Reveal Sound ReSpire in the shop x $59 !!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

05 May 2017

At least they are now in the RE world. More experienced in coding, established a product and build a platform for more. I would like to cable the sh!t out of the synth, but therefore it needs some routing ins and outs in a matrix. It would be so easy to mix some audio through it or modulate a osc with external signals, regardless if it s CV or audio (preferred). Using it in a Combinator, with tons of additional FX like Synchronious, arps, vocoders and even more will be fun ofc.

Hopefully we see more in R10 and another SDk update, like scaleable rack or additional modules for a RE, panels and so on...
Reason12, Win10

Tunecooks

05 May 2017

I'm on Reason 8.3 and can confirm that ReSpire works.

Tumble

05 May 2017

I still don't get the reasoning. Why port this over if they knew VST support was coming? I mean, this doesn't offer anything that the VST doesn't. In fact, you lose out on microtuning and optimization with this.

stp2015

05 May 2017

Bought it. This sounds just fantastic!!

Works on 8.3. The patch library included is huge, and it actually looks great in the rack, too.

And the price!

I am blown away. Hopefully CV will be added, but this is really an amazing RE, even in its current form.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 May 2017

I know this thing is hyped and maybe the VST version is super awesome, but after trying it out for the first time for about 20 minutes I'm sorry to say I'm not impressed at all, not at this point at least.
Mostly because there's so many things that aren't automatable. And when I actually put an automation lane in the sequencer for something that actually can be automated, like the filter frequency, the DSP jumps through the roof making my computer crackling away with only one instance. I've never experienced anything like this before, not even close and I own most of the bigger Reason synths like Expanse, Zero, Antidote. Something must have gone horribly wrong in the making of this. It feels like they rushed to just get their product out there as soon as possible without even trying it out first.

Scrolling through the presets. they're alright, but nothing special really. And when you can't even automate anything fun like ctrlA or ctrlB what's the
point? There's like 10 things you can actually automate and they don't work once you do it in the sequencer. What a joke.

I'm so glad I tried it before buying it. I almost went for it because of the hype and the price. I hate to say it but wow what a disappointment.
They really need to go back and finish their product.

Ashpool

05 May 2017

ReSpire CV.png
ReSpire CV.png (5.36 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
Edit: I think Reveal Sound is pretty aware that ReSpire is not ready yet. That's why they sell it that cheap. I mean many people would pay much more for this (regardless if 189 are justified or not). I bet it was just a commercial decision to release it just before the May Madness next week (and the 9.5 upgrade right after).
Last edited by Ashpool on 05 May 2017, edited 2 times in total.

EdGrip

05 May 2017

Hmm. I think I'll stick to plan A.

Staarchylld

05 May 2017

Anybody else finding that the tuning of spire is off from other all the other synths?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karim
Competition Winner

05 May 2017

borracho wrote:Is it just me or do you feel that it is just early beta? Menus for modulation, waveforms, unison, filters are terrible. Matrix implementation is not visual at all... No CV inputs except CV and Gate!!! Come on - even VST has 8 inputs! It feels totally unusable for me (except probably playing presets - which are quite nice).
$59 feels pretty fair price for what they just released - it is nowhere close to Spire VST. I'm wondering when they release full RE-features support will they charge additional fee for upgrade?
I discover a patch that does not even loadable (the big pad 01 I think it's called) :cry:
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

bik44

05 May 2017

They write on Facebook that are still working on cv and optimalizations and upgrades will be free. I think the price will be growing while they add features.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Karim
Competition Winner

05 May 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:I know this thing is hyped and maybe the VST version is super awesome, but after trying it out for the first time for about 20 minutes I'm sorry to say I'm not impressed at all, not at this point at least.
Mostly because there's so many things that aren't automatable. And when I actually put an automation lane in the sequencer for something that actually can be automated, like the filter frequency, the DSP jumps through the roof making my computer crackling away with only one instance. I've never experienced anything like this before, not even close and I own most of the bigger Reason synths like Expanse, Zero, Antidote. Something must have gone horribly wrong in the making of this. It feels like they rushed to just get their product out there as soon as possible without even trying it out first.

Scrolling through the presets. they're alright, but nothing special really. And when you can't even automate anything fun like ctrlA or ctrlB what's the
point? There's like 10 things you can actually automate and they don't work once you do it in the sequencer. What a joke.

I'm so glad I tried it before buying it. I almost went for it because of the hype and the price. I hate to say it but wow what a disappointment.
Simply the were very pressed A LOT!.
And given the PH's recent announcement they had to accelerate the times.
In my opinion, we will see some bug fixes really soon. And you should hear the rest of the patches.
They are absolutely fantastic and I think your opinion is a bit small in terms of the world's best-selling synth.

