Audio clip launcher for live or jam stuff

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Matti

01 Aug 2021

What do you want to do exactly? I'm not sure what you mean by audio clips in a Reason context.
In what way is "launching clips" different from "playing samples"?

But there is a device that lets you launch up to 16 different samples in different ways.
It's called Kong, with the Nurse Rex and NN-Nano sample players.

You can also play multiple samples samples in NN-XT and Redrum.

jam-s

01 Aug 2021

I think the closest you can get is using https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... er-module/ but it's still pretty cumbersome and limited in comparison to Ableton Live.

miyaru

02 Aug 2021

Ableton and Reason are so different beasts, I could not decide which one to use, so now I use both :thumbup:

Without kidding: using both is expensive but inspirational at the same time. I use the rack in Live and work on Reason 11 Suite standalone DAW. Depending on what I want to do or what my mood is I use both or either one.

I also have Push2 that I use in in Reason too connected by Retouch PusheR2.

It is spending a lot of money on software, but man you really have something!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

visheshl

02 Aug 2021

Buy Ableton Live,if you have the budget for it, it's perfect for what you need to do...plus you can use reason(11) as a plugin inside live. Best of both worlds.

jam-s

02 Aug 2021

Edin_16 wrote:
02 Aug 2021
Thanks, but I want something to trigger AUDIO (Wav, MP3,..) loops in snyc.
No rex.
With Reason you can now convert WAV into Rex, but of course it involves some extra steps and does not work that well for longer bits.

deeplink
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2021

Maybe the new sampler will bridge the gap when it comes.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

artotaku

02 Aug 2021

Edin_16 wrote:
02 Aug 2021
Thanks for the tips. Yes if the new sampler could do this...that would be a very good thing.

But again I clearify my question: Is there a Rack extension, that can trigger audio files in sync and loop.

Important: No extra software or rex loops.
No, there isn´t. I started one but stopped because of time constraints. What I learned from dealing with the RE SDK and sample handling is that an audio clip launcher is possible but there are quite some limitations with the amount of samples and esp. for actions that deal with more than one sample (moving, deleting, etc). Also, if you want to have timestretching to react to Reason tempo changes you have to implement your own algorithm or license and integrate a third party timestretch library.

What is kind of feasible is a 8 scenes x 8 tracks (64 audio sample clips) launcher. For more scenes (128 scenes x 8 tracks) I had some ideas but didn´t went further implementing it.

• Information