Selig "Surprise"

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
selig
RE Developer

24 Jan 2018

Since the cat is out of the bag, it looks like it's time to regroup and cancel the planned party announcing the release of the ColoringEQ! I'll be more careful next time…

For now, I'll leave you with this from Nirude:
3D w_text_09_md.png
3D w_text_09_md.png (701.83 KiB) Viewed 5516 times
Selig Audio, LLC

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2018

selig wrote:
24 Jan 2018
For now, I'll leave you with this:

selig
RE Developer

24 Jan 2018

modecca wrote:
23 Jan 2018
Exowildebeest wrote:
23 Jan 2018
Now that's an EQ that's more than just its curves :)

Exciting!

I have one criticism though: the name. American spelling... and it's a bit... generic?
Not too late to change the name to: RE-q, ColoRE or cREyon!
You mean the American spelling of Selig (rather than zelig?)…

The product was originally named "crayon", but Electro-Harmonix beat me to it.
https://www.ehx.com/products/crayon
Probably for the best. As most know, I've already had to change one product name - and so, generic/descriptive names with my company name are boring but keep my life a little more "simple"…
Selig Audio, LLC

moneykube

24 Jan 2018

nice gui
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Psuper

24 Jan 2018

I've been using Nova, think I might have found my new device!
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

Voyager

24 Jan 2018

Nice looking, just the faders doesn't appeal me that much..

madmacman

24 Jan 2018

moneykube wrote:
24 Jan 2018
nice gui
and nice guy (Selig)! :puf_bigsmile:

selig
RE Developer

24 Jan 2018

Voyager wrote:Nice looking, just the faders doesn't appeal me that much..
I’m guessing you’re not an ARP or ElectroHarmonix fan then? ;)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Voyager

24 Jan 2018

Voyager wrote:
24 Jan 2018

I would have like to see something like this, also the fonts description under each faders and knobs needs more contrast, it's too fade.

selig
RE Developer

24 Jan 2018

Voyager wrote:
Voyager wrote:
24 Jan 2018

I would have like to see something like this, also the fonts description under each faders need more contrast, it's too fade.

looks nice - Props should totally let us have “user selectable” fader caps!

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Voyager

24 Jan 2018

selig wrote:
24 Jan 2018

looks nice - Props should totally let us have “user selectable” fader caps!

Definitively ! :puf_bigsmile: A precise EQ need a precise fader ! :D

About contrast i was refering to those fonts, too dull.

Gorgon

24 Jan 2018

Can you say "instabuy"? This will be the EQ to end all EQ's. And then some. Great stuff.

Oh! Please tell me it will work on 9.5!
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

lowpryo

24 Jan 2018

man, it's gotta take guts to release an RE. you introduce a feature not found in any other devices, and people quibble about the name and the fader caps!

selig
RE Developer

24 Jan 2018

lowpryo wrote:
24 Jan 2018
man, it's gotta take guts to release an RE. you introduce a feature not found in any other devices, and people quibble about the name and the fader caps!
A priceless Bob Olhsson quote from years ago: even Michael Jackson (one of the most well known artists in the world) has more far more folks who DON'T like his music than do like his music. There are a LOT of people in this world…

So if that's as good as it gets, even for the top artists of all time, then the rest of us certainly have to get used to having more folks NOT 'get' what we do than 'get'.

It's a humbling thought now matter how you look at it!
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

kooshan

24 Jan 2018

selig wrote:
24 Jan 2018
Since the cat is out of the bag, it looks like it's time to regroup and cancel the planned party announcing the release of the ColoringEQ! I'll be more careful next time…

For now, I'll leave you with this from Nirude:
3D w_text_09_md.png
Great rack for sure
A suggestion:

If you could include some sort of dynamic eq in your rack then it would be amazing because as you know the dynamic eq combinator availble in reason is not the best , it would be huge addition .

Dante

24 Jan 2018

Looks great but gotta agree with the contrast on fader description comments.

Voyager

24 Jan 2018

lowpryo wrote:
24 Jan 2018

Relax, just shared some thoughs. When you spend endless hours on some devices, no matter how good and unique they can be an appealing and pleasant looking is somehow important and invinting for process like creation and overall inspiration.

Now i didn't say the gui was bad, as i previously said i like it and since we are in a community place were thoughs are meant to be shared, i do so and because i care of this device. Now as positive or negative criticism, depend how any individual person see through it.

To continue, i perhaps would have like to see a larger eq display, i feel this may be slightly too narrow for comfortable use especially on smaller monitors.

rcbuse
RE Developer

24 Jan 2018

Can't wait to give it a try.

dvdrtldg

24 Jan 2018

What a beast, really looking forward to trying this one

"Trying" lol who am I kidding

TheGodOfRainbows

24 Jan 2018

I like the dark GUI, and I love all the use of COLOR, but ofc I do. That gui in fact reminds me of the color scheme of the Jiggery Pokery Harmonic Synth, and the fx pedal-like array at the bottom! I like. I'm intriuged by the idea of a note tracking eq. Does this mean I could cut only the fundamental of any note played, for example? Looking forward to this device. Has approximate pricing been mentioned? I didn't see it.

aeox
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2018

lowpryo wrote:
24 Jan 2018
Eh, no one really cares about the name. We're just having some fun here.

I'd tend to agree that people seem to care more about the design of GUI over the actual capabilities of a device. Not I.

madmacman

25 Jan 2018

kooshan wrote:
24 Jan 2018
Great rack for sure
A suggestion:

If you could include some sort of dynamic eq in your rack then it would be amazing because as you know the dynamic eq combinator availble in reason is not the best , it would be huge addition .
I know we are talking RE's here, but: there is a great dynamic EQ out there as VST called "TDR Nova" - for free!

seqoi

25 Jan 2018

It's not about device design choices it is about usability and other people eye sight. I too have problem reading these "not so easy to see" labels. Slot numbers 2 and 3 are specially hard to read for me. Making them more whiteish, is not exactly a 3 hour job right? But if people want to make fun analogies then so be it. I'll pass - my eyes are more worth it to me.

Gorgon

25 Jan 2018

Gorgon wrote:
24 Jan 2018

Oh! Please tell me it will work on 9.5!
Selig?
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

eusti

25 Jan 2018

seqoi wrote:
25 Jan 2018
It's not about device design choices it is about usability and other people eye sight. I too have problem reading these "not so easy to see" labels. Slot numbers 2 and 3 are specially hard to read for me. Making them more whiteish, is not exactly a 3 hour job right? But if people want to make fun analogies then so be it. I'll pass - my eyes are more worth it to me.
I agree about the text being a bit hard to read in some spots... But that's most likely not going to deter me! ;)

D.

• Information