ReSpire RE back in the shop - Still on sale!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
darkmaer

21 May 2017

So far I love the sound and since I don't have a synth like sylenth, this will fill that hole.

I don't think it's too horrible as far as CPU consumption. It's on par with diva in divine quality. A lot of patches aren't that bad, and some can bring the CPU to its knees.

Along with the few bugs, missing automation and cv. I desperately hope they work on the FX area. It looks like a tedious area to program in. Not a fan of all the menus you slide instead of just having a pop up window. I'd even prefer to have the RE a little longer to make sure the stepper and arp are all in one menu instead of having 2 pages.

Also I find it weird that the initialized patch has all the fx on. It would be nice if that was off so when you start your programming you can add them if you feel like you need them, cause it's annoying turning them off every time.

Besides the negative thoughts I really do love it and can't wait till it gets ironed out and get the patch converter so I can start buying preset packs.

PadShifta

21 May 2017

Does anybody know if there is a patch converter already out and where to get it??
In the song-challenge, they´re talking about sound banks, so maybe there´s already one out there...?

Cheers, Andy

Re8et
Competition Winner

21 May 2017

If your CPU can manage this, then you can get some nice WT if you like me, are demoing this "Preview Version" whatever the heck it means...

Knob 1 of the combinator is linked to all 4 OSC WTmix of all the RESpire in the combi.
Aftermath each knob has the level of all Mixers.

Have some fun with it. :cool:
RESPIRE CPU KILLER.7z
(33.54 KiB) Downloaded 145 times

Re8et
Competition Winner

21 May 2017

Dante wrote:Well Im having problems getting the mod wheel to do anything - how to get that happening ?
Matrix section, press click on fx shaper, and move up/down

Puckboy2000

21 May 2017

What a great synth. A lot of great patches. I have 5 instances open on my MacBook Pro with effect combi's and no problem with my CPU.
I will buy this for sure as I am already creating songs with it.
However, has anyone else had issues with the appegiator?
I change the value on a step but the note doesn't change at all.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

Re8et
Competition Winner

21 May 2017

bsp wrote:
phuzzed wrote:I....

All in all, even if it's still labeled as a "preview", it seems to be working fine and is definitely worth its money (59e) as it is right now, IMHO.
Bugs with the combinator, when assigning the same knob to Osc1 ctrl A and B, only one is affected.
In the Matrix you can assign only one Ctrl to Macro mod. When one is selected, the B is greyed out.

Cool stuff: The arp different modes are amazing

Arp out cv would be Top notch, as well as more internal routing for it.

Really bad stuff
  • How about the Enable on off for each effect? No way to do that in the combinator....
    Enable on off for each OSC from combinator Matrix also very important.

Explain us how the soundbank save load etc will be managed in the "Final version" will we see refills of soundbanks for the RE version?
    How about starting with the free refill of converted banks that are already free (There are 13 free soundbanks in Reveal shop for the VST version....)
    Those can be either in the PH shop or the main site.

Also, why no mention of RE version on the main REveal site? Should we believe they are not proud of Reason version?

http://www.reveal-sound.com/store/free

MOST important bad stuff

Where is the wave transformation in the matrix????? No traces of that either....

I emailed the Reveal support team to join this thread as it looks they are not here.
Last edited by Re8et on 21 May 2017, edited 16 times in total.

Re8et
Competition Winner

21 May 2017

darkmaer wrote:So far I love the sound and since I don't have a synth like sylenth, this will fill that hole.

Besides the negative thoughts I really do love it and can't wait till it gets ironed out and get the patch converter so I can start buying preset packs.
Take them off and resave the init patch to your patch folder temporarily, it's a minor issue the init patch.

scratchnsnifff

21 May 2017

I asked them and they responded and said they are working on a patch converter, hence why the reason talk contests 1st-3rd prize is spire or soundbanks gives the indication that it should be done soon :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

reveal_sound
RE Developer

21 May 2017

Dear Rebet,

we are working on next update which will include more paramaters available in Combinator, including FX Modules muting. Free patch/bank converter is also will be available soon.

Re8et
Competition Winner

21 May 2017

reveal_sound wrote:Dear Rebet,

we are working on next update which will include more paramaters available in Combinator, including FX Modules muting. Free patch/bank converter is also will be available soon.
Cool!

Have a try at this in the meantime :) :lightbulb: :lightbulb: :refill: :record: :reason: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :essentials: :PUF_figure: :adapted:
RESPIRE CPU KILLER v2.7z
(40.63 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

exxx

21 May 2017

reveal_sound wrote:Dear Rebet,

I would like to support all the list methods like mode and voice.

The wheel system is hard to find and easy to miss.

