vapourware ゛わル

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
nickb523
RE Developer

27 Apr 2018

esselfortium wrote:
27 Apr 2018
I'm fairly certain that this is IDT. Among other things, like the lack of CV, the "supersaw oscillator" and the effects listed are built-in IDT features. The "Lo-Fi" effect in particular seems to be a common giveaway that something is IDT. (Though admittedly that naming is also used on Synchronous, but I've otherwise mostly seen it listed on lots of IDT "synths".
ID what now?
Last edited by nickb523 on 28 Apr 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Softphonics

27 Apr 2018

esselfortium wrote:
27 Apr 2018

Actually, all of the Softphonics devices appear to be IDTs, as best as I can tell. If I'm correct about that, their effects devices are just rebrandings of some of the built-in IDT effects that Propellerhead provides.
If it was that simple.. Just re-branding effects! ! lol
Attachments
Col back snip.png
Col back snip.png (499.43 KiB) Viewed 3476 times
Last edited by Softphonics on 27 Apr 2018, edited 2 times in total.
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

Oquasec

27 Apr 2018

Took me a minute to realize that softphonics is literally right there in front of us talking about the module.
Last edited by Oquasec on 27 Apr 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Softphonics

27 Apr 2018

Oquasec wrote:
27 Apr 2018
Took me a minute to realize that softphonics is literally right there in front of us talking about the module.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbs_up:
------

Jmax

27 Apr 2018

I'll probably buy it just for the Preset bank.. I know these will be very rich and high quality. Looking forward to this one. Lots of great stuff coming out. Between this, Papen's Go2, JP's Shimmer verb. Kid in a candy store.

Catblack

27 Apr 2018

Colossus ! Looks pretty interesting!

If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

EnochLight

28 Apr 2018

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:
27 Apr 2018
Propellerhead don't provide anything for IDT
The whole point of IDT is to make releasing sample libraries and "Kontakt-like" instruments possible. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

PurpleMonkeyDishes

28 Apr 2018

EnochLight wrote:
28 Apr 2018
27 Apr 2018
Propellerhead don't provide anything for IDT
The whole point of IDT is to make releasing sample libraries and "Kontakt-like" instruments possible. ;)
Exactly, But The content (Tools) inside IDT are ujam built not Propellerhead. That poster makes it sound like Propellerhead provide a whole bunch of effects that can be simply re packaged! But I think that question has been answered since, so back on topic....
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

EnochLight

28 Apr 2018

28 Apr 2018
EnochLight wrote:
28 Apr 2018

Exactly, But The content (Tools) inside IDT are ujam built not Propellerhead. That poster makes it sound like Propellerhead provide a whole bunch of effects that can be simply re packaged! But I think that question has been answered since, so back on topic....
You’re making assumptions. For all we know, Ujam provided the sample content, and Props built their IDT’s in-house - I mean, unless Props stated somewhere they didn’t build them? Also, don’t be so sure about the effects available in IDT. There are some. If I were to release a Kontakt library, there are plenty of built-in effects available. Seeing as how IDT was originally meant to help facilitate the porting of Kontakt libraries, it stands to reason...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Softphonics

28 Apr 2018

EnochLight wrote:
28 Apr 2018
28 Apr 2018

You’re making assumptions. For all we know, Ujam provided the sample content, and Props built their IDT’s in-house - I mean, unless Props stated somewhere they didn’t build them? Also, don’t be so sure about the effects available in IDT. There are some. If I were to release a Kontakt library, there are plenty of built-in effects available. Seeing as how IDT was originally meant to help facilitate the porting of Kontakt libraries, it stands to reason...

Hey guys,
I think you are all getting a bit confused. So let me shed some light if I can....

Just to clear that up, Everything available to a developer in IDT is essentially for building RE's that use sample content primarily. That was the original concept anyway!
Last edited by Softphonics on 28 Apr 2018, edited 1 time in total.
------

EnochLight

28 Apr 2018

Softphonics wrote:
28 Apr 2018
EnochLight wrote:
28 Apr 2018

Hey guys,
I think you are all getting a bit confused. So let me shed some light if I can....

Just to clear that up, Everything available to a developer in IDT is essentially for building RE's that use sample content primarily. That was the original concept anyway!

The tools made available to the developer in the IDT application are made, supported and owned by UJAM.

Another thing, It is really not as easy to just repackaging an effect, as suggested earlier in the thread ... If it was, everyone would be doing it right!. It is far from easy.
If you build a RE using IDT you are using UJAM software/ application which includes the ability to create effects for obvious reasons like bus or send on a sample based instrument. But again these 'Modules' or 'Building blocks' are all created by UJAM for a developer to expand on. You still have to do a lot of work to get them to do anything.

Does that help?
Yes, it does. Thanks! That said, did not Propellerhead design the IDT SDK?

Softphonics

28 Apr 2018

EnochLight wrote:
28 Apr 2018

Yes, it does. Thanks! That said, did not Propellerhead design the IDT SDK?
Hi Enochlight,
No they didn't design the IDT SDK, You wouldn't be alone in thinking they did though :)
Everything was UJAM, Peter Gorges and his team of excellent top, top people. Obviously in consultation with Prop being the mothership, but IDT is all Ujam. And it must be said there is positive reasons for that from all business angles.
------

Soeno

28 Apr 2018

Peter Gorges from KEYBOARDS?

EnochLight

28 Apr 2018

Soeno wrote:
28 Apr 2018
Peter Gorges from KEYBOARDS?
That's him! :)

https://www.crunchbase.com/person/peter ... n-overview

turn2on
RE Developer

28 Apr 2018

Hi to all.
Before theme is going out of NDA. Not understand why users try to talk about Full RE / IDT detection.. when devs create RE.

DEVs:
Need to say that talks with users about RE architecture is NDA for developers
DEVs are subject to personal liability

To Reason users:
About IDT. ERA of IDT is END!? Not finally.. its also work solution to devs today.. create sample-based cool devices.
Devs can run IDT projects as sample-based RE as all you know long time.

So, developers can going another way and create native RE - in way of sample-based, non-sample based instruments, can create standalone effects and utilities as RE. Original RE. RE without IDT

Now - any users or DEVs not have real needs to use part of RE named as "IDT".
All projects with Developer SDK - native RE.
Hot heads with term "IDT", can stop speculate, if we talk not just about sound libraries.

Devs can come another ways out from IDT. And its not point of speculate.

REASONTALK forum - not place for talks about Developing.
Users that try go be developer and register to know more - also have NDA rules.

Recognise REs by users as IDT - today come wrong by many users. Example - CV inputs limit.. Its wrong way to detect IDT.
IDT speculation - big error of misunderstanding.

SOFTPHONICS - Congratulations with your new works. Its cool.
Last edited by turn2on on 28 Apr 2018, edited 2 times in total.

EnochLight

28 Apr 2018

turn2on wrote:
28 Apr 2018
Hi to all.
Theme is going out of NDA.

To DEVs:
As active Dev, I need to say that into this topic - few times NDA for developers - was violated!
Would you care to point out what was in violation of the NDA? Everything I've read has been public knowledge for quite some time:

https://www.propellerheads.se/press/146 ... extensions

The new Instrument Development Toolkit makes it possible for developers to easily build professional sample-based instruments without writing C++ code. Current Kontakt and NN-XT instrument designers can import their libraries into IDT, greatly accelerating the process of developing instruments. IDT’s vast built-in effect library, full-featured sampler engine, flexibility and powerful scripting language facilitate the creation of one-of-a-kind instruments.
Also, not sure where Andrew is getting U-Jam-made-IDT-SDK stuff from. Propellerhead's official statement suggested that they (Props) developed the IDT SDK, as said in the article linked to above:
“We created the Propellerhead Rack Extension plug-in platform to enable developers to go from initial idea to completed selling product faster and easier,” stated Mats Karlöf, Manager Third Party Developer Relations. “Now, with the Instrument Development Toolkit, it's easy to build powerful Rack Extension instruments for Reason, even without prior coding experience."
..but I'm all ears! :)

esselfortium

28 Apr 2018

Which company created IDT is immaterial to the point, anyway...

Are these Softphonics devices using IDT effects, as it appears?
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

nickb523
RE Developer

28 Apr 2018

esselfortium wrote:
28 Apr 2018

No they are not. Trust me, they are not IDT's.

Can we please just get back to talking about the synth?

Nick :)

EnochLight

28 Apr 2018

nickb523 wrote:
28 Apr 2018
esselfortium wrote:
28 Apr 2018

No they are not. Trust me, they are not IDT's.

Can we please just get back to talking about the synth?

Nick :)
As an armchair ancient history buff, I'm a huge fan of the name for sure. Be sure to include some patches named "Helios", or even a tongue -in-cheek "Rhodes" patch. :D :lol:

Softphonics

28 Apr 2018

esselfortium wrote:
28 Apr 2018

NO!... Can I just ask why you think it appears that way? Because of CV? ...If I add CV capability (Which I was planning to do in update form) will it make you stop saying such crazy stuff? :lol:
------

Softphonics

28 Apr 2018

turn2on wrote:
28 Apr 2018
Hi to all.
Theme is going out of NDA.

SOFTPHONICS - Congratulations with your new works. Its cool.
Hi Turn2on

Personally I am very conscious of all NDA.
There was some misconceptions being spoken and to avoid snowballing into a pile of nonsense I jumped in and set a few things straight for everyone's sake :)

There is certainly no NDA issues, Everything I said was previously said, I just arranged it into a factual order to stop misconceptions.

Good night all
------

joeyluck

28 Apr 2018

EnochLight wrote:
28 Apr 2018

Also, not sure where Andrew is getting U-Jam-made-IDT-SDK stuff from. Propellerhead's official statement suggested that they (Props) developed the IDT SDK, as said in the article linked to above:
It has been known for some time that ujam developed the IDT. They licensed it to Propellerhead. Propellerhead contracted them to do this, so Propellerhead of course did play a part in the making of the IDT, and in essence of being the contractors, they made it happen.

Peter Gorges of ujam is a member of ReasonTalk and talked to us when we inquired back in 2015.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7492208&p=236900&hilit=idt#p236900

Soeno

29 Apr 2018

loved Gorges columns in KEYBORDS, stopped the abo around the time after he left the magazine

nickb523
RE Developer

29 Apr 2018

Here is a very quick and dirty patching demonstration. Please note that the capture is really not the greatest, there is significant artifacting at the start of the video when the OSC's are raw, it doesn't sound like that normally. The video should give you some insight into how Colossus works, what it looks like in the rack, and what is possible overall.

This was all recorded in one take, so it's a patch in 10 mins or so -

Cheers,

Nick

EnochLight

29 Apr 2018

joeyluck wrote:
28 Apr 2018
It has been known for some time that ujam developed the IDT. They licensed it to Propellerhead. Propellerhead contracted them to do this, so Propellerhead of course did play a part in the making of the IDT, and in essence of being the contractors, they made it happen.

Peter Gorges of ujam is a member of ReasonTalk and talked to us when we inquired back in 2015.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7492208&p=236900&hilit=idt#p236900
Cool, thanks for the link - contrary to popular belief, I don't know if this is widely known. ;) As much as I lurk around here, I missed that thread. :lol:

I guess the important part is:
Yes, IDT was built by us [UJam] and licensed to Propellerhead. It was a smart and visionary move on their end to contract this out, as it didn't bind any resources in Propellerhead, and helped them getting it quicker as we had experience with sample engines (Hypersonic - Steinberg, Structure - Digidesign). 3rd parties can pick it up and build sample-based, scripted REs without getting slowed down by having to build an engine every time. Hydronexius is a very good example imho.

• Information