Auto-Tune Reason now $49

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

09 Sep 2023

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ne-reason/

Looks like the regular price has been adjusted from $99 to $49, I'm guessing to reflect the price of its VST counterpart, Auto Tune Access (which just so happens to be on sale currently for an additional 25% off). But hey, it's nice to see the price adjustment.

Some people may not see the point when already having Neptune. Others claim that the Auto-Tune algorithm sounds better.. Maybe it varies depending on the audio and vocal performance... I'm just here to report that I noticed the price adjustment :D

It has also never gone on sale before. So this is the first time it has been a price other than $99.

Ichooselife

09 Sep 2023

joeyluck wrote:
09 Sep 2023

Looks like the regular price has been adjusted from $99 to $49, I'm guessing to reflect the price of its VST counterpart, Auto Tune Access (which just so happens to be on sale currently for an additional 25% off). But hey, it's nice to see the price adjustment.

Some people may not see the point when already having Neptune. Others claim that the Auto-Tune algorithm sounds better.. Maybe it varies depending on the audio and vocal performance... I'm just here to report that I noticed the price adjustment :D

It has also never gone on sale before. So this is the first time it has been a price other than $99.
tbh i’m one of those that will say having neptune
and pitch edit in reason i don’t really see the point of owning this ? what’s your view ?

joeyluck

09 Sep 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
09 Sep 2023
and pitch edit in reason i don’t really see the point of owning this ? what’s your view ?
It's been a while since I've tried it, so can't determine which is better overall, but they are subtly different. For me, with many different plugins, the results can vary. For instance, like pitch shifting or formant shifting plugins, where some seem to work better on different material and performances. For pitch shifting, sometimes I transpose in the sequencer, most often I use kHs Pitch Shifter, other times I use Neptume's pitch shift and each might work better on different material. So having a few in my tool box is great to do just that. I always like options.

Ichooselife

09 Sep 2023

joeyluck wrote:
09 Sep 2023
Ichooselife wrote:
09 Sep 2023
It's been a while since I've tried it, so can't determine which is better overall, but they are subtly different. For me, with many different plugins, the results can vary. For instance, like pitch shifting or formant shifting plugins, where some seem to work better on different material and performances. For pitch shifting, sometimes I transpose in the sequencer, most often I use kHs Pitch Shifter, other times I use Neptume's pitch shift and each might work better on different material. So having a few in my tool box is great to do just that. I always like options.
i like to just have one it helps me just go with it tbh
like with piano sounds i have a couple and that’s it , i dont like going through too many different plug ins or sounds i can procrastinate pretty bad , so i’ll
stick with neptune and pitch edit but thanks for finding the deal bud .

joeyluck

09 Sep 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
09 Sep 2023
joeyluck wrote:
09 Sep 2023

i like to just have one it helps me just go with it tbh
like with piano sounds i have a couple and that’s it , i dont like going through too many different plug ins or sounds i can procