With Synchronous in Reason 10, any expectations of new Synthetic Rig bundle?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Bobby

30 Sep 2017

Curious - new to the RE game...

When Propellerhead decides to include something from the bundle with Reason, do they usually upgrade the bundle?

Should I wait 3 weeks or start extension'ing up now? (I guess I have 30 days of demos to wait and find out)

Thanks for any advice, predictions, etc.

MikeMcKew

02 Oct 2017

Bobby wrote:
30 Sep 2017

When Propellerhead decides to include something from the bundle with Reason, do they usually upgrade the bundle?

Should I wait 3 weeks or start extension'ing up now? (I guess I have 30 days of demos to wait and find out)

Good question. I'm not aware of any patterns when it comes to the rig updates, so maybe someone else has a better idea on that. It is interesting to note that Radical Piano (also included in Reason 10) is in the Backline Rig 2.

While Propellerhead are usually pretty tight-lipped about updates and such, including those two in Reason 10 may be a telegraph that they plan on updating them soon. Just for reference, the Rigs were updated in February 2016. Not sure when they were first released, but it seems like the near future would be a reasonable time to update them.

Nice catch!

edit: Also, the Rigs go on sale fairly regularly, usually for half price. So I'd recommend waiting for one of those sales if you can.

electrochoc (PRX-A)

03 Oct 2017

Bobby wrote:
30 Sep 2017

There is no "usual" pattern here, since it's the first time one component of a Rig is going to be included in Reason as a "stock" device. The only upgrade Propellerhead made on Rigs was adding content to them (and raising the price accordingly).
MikeMcKew wrote:
02 Oct 2017

edit: Also, the Rigs go on sale fairly regularly, usually for half price. So I'd recommend waiting for one of those sales if you can.
I agree! Rigs often go at half price, and Black Friday is not too far away!
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

• Information