'Tis the season for Reason Sale 2021

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

21 Dec 2021

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/deals/

Some good deals. Tribute and Oberon are a steal. The other stuff from Zvork is also worth checking out and also a bundle available.

If you buy Snakebite, you can also use my great Filter Combi2 (caught, caught :-D)

Happy shopping.
Reason12, Win10

crimsonwarlock

22 Dec 2021

I just picked up Oberon. It definitely brings some 'other' sounds to my rack.

Synapse RE-160 is also a must-get at the current price (I already had it). Also, I'm waiting a long time for a sale on Buffre, but I think I'm getting BeatChop now :puf_smile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Skullture

22 Dec 2021

Why no Jiggery pokery sale? :(

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2021

crimsonwarlock wrote:
22 Dec 2021
I just picked up Oberon. It definitely brings some 'other' sounds to my rack.

Synapse RE-160 is also a must-get at the current price (I already had it). Also, I'm waiting a long time for a sale on Buffre, but I think I'm getting BeatChop now :puf_smile:
I’ve never seen a Peff RE on sale. Beatchop is pretty cool. What’s so special about RE-160 over all the other hundreds of compressors?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

22 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
22 Dec 2021
I’ve never seen a Peff RE on sale. Beatchop is pretty cool. What’s so special about RE-160 over all the other hundreds of compressors?
Haven't seen it on sale either before. That you like BeatChop was already clear to me, I found some old messages where you mention it (as I was searching the forum for info on BeatChop). As for RE-160, afaik it's the only DBX-style compressor available as RE.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2021

crimsonwarlock wrote:
22 Dec 2021
MrFigg wrote:
22 Dec 2021
Haven't seen it on sale either before. That you like BeatChop was already clear to me, I found some old messages where you mention it (as I was searching the forum for info on BeatChop). As for RE-160, afaik it's the only DBX-style compressor available as RE.
Hahaha. I’ll need to look for those posts myself. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

22 Dec 2021

crimsonwarlock wrote:
22 Dec 2021
As for RE-160, afaik it's the only DBX-style compressor available as RE.
What is the DBX style?

Mataya

22 Dec 2021

The dbx 160 is a Voltage Controlled Amplifier compressor that uses a transformerless, solid-state design that has endured for decades. The program-dependent compression, combined with multiple gain stage components, creates a sound that is uniquely its own.

Says the internet.

M

Mataya

22 Dec 2021

I've used dbx 160a on dialogue for years and it was ok. But dbx 160 is the compressor that's important for the subject, I think. Great for parallel smashing and whenever you need a very fast attack and release times. Because 160 is fast.
M

crimsonwarlock

22 Dec 2021

Mataya wrote:
22 Dec 2021
Because 160 is fast.
Yep. Works nicely on drums. It also has been used a lot as the fast compressor that paired with a slower compressor (mostly a LA2A) in serial creates a well-known vocal chain trick that gives very smooth compression.
-------

DaveyG

22 Dec 2021

I owned a 160 for many years and was happy with it but it's nothing special by modern standards. I sold it and have no regrets. YMMV.

joeyluck

22 Dec 2021

So many great deals! I'll wait right here while Reason Studios thanks the third party devs for keeping many of us interested in Reason :P

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2021

joeyluck wrote:
22 Dec 2021
So many great deals! I'll wait right here while Reason Studios thanks the third party devs for keeping many of us interested in Reason :P
YES!!!!!!! 💥
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

22 Dec 2021

My top picks (just by taking a quick glance):
  • Speo's Strive Creative Filter. Incredibly cool sounding and fun to play with it. Nothing like it! Only $19!
  • UJAM's Virtual Bassist bundle. All 3 Virtual Bassists for just $55! Includes both player and instrument modes. The basslines are catchy and incredibly useful or you can take full control in instrument mode and it has legato samples!
  • Lectric Panda's Fritz. Sonic madness and intelligent random exploration. I have fun and spend a lot of time with this just hitting the random button. Only $15!
  • Speo's Tribute. Released last year and then overhauled just months after in response to user requests. One of my favorite synths for Reason and a very unique sound. 50% off for $25.
  • ANY of the REs by Kilohearts! Very useful tools and all 50% off. My favorites are Disperser, kHs Resonator, kHs Pitch Shifter, kHs Trance Gate, kHs Transient Shaper.
  • McDSP's Futzbox. One of the most valuable sound design tools I own and have used countless times. 75% off for just $19.
  • Retouch Control's Morpher CV Utility. I still wish the Combinator offered an interface like this with an XY pad that targets and controls the macros. It's a little bit of work to get setup with CV, but the programming is clever and the result is great! Only $9!
  • Synapse Audio's Obsession. Certainly one of the best new synths to hit the Reason rack and I believe this winter has been the first time it has gone on sale. Roughly about 22% off for $69.
  • Ekss's ES-01. Still my favorite from Ekssperimental Sounds! Great sounds including the click when you turn it on!
For myself, I'm looking at Rob Papen's Go2. It was a while ago that I tried it (while distracted with other things). I remember liking the patches. For $29, you can't go wrong with any RP synth. I'm also looking at Kuassa's Amplifikation bundle, but might wait until it goes on sale after Lancaster is added to the bundle...

• Information