a-list bass guitar?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
djsmex

22 Sep 2017

PH have created a range of A-List REs for drums and guitars including acoustic, pop/power chords and fingerpicking nylon but no bass guitar, is there a reason for this?
:rebirth: :recycle: :reason: :re: :refill: :refillpacker:
youtube @johnsexton8082
www.reasonremoter.co.uk

marcuswitt

22 Sep 2017

djsmex wrote:
22 Sep 2017
PH have created a range of A-List REs for drums and guitars including acoustic, pop/power chords and fingerpicking nylon but no bass guitar, is there a reason for this?
I can't speak for Propellerhead why they haven't done it yet, all I can do is just guessing. So, I'd say there are two main reasons for that:

In my opinion there's far more effort needed to mimic a guitar and its most-often-used playing techniques credibly than to emulate a bass guitar. I'm not a bass guitar player myself but I haven't seen any bass guitar player strumming the strings of his instrument. And emulating strumming credibly in a MIDI/ DAW/VI environment is not that easy, except you're using things like the A-List series.

The 2nd Reason might be that Propellerhead offers the Electric Bass Guitar Refill since a decade or so, which I find really awesome. And on the other hand I assume that the majority of Reason users plays either bass guitar themselves or goes for synth basses. But that's just an assumption.

But maybe there will be something like A-List Bass Guitars…who knows.

QVprod

22 Sep 2017

Just to add. The A-List REs are emulations of instruments that are harder to record or imitate. Both drums and acoustic guitar require micing. Not many people can key drum convincingly enough to replace a drummer (and you still need the right set of samples to sound real) and to emulate the way a (acoustic or electric) guitar works on a keyboard is extremely difficult without special scripting.

Bass guitars are relatively easy to emulate on a keyboard and be convincing for most applications.

djsmex

23 Sep 2017

Thanks for your thoughts, not being a bass player myself, was just a little curious ;)
:rebirth: :recycle: :reason: :re: :refill: :refillpacker:
youtube @johnsexton8082
www.reasonremoter.co.uk

challism

24 Sep 2017

Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see an A-list Bass Player in the future. It'll surely make them some money.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

dvdrtldg

25 Sep 2017

If you're looking for bass guitar in Reason, then the Reason Electric Bass refill is excellent

• Information