(solved) Red Rock sound REs mostly gone?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
mdcmdcmdc

13 May 2023

Hi folks,

It looks like most of Red Rock's REs are now missing from the shop. Anyone happen to know if they're gone for good?

Thanks!

Loque

13 May 2023

I tried to contact him a few days ago and did not yet received a answer
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

13 May 2023

Interesting. All of those missing products are still listed on their site. And it's not like they all have VST counterparts available for all of them. Could be a shop error?

ambi

13 May 2023

Phew... I'm so glad that I bought Ivoks a few weeks ago.
Is the developer Russian? Because I know a Russian guy who suddenly wasn't able to do business in Google Play Store anymore because of sanctions against Russians.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 May 2023

Seems like there's only their free stuff left in the Shop.
Red Rock Sound has (or had?) some gems for sure. My personal favorites from them are Red70 and Ivoks.

crimsonwarlock

13 May 2023

Darnit, I was just thinking of getting their C1-L1 compressor :shock:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Loque

13 May 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
13 May 2023
Darnit, I was just thinking of getting their C1-L1 compressor :shock:
Get the Molot compressor and you have the same, except it is a VST.
https://www.tokyodawn.net/vladg-molot-compressor/
Reason12, Win10

Steedus
Competition Winner

13 May 2023

Ahh crap. I was always tempted by the multi fx rack but always found an excuse to put it off till later.

Biolumin3sc3nt

13 May 2023

Aw hell naw!

Red Rock

13 May 2023

Hi all,

I didn't want to make an official announcement while we're trying to fix the problem, but since there's a forum thread, I'll answer a few questions about our missing plugins from the Reason Shop.

There is a problem with payouts, we can not receive funds for sold plugins. This is not the fault of the Reason Studios team. The problem lies in banking operations and sanctions imposed on our country. I think it's not a secret that we are developers from Russia.

There are two solutions to the problem:
1. We are trying to restore the payment method, if everything goes well, we will return the plugins to the Reason Shop as it was before.
2. If the first option fails. Then we will return the plugins to the store at an overpriced $999 so that we can release plugin updates, but the high price should discourage new users from purchasing, as we won't be able to get those payouts anyway.

I just want to say that in no case will we abandon the users of our plugins and come up with a way to solve the problem that has arisen.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that we have an offer that you can get the same name VST plugins if you have purchased RE plugins.

To get the plugin, send to re2vst@redrocksound.pro a screenshot of your Reason account showing the purchased RE plugin or receipts for paying for the RE plugin. Within 48 hours you will receive a license to your email to activate the VST, AUv3 (Mac/Win) plugin.
Note: The promotion is valid only for users of RE plugins to get VST, AUv3 (Mac/Win). Users of VST plugins cannot get RE plugins or AUv3 for iOS.

Peace and goodness to all.

challism

13 May 2023

Maybe Reason Studios can pay Red Rock with Bitcoin.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

ambi

14 May 2023

challism wrote:
13 May 2023
Maybe Reason Studios can pay Red Rock with Bitcoin.
Not sure but trying to evade sanctions could cause legal trouble for Reason Studios.
That's why I don't like sanctions. They always hit the wrong people.

Good luck and all the best to you Red Rock.

crimsonwarlock

14 May 2023

Loque wrote:
13 May 2023
...except it is a VST.
This.

I've used Molot for years while on Reaper (it is still installed, together with Reaper). But I'm moving to RE-only now as much as possible, as I've developed a serious distaste for floating windows.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 May 2023

Maximum support to you Red Rock!
I wish you to get back up and running stronger than before!

Steedus
Competition Winner

14 May 2023

Thanks for the update post. Hopefully things can get sorted out. Glad to hear it's not a permanent removal. All the best with what's going on.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
14 May 2023
Is turn2on also based in Russia?
Yes
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

15 May 2023

I wonder if RS are just accumulating the Turn2On and RedRock amounts due as accounts payable to be paid after the sanctions are finally over. Hopefully it won't be a deal like the US sanctions against Cuba that have been in effect for what.. 60+ years now? Not to get political or anything, but that's pretty much what sanctions are. Anyway, I hope this horrible mess is resolved soon and our Russian friends can get paid for their RE sales.

motuscott

15 May 2023

That's a shame, they make great plug ins. Good luck to them
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Loque

15 May 2023

This is a reminder to keep politics or any illegal ideas out of the forum, including how to surround sanctions.

Thanks for your understanding.
Reason12, Win10

challism

15 May 2023

Yep. We might as well lock the thread. The question has been answered by the dev and there's not much else we can do other than get political and start scheming up ways to circumvent the sanctions, which we don't want to do on RT.

• Information