Poll: Acoustic Vs. Synth Instrument RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

What types of new RE instruments do you look forward to/ hope for?

More acoustic/world/orchestral instruments please!
55%
More synths- I can't get enough!
No votes
I could use more of either, as long as they're of good quality & unique enough.
24%
I'm completely content with my RE instruments at the moment, and am more interested in buying compelling effect REs.
21%

Total votes: 33
BradfordMoeller

09 Apr 2020

I've made this because I often find myself wanting more acoustic/orchestral/world music instrument REs than what's available.

A super high-quality saxophone RE would literally make my year, for example.

Of course synths will be popular in this kind of format, and in today's musical landscape, but there are so many options, and I personally feel that I have far more synths than I need based on the types of music I typically work with, (not a complaint, just an observation).

What do you think? Are these kind of organic instruments widely desired, or is everyone predominantly looking forward to new/ exciting synths?
:reason:)))

gullum

09 Apr 2020

I play most string instruments I use in my songs on live instruments and not using that many synths for often I use piano or organ RE's so I am already quite covered in instruments RE's

challism

09 Apr 2020

I can see it now: Reason Studios proudly presents.....

A-list Didgeridoo

I voted for more acoustic/natural instruments. I have way more than enough synths in my rack. Don't get me wrong, I love my synths, but they by far outnumber the number of available acoustic instruments in my rack (and in the shop).

I gotta give some love to Klang and Pangea. Those are such a breath of fresh air in my heavily synth populated rack.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MannequinRaces

09 Apr 2020

I'm all synthed out. More organic stuff would be welcome.

BradfordMoeller

10 Apr 2020

challism wrote:
09 Apr 2020

A-list Didgeridoo

I voted for more acoustic/natural instruments. I have way more than enough synths in my rack. Don't get me wrong, I love my synths, but they by far outnumber the number of available acoustic instruments in my rack (and in the shop).

I gotta give some love to Klang and Pangea. Those are such a breath of fresh air in my heavily synth populated rack.
Haha I would love some didgeridoo, and agreed!- I am super thankful for Klang and Pangea, easily my favorite additions to the stock rack since Softube AMP.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2020

BradfordMoeller wrote:
10 Apr 2020
challism wrote:
09 Apr 2020

A-list Didgeridoo

Haha I would love some didgeridoo, and agreed!- I am super thankful for Klang and Pangea, easily my favorite additions to the stock rack since Softube AMP.
There’s a pretty cool didge on Grain and a tambura too. I record my own didge...also I got to record me doing Mongolian and Tibetan throat singing for use in a film. They thought it was cool having a Scottish guy in Sweden sing Tuvan Overtones hahaha.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

BradfordMoeller

10 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
10 Apr 2020
BradfordMoeller wrote:
10 Apr 2020

There’s a pretty cool didge on Grain and a tambura too. I record my own didge...also I got to record me doing Mongolian and Tibetan throat singing for use in a film. They thought it was cool having a Scottish guy in Sweden sing Tuvan Overtones hahaha.
Haha that's awesome!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2020

Still waiting for RS to release Radical Bagpipes.

Or why not Krazy Kalimbas, A-list Banjos, Processed Piccolo?

BradfordMoeller

10 Apr 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Apr 2020
Still waiting for RS to release Radical Bagpipes.

Or why not Krazy Kalimbas, A-list Banjos, Processed Piccolo?
Hahaha Radical Bagpipes. You win this thread.

FLVZ

10 Apr 2020

One thing that I'd love to see that I dont think I've encountered in the RE realm yet, is a hybrid between electronic and acoustic instruments. Its something thats done really well with VSTs. The Spitfire Labs stuff for example, the UI is super simple but underneath the hood are acoustic instruments effected by modular rigs, or processed into subtle obscurity. An example would be like getting a steel guitar and sampling through some kind of S&H (env) driven filter then into a grain delay then a space reverb to create something that sounds both acoustic yet synthesised at the same time.

Yonatan

10 Apr 2020

If only StringWerk got its partner BrassWerk, I would be happy.

xboix

10 Apr 2020

Yonatan wrote:
10 Apr 2020
Stringwerk is based on the e-instruments Session Strings Kontakt library and they do a Session Horns Kontakt library so it would not be out of the question for them to do a BrassWerk RE (or HornWerk?) It probably depends how commercially successful the StringWerk RE has been. You should suggest it to them!

Yonatan

10 Apr 2020

xboix wrote:
10 Apr 2020
Yonatan wrote:
10 Apr 2020
Stringwerk is based on the e-instruments Session Strings Kontakt library and they do a Session Horns Kontakt library so it would not be out of the question for them to do a BrassWerk RE (or HornWerk?) It probably depends how commercially successful the StringWerk RE has been. You should suggest it to them!
HornWerk indeed. I've written to them long time ago and know more have had the request, so I really hope they consider it now when RE shop might have more visitors. I really like their StringWerk, both visually and how it works.

I believe even more people would buy HornWerk as that is a field very much lacking in the shop.
And now with all the Players, it would be lovely to experiment with also for electronic styles.

RE shop may be a bit longer streched through time span when it comes to sale results. It may take longer time to get all revenue but I think good devices are winners in the long run.
Not all people want to depend on Kontakt.
Many of us, me included prefer having a RE in their Rack plugin or directly in Reason.

BradfordMoeller

10 Apr 2020

xboix wrote:
10 Apr 2020
Yonatan wrote:
10 Apr 2020
I messaged them! Maybe some others here will be inspired to do so as well :)

Boombastix
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2020

If SWAM came to RE at a reasonable price, I would be very tempted. Maybe they can price it lower than VSTs considering REs piracy protection?

I'm not sure if any other physical modelling is as interesting as SWAM. Heck it could even be of interest for them to offer a $99 discount so people could get the RRP + a SWAM for the same price as one SWAM VST.

If you need a sax, this is where I would look.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

joeyluck

10 Apr 2020

Boombastix wrote:
10 Apr 2020
If SWAM came to RE at a reasonable price, I would be very tempted. Maybe they can price it lower than VSTs considering REs piracy protection?

I'm not sure if any other physical modelling is as interesting as SWAM. Heck it could even be of interest for them to offer a $99 discount so people could get the RRP + a SWAM for the same price as one SWAM VST.

The SWAM plugins are amazing. I highly recommend them. I have the Solo Strings bundle and I use them with my Seaboard Block. The cello is my favorite. I don't think we'd see them in RE format though.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
10 Apr 2020

The SWAM plugins are amazing. I highly recommend them. I have the Solo Strings bundle and I use them with my Seaboard Block. The cello is my favorite. I don't think we'd see them in RE format though.
Love those guys, spent a fair amount of time chatting with them at NAMM. They promised the were going to put up demos/tutorials of how to create disco strings, ya know, runs falls and stuff. Not seen it tho. Have you tried?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

BradfordMoeller

11 Apr 2020

Boombastix wrote:
10 Apr 2020

I totally forgot about SWAM, their sax VST sounds excellent, thank you!

• Information