They worked almost 1-2 years to see the light at the end of the tunnel..
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec

stp2015

05 May 2017

Ok, I have the same problems with automation causing CPU spikes. Very weird. Nevertheless, they will hopefully fix it over time, and I am happy to give them this small amount of money to support that development. The fact that they are committing to making the update free is great.

Either way: I love the sound. Love it :)

Surfeast

05 May 2017

Sounds Yuge yes it looks like it will have lot's of updates coming forth as some things out of kilter and patches a tad hot on a few

Overall this thing sounds really really big with out a combi or effect patch in sight. Nice when a developer goes for it on their own w/o relying on combi's out of the gate.
Last edited by Surfeast on 05 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Inspired by hearing Kraftwerk in 1976

sdst
Competition Winner

05 May 2017

I miss my homie CV in this synth, but the sound and price are very good. :)

jfrichards

05 May 2017

Very interesting, for me it is a great bass synth. The tonalities seem to be gritty and when used above middle C, sound cheesy, like a video game. it really works in the bass register though. This is just a first impression, gotta go deep and explore.
Last edited by jfrichards on 05 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Surfeast

05 May 2017

jfrichards wrote:Very interesting, for me it is a great bass synth. The tonalities seem to be gritty and when used above middle, sound cheesy, like a video game. it really works in the bass register though. This is just a first impression, gotta go deep and explore.
This thing had great bass I agree
Inspired by hearing Kraftwerk in 1976

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 May 2017

Karim wrote:
TritoneAddiction wrote:I know this thing is hyped and maybe the VST version is super awesome, but after trying it out for the first time for about 20 minutes I'm sorry to say I'm not impressed at all, not at this point at least.

In my opinion, we will see some bug fixes really soon. And you should hear the rest of the patches.
They are absolutely fantastic and I think your opinion is a bit small in terms of the world's best-selling synth.

I'm sure I'll change my opinion when they've finished their product. I have no problem with some smaller bugs early on, but this is different. It doesn't even feel presentable imo and to sell it to people at that point just seems wrong to me. Sorry. I'd prefer if they would have waited longer before releasing it.

stp2015

05 May 2017

A workaround for the Automation/CPU issue: Put Spire (Preview Edition!) in a combinator and then use the combi rotaries for the automation. Not a great solution, but enough to have some fun until they push out the update.

scratchnsnifff

05 May 2017

stp2015 wrote:A workaround for the Automation/CPU issue: Put Spire (Preview Edition!) in a combinator and then use the combi rotaries for the automation. Not a great solution, but enough to have some fun until they push out the update.

I do that anyways :thumbs_up: what kinds of sounds is spire well known for?? Trance leads and supersaws or some crazy house and dub basses
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Karim
Competition Winner

05 May 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
Karim wrote:

I'm sure I'll change my opinion when they've finished their product. I have no problem with some smaller bugs early on, but this is different. It doesn't even feel presentable imo and to sell it to people at that point just seems wrong to me. Sorry. I'd prefer if they would have waited longer before releasing it.
Ah ok . Thats's the plane then I understand you. I only feared you doubt the quality of the synth itself. :puf_smile: It's Okay.
Anyway I compare your choice as mine meanwhile I'm waiting for the definitive Reason 9-5 version.
And if I had the beta I probably would not even like to see it.
SO you're right! :mrgreen:
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec

EdGrip

05 May 2017

The worry is that now that VST is in Reason and VST Spire is a mature device, people will just buy the VST rather than a buggy feature-light v0.5 RE with a handful of promises.
And, if uptake of this rickety RE is (understandably) comparatively small, Reveal Sound might just lose interest in the whole RE project. €59 is a lot of money to cheer a dev on - even though I feel sorry for RS and sad that their involvement in Reason has turned complicated. I dunno. €59 is a bargain if it gets us a mature VST-equal Spire soonish.

I'm going to cautiously treat it as if €59 is what this synth costs and it's as good as it's going to get. And I think I'd rather keep the money for something else.

eusti

05 May 2017

I wonder if it's going to be patch compatible at some point or if there's at least going to be a converter for stuff like this: http://www.reveal-sound.com/store/free

D.

zeebot

05 May 2017

Karim wrote:
Countdown to the quote " I T ' S A B A R G A I N !!!" in 3...2...1... :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:
Haha nice :D
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Oquasec

05 May 2017

Nice, but not gonna get it till I learn my other 5 recent rack extension purchases inside and out :P

I'm questioning the huge discount basically.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information