The VK-1 paid update paradox (FIXED: UPDATE FREE) Thanks Blamsoft!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Libraquaricorn

11 May 2020

I bought the brilliant Blamsoft VK-1 synthResizer in 2014 for 79$. The full version 1.5 of the VK-1 is currently on sale for 9€ - If you do not already own it. If you supported Blamsoft and Propellerhead's Re-format back in the days by buying the synth around the time it was first released, you can now upgrade to version 1.5 for 15€. I also own several other synth-Res by Blamsoft. It sort of pisses me off that my "loyalty" should COST me money and not - in some way - be rewarded. I'm not even allowed to buy the synth again, since I already bought it. I experience this as nothing but a paradox. And do not get me started on Parsec...

Loque

11 May 2020

AFAIR Blamsoft did a big updated and released it as VSTi version too, which they wanted to sell. But i guess the VST market was too saturated and they decided to give it away for free.
And they still want some money for the RE version, because to get some of the invest back...i guess...somehow...maybe...
Reason12, Win10

DaveyG

11 May 2020

Libraquaricorn wrote:
11 May 2020
I bought the brilliant Blamsoft VK-1 synthResizer in 2014 for 79$. The full version 1.5 of the VK-1 is currently on sale for 9€ - If you do not already own it. If you supported Blamsoft and Propellerhead's Re-format back in the days by buying the synth around the time it was first released, you can now upgrade to version 1.5 for 15€. I also own several other synth-Res by Blamsoft. It sort of pisses me off that my "loyalty" should COST me money and not - in some way - be rewarded. I'm not even allowed to buy the synth again, since I already bought it. I experience this as nothing but a paradox. And do not get me started on Parsec...
I agree it's crazy. I can buy the RE for less than you can upgrade it. With most products you would just by a second newer licence but the shop prevents you from buying something you already have!

Put a ticket into RS support and also to Blamsoft. They should at least give you the upgrade for the price of the version on sale. A while back there was a problem that the Synth Rig included an older version of VK1 and RS support would upgrade it for free if you asked them to.

muckmclane

13 May 2020

Libraquaricorn wrote:
11 May 2020
All Blamsoft needs to do is put the update on sale, at the same discount percentage(-85 percent) as the full version which comes to 3 bucks.

Plan b: when the sale is over(9 bucks for vk-1 wtf!) it will be easier to cope with paying 15 bucks for the update for psychological health purposes lol.

I missed the suggested Parsec debacle as I just instantly upgraded when that was an option. What did they get wrong with that?

stp2015

13 May 2020

So I have decided to support Blamsoft here. For the first three people that give me their PayPal address in a private message, I will pay 6 USD so that you can effectively purchase the update for 9 USD.

eusti

13 May 2020

stp2015 wrote:
13 May 2020
So I have decided to support Blamsoft here. For the first three people that give me their PayPal address in a private message, I will pay 6 USD so that you can effectively purchase the update for 9 USD.
Nice one!!! :)

D.

stp2015

14 May 2020

Two payments made :D

muckmclane

14 May 2020

stp2015 wrote:
14 May 2020
Two payments made :D
B.jpg
B.jpg (8.21 KiB) Viewed 3219 times

Loque

14 May 2020

The update and the synth in general seems to be free now.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

Big thanks to Blamsoft!
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 May 2020

Loque wrote:
14 May 2020
The update and the synth in general seems to be free now.

Big thanks to Blamsoft!
Doesn't look free to me. Says €9.00 where I'm at.

madmacman

14 May 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
14 May 2020
Same here: no matter if I‘m logged in or not: 9 bucks (which is a steal nevertheless)

Loque

14 May 2020

madmacman wrote:
14 May 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
14 May 2020
Same here: no matter if I‘m logged in or not: 9 bucks (which is a steal nevertheless)
Hum...yea, so the update was only free :-)
Reason12, Win10

Zac

14 May 2020

Thanks Blamsoft!
Just logged in at RS and the 1.5 update was free 👍

Wouldn't it be nice if RS did a reduced Parsec upgrade at the next sale... It's obviously possible.

