoena", after all, there is no law preventing anyone from saying they are not under investigation.

But if they do get a court order against them often they are prevented from even revealing such court action, for example like a super-injunction. In this scenario they can merely remove the statement saying they aren't under subpeona. Technically they're not in breach of the court order, as they've not made any verbal or written statement as to their legal status, and site users can draw their own conclusions. One of those conclusions might be the site is under a court order.

Obviously ReasonTalk isn't under a court order or directly affiliated with PH, but I rather liked the metaphor and the neat way I could relate it to the disappearance of the PUF, and the pun that created. I laughed, anyway ;) But then I always laugh at my own jokes. Carry on. Nothing to see here!!

DJDark2010

22 Mar 2017

Nice, seems that my idea earn fruit. I have had that idea sent to probs for some month ago. Would like to see that option on their site, but as optional point. Buying is still the best, but if you could lease a RE for some time it also would be a great thing, if its not too expensive :)

Give them a try. I like that.

• Information