Thank you for giving me the rack instrument for reason.

bsp

21 May 2017

here's a fun little ReSpire experiment I just recorded:

it's a tool-assisted morph between 32 different parameter sets, each containing ~20 parameters. In addition to that, there's manual filter 1+2 cutoff, resonance, and filter 2 env decay modulation. (before anyone asks: the synth itself cannot morph but it supports "remote overrides" for nearly all parameters)

..and +1 for more modulatable parameters (e.g. osc waveforms, filter types)

chk071

21 May 2017

Nice. :) And also shows Spire's strengths in the bass department, and the plucky envelopes very well.
:reason: :rebirth:

deepndark

21 May 2017

ReSpire sounds something like inbetween Thor and Antidote. But, yeah, as I have Thor and Antidote covering these kind of sounds, I'll skip.

Oquasec

21 May 2017

Waiting till that one gets all the major launch problems out the way first, the 1-3 month rule.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

alex

21 May 2017

deepndark wrote:ReSpire sounds something like inbetween Thor and Antidote. But, yeah, as I have Thor and Antidote covering these kind of sounds, I'll skip.
Uhm, I respectfully disagree! :)
Personally I would say that ReSpire sounds like you have the power of an high quality version of Thor nested inside a tailored and extended version of Antidote that comes with 4 oscillators banks and a mini Synchronous device directly attached to it (check the steppers) with an arpeggiator on top. All in one place!
And that would be still a lacking definition! :)
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

Oquasec

21 May 2017

In english he means "I like doing less work in thor to get the same result"
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

EnochLight

21 May 2017

I love Thor, but it sounds nothing like Spire IMHO. If Thor could do what Spire does and sound just as good, no one would want Spire in Reason.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

KIKBAK1

21 May 2017

Jmax wrote:If you buy this RE version you can get $65 off the VST version. Just e-mail Reveal.

I don't see why they didn't do a RE/VST combo introductory deal. Maybe something like 100 bucks total for both. I mean, why not.
KIKBAK1.com

deepndark

21 May 2017

Sorry, but ReSpire doesn't inspire me much enough. This synth is one of these that are not floating my boat soundwise.
The sounds truly sound unmusical to me.

EnochLight

21 May 2017

No shame in that. Sometimes the instruments that some find inspiring have absolutely no effect on others. I remember when Serum came out, there were threads over at KVR that lambasted it. Some just didn't like the sound.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 May 2017

deepndark wrote:Sorry, but ReSpire doesn't inspire me much enough. This synth is one of these that are not floating my boat soundwise.
I actually do find ReSpire inspiring however got a feeling I may start of with ReSpire but switch in another instrument when building the tracks up as I find some sounds are that fat they fill too much space and will start to mud up the song... So for me I see this as a great solo device...

alex

21 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:I love Thor, but it sounds nothing like Spire IMHO. If Thor could do what Spire does and sound just as good, no one would want Spire in Reason.
Exactly!
As much as I love Thor too, in my opinion what some people don't get is that with Thor you simply cannot reach the same level of quality that ReSpire has.
Except the Thor's free/flexible semi-modular architecture (*), ReSpire wins on every other aspects, no matter how hard you try with multiple instances, CV connections and Combinators...

(*) Oh, and speaking of semi-modular architecture, to be fair, I was pleasantly surprised when I realized that ReSpire actually has some flexible routing options too: for the Oscillators! For instance you can have each Oscillator acting as modulation source for:
- another oscillator (cross oscillator modulation)
- filters (filter FM)
- panning
- amplitude
and so on...
In practice, each available destination target in the mod matrix can be modulated by any of the 4 Oscillators, even the filter resonance!
And all of that can be done while changing the source modulation oscillator's parameters like WT Mix, CtrlA, CtrlB ... How cool is that? :)
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

deepndark

21 May 2017

After trying Tone2 Nemesis, I know which one wowes me more. ;-)

chk071

21 May 2017

deepndark wrote:Sorry, but ReSpire doesn't inspire me much enough. This synth is one of these that are not floating my boat soundwise.
Interesting how differently people perceive things. :) For me, many other soft synths are totally unmusical, and Spire is one of the few, which are very musical for me. Waldorf Largo is another one of those. They just have something other synths simply lack. Some aliveness, rawness, and punch. Hardly a bad sound i get out of those.
deepndark wrote:After trying Tone2 Nemesis, I know which one wowes me more. ;-)
Each to his like, but, IMO, Spire completely smokes any of the Tone2 synths. Not only do those totally crap out with fast modulations (i simply figure it's testament to the dev trying to keep CPU consumption down, by sacrificing modulation accuracy), but, also, the filters sound pretty weak, when you crank up the resonance. The character of the filters actually isn't half bad, but, there's something about the resonant behavior which is really weird. Sounds a bit artificial, and weak too. Also, all of their synths really lack in terms of operation. They got it at least half right with Icarus now, but, i used to own Electra2, and it was a big pain in the a** to program. Things which are easy in other synths simply lead to tedious work.
:reason: :rebirth:

• Information