New players are amazing

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tobypearce

09 May 2018

They really are.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

aeox
Competition Winner

09 May 2018

I... must... resist...

pothole

09 May 2018

resistance is futile :twisted:

Aosta

09 May 2018

Just watched the props video on the drum sequencer and nearly lost my mind when it turned into a note sequencer, the possibilities are mind blowing when combined with other players.
Tend the flame

chimp_spanner

09 May 2018

Yeah I basically unsubscribed to a bunch of synths/effects I wasn't using and replaced them with *all* the Players. They're so much more useful than I thought Players could ever be when they first came out, especially once you start chaining them. Surprisingly one of the most useful for me so far has been MIDI compressor, for getting the maximum range out of my Superior Drummer kits without having to go in and re-map velocities every time I change kit/preset. Also note display is surprisingly useful as a basic transposer. Fantastic for those pesky bass patches that are like one or two octaves too low. Serum I'm looking at you...

BRIGGS

09 May 2018

r11s

Lempface

10 May 2018

The drum sequencer is so f***ing cool! The slide and poly rhythms, play head modes, note sequencer... WTHATHSERTSDFG!!!!
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

adfielding

10 May 2018

I'm having tons of fun with the Drum Sequencer. Pretty much my only feature request for that would be pattern chaining, but with how much you can squeeze out of 16 steps already it hardly seems necessary.

stratatonic

10 May 2018

And CV connections on the original Players!

motuscott

10 May 2018

Mind = blown.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

emasters

10 May 2018

Also enjoying the new Players. Didn't think much of them at first, but after using them -- lot's of creative possibilities. Props to Props, for expanding the API for developers, to access Players.

Lempface

10 May 2018

adfielding wrote:
10 May 2018
I'm having tons of fun with the Drum Sequencer. Pretty much my only feature request for that would be pattern chaining, but with how much you can squeeze out of 16 steps already it hardly seems necessary.
When are you going to do more composition live streams. Some of my favorite vids on youtube!
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

adfielding

10 May 2018

Lempface wrote:
10 May 2018
adfielding wrote:
10 May 2018
When are you going to do more composition live streams. Some of my favorite vids on youtube!
Thanks a lot! I’m getting married in about a month so probably not until after then, but I intend to get back into that some time this year for sure.

Aosta

10 May 2018

adfielding wrote:
10 May 2018

Thanks a lot! I’m getting married in about a month so probably not until after then, but I intend to get back into that some time this year for sure.
You don't know the date? :D
Tend the flame

TheGodOfRainbows

10 May 2018

aeox wrote:
09 May 2018
I... must... resist...
What must you resist?

Resonator

10 May 2018

Drum Sequencer really hits the spot for me. I'm hoping to see more drum synths to go along with it.

aeox
Competition Winner

10 May 2018

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
10 May 2018
aeox wrote:
09 May 2018
I... must... resist...
What must you resist?
Upgrading to 10. The goal is to wait for 11 before I purchasing another upgrade.

adfielding

11 May 2018

Aosta wrote:
10 May 2018
adfielding wrote:
10 May 2018

You don't know the date? :D
Haha, thankfully yes, I do, might be cutting it a bit fine otherwise :) I think writing a track using the Drum Sequencer as a base would actually make for a really interesting stream - I ended up playing around with a really basic idea yesterday for far longer than I should have, if I'd have bounced some of the parts to the sequencer I think it'd be a really quick way of getting some ideas going... especially in conjunction with Blocks.

Aosta

11 May 2018

adfielding wrote:
11 May 2018

Haha, thankfully yes, I do, might be cutting it a bit fine otherwise :) I think writing a track using the Drum Sequencer as a base would actually make for a really interesting stream - I ended up playing around with a really basic idea yesterday for far longer than I should have, if I'd have bounced some of the parts to the sequencer I think it'd be a really quick way of getting some ideas going... especially in conjunction with Blocks.
Would be a brilliant idea to showcase the players in a video! I was noodling around with the drum sequencer using Klang and got some really cool weird stuff yesterday.
Tend the flame

Lempface

11 May 2018

adfielding wrote:
10 May 2018
Lempface wrote:
10 May 2018

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Drum Seq.

TheGodOfRainbows

11 May 2018

aeox wrote:
10 May 2018
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
10 May 2018

What must you resist?
Upgrading to 10. The goal is to wait for 11 before I purchasing another upgrade.
I don't have the self control you have. When there's a new version of Reason, I can't resist.

Exowildebeest

11 May 2018

adfielding wrote:
10 May 2018
I'm having tons of fun with the Drum Sequencer. Pretty much my only feature request for that would be
tying notes.

Or am I missing something? :)

moneykube

11 May 2018

aeox wrote:
09 May 2018
I... must... resist...
resistance is futile :o :shock: :lol: :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

soroc sosta

11 May 2018

I am thoroughly impressed with the Drum Sequencer! :o :shock:
It has officially replaced the Cubase Beat Designer as my favorite step drum editor.
Props Props! :thumbs_up:

tobypearce

12 May 2018

Not having to duck down into the sequencer so much whilst making synth patches and rhythms etc is excellent.

I'm finding drum sequencer very versatile too. It's great that you can quickly assign different notes. If you're making a bassline, you probably don't need more than 8 different notes and it's so easy to get drum sequencer to learn which ones you want to use. (And then you can always edit further in sequencer later.)

These new players really bring the Reason Rack alive, principally because some of them trigger the initial sounds (unlike the first bunch of players).

I"m sold on players and they already feel like they have changed the way I create music.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

• Information