Why do RE developers never email us?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Jagwah

07 Oct 2017

Whenever I have bought a RE over the years, usually at the end of the buying process is an option to register my email address with the developer. I never hear from any of them. Isn't this a good way to target clients with high sales potential?

The reason I bring this up is there was an update to Frame CV RE very recently and if I did not catch it on Rack Extensionists (Facebook) I could have very likely missed it. Who knows what else I have missed.

Why aren't developers using this valuable resource? Do they get a list of email addresses from people who bought their products as the registering implies?

:crazy:

Ahornberg

07 Oct 2017

I have overseen that for years so I never registered my email address to any RE developer. But next time I'll take a closer look ;)

madmacman

07 Oct 2017

The question is: did it ever work? Did developers receive the emails in the past? Or is it an unfinished/untested/loose ends part of the shop system?

dana

07 Oct 2017

Yes it works, i've received emails from rob papen.

demt

07 Oct 2017

full spambox syndrome?
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Speo
RE Developer

07 Oct 2017

I made FrameCV, that update came out a while ago!

As a new, hobby dev I wasn't aware of the implications, but obviously I need to look into this. Should have thought about this earlier tbh, thanks for pointing it out haha.

Anders_kiloHearts
RE Developer

08 Oct 2017

As a developer, this is the first time I hear of this. :o

Jagwah

08 Oct 2017

Anders_kiloHearts wrote:
08 Oct 2017
This is interesting.

Someone above said they received mail from Rop Papen, I did too, maybe the privilege was only afforded to a few developers.

It's a real shame, someone mentioned 'spam' above, I think mail from RE devs informing me of their news would be anything but. Also a great way for devs to reach out to customers.

Anders_kiloHearts
RE Developer

08 Oct 2017

Jagwah wrote:
08 Oct 2017
Anders_kiloHearts wrote:
08 Oct 2017
This is interesting.

Someone above said they received mail from Rop Papen, I did too, maybe the privilege was only afforded to a few developers.
Could very well be us not paying attention to something as well, it's happened before...

Jmax

08 Oct 2017

I also wondered the same. I had always checked the box when buying a RE about getting future updates from the devs. And thought my email somehow went into their database. I guess it doesn't work like that and they rarely check or see.

That being said Rob Papen and Kuassa is the only Dev I've ever had emails from. I think because I actually bought from their private sites (as well as RE)

• Information