Gardinski

14 May 2020

Huge thanks to Loque for the 'heads up'. Greatly appreciated.
I too was trapped in the tricky situation of owning the original from practically day one, but being faced with a steeper upgrade price than the 'new buyer' price.

Making the update 'free' for existing users is a really nice move on Blamsoft's part.

Great respect is due to them for that.

Loque wrote:
14 May 2020
The update …. seems to be free now.

Big thanks to Blamsoft!

challism

14 May 2020

Huge thanks to the Blamsoft team for kicking down a free update for existing owners. That was unexpected and a very welcome surprise to see in my account. It actually got me to load up VK-1.5 and have some fun with it, I haven't used VK1 for ages. It sounds amazing! :) Cheers, Blamco!

Moderator note: I think I'm going to change the subject title of this thread to reflect that this update is free.

Zac wrote:
14 May 2020
Thanks Blamsoft!
Just logged in at RS and the 1.5 update was free 👍

Wouldn't it be nice if RS did a reduced Parsec upgrade at the next sale... It's obviously possible.
That would be most excellent to see RS do the same with Parsec. I somehow have my doubts it will ever happen. I remember they dropped the update price down to $29 for a MM sale one year, but that's the best they've ever offered us. I would probably pay $9 for the update, but not the $39 they are asking. That upgrade price is often times the same (or more than, if my memory serves me) as the sale price, and that just isn't right.

So thanks again to Blamsoft for this act of kindness. Maybe RS can follow their example.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

robotgard

14 May 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

challism

14 May 2020

robotgard wrote:
14 May 2020
The store has become quite terrible. I open and only a huge picture. Why? I want to see new products, discounts and more. Now I have to flip through the huge and slow and the picture page. Shit.

shop_new.png
And it's loading slower than 14.4 dial up in 1994. Must be a new "update" to the store that didn't get checked before going live. I'm sure they will fix it soon. Let's hope this is a sign that they are making some changes and addressing some things with the store/website/my account that need changed.

Libraquaricorn

14 May 2020

Wow, my grumpy little rant paid off...
Seriously, thank you so much, Blamsoft! I am one happy and forever loyal customer now 😁

challism

16 May 2020

Libraquaricorn wrote:
14 May 2020
Seriously, thank you so much, Blamsoft! I am one happy and forever loyal customer now 😁
Now please make a similar post for Parsec 2 and work your magic, Libraquaricorn.

Interesting handle. Do you have 3 birthdays or something? Were you born in Deceptembruary?

FLVZ

16 May 2020

IIRC they initially made update paid (usually all BS updates are free) because it changed the way the synth sounded. And this meant that people's projects wouldn't be affected by the sync all function, and auto updating. Therefore people who updated to the new version, did so as a conscious choice, perhaps after researching what the new one has thats different.

Libraquaricorn

16 May 2020

challism wrote:
16 May 2020
Libraquaricorn wrote:
14 May 2020
Now please make a similar post for Parsec 2 and work your magic, Libraquaricorn.

Interesting handle. Do you have 3 birthdays or something? Were you born in Deceptembruary?
Well, the handle sort of stuck with me from my young days when I was searching and seeking and quite a bit into astrology as a contemplative, meditational tool to understand the paradoxical nature of my personality. My birthday is in January, hence the Capricorn part. The Moon was in Aquarius and the rising sign on the horizon (the Ascendant) was Libra at the moment I was born, and these 3 factors are believed to be equally important parts of what makes up the dynamics of a personality in astrology. It's a bit like synthesis really... The sun sign could be the waveform, the moon sign the filter and the ascendant the envelopes: the output sound, the personality... Oh, well, I've pretty much figured my self out by now so my interest in astrology has disappeared, but it actually was quite a usefull tool to me once.

PhutureD

17 May 2020

before I do the upgrade i have a question - How much different is this version performance - wise? Im using an AMD phenom 6 core with 8gm Ram
and dont want to install this if it will bring my machine to a halt.

• Information