gate 64g rackextension

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
demt

15 Apr 2017

any body got a manual /tutorial for basic use the advanced stuff on sum of the videos doesnt seem to work and there isnt a basic principles vid or manual
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Loque

15 Apr 2017

Always check out the prduct site: http://retouchcontrol.com/grid64g/
Reason12, Win10

WongoTheSane

15 Apr 2017

Have you tried the product manual that's on their site?

http://retouchcontrol.com/grid64g/

Scroll down, it's on the bottom left of the page.

demt

15 Apr 2017

Yeah I've tried that,what i wànt is à step by step example of putting. A track down especially when using Novation launchpad mk2
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Sinistereo

15 Apr 2017

From the example video, it looks like this rack extension is emulating the Ableton Push drum step sequencer. Check out any Ableton Push drum sequencer tutorial on YouTube to get a better idea of how this layout and logic works.

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQofWz9uiLo

Keep in mind that this advice is coming from someone who hasn't used this RE yet - I bought it, but I don't have any time to indulge my Reason hobby for a few weeks. I'm excited to dig into it because I own a Push 2 and have been looking for EXACTLY THIS kind of thing (thank you, Retouch!) for a while now.

Catblack

15 Apr 2017

You have to switch back into Scene when you want to actually add hits to a drum. You also will find toggling 'preview' to be very handy to know what drum you've wired a pad to. You can set Vel and CV for each step, but you may want to use another cv utility to get finer control over the CV output.

It's a workflow designed to keep you on your pad and not thinking about Reason too much. Having separate rate and length for each drum -- and vel and cv for each step is pretty daunting, but you'll get used to it. I haven't used copy and delete too much, but copy copies the whole scene, so you can come up with smething basic and copy it a bunch to different scenes and then make variations. You can automate and record scene select.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

demt

30 Apr 2017

solved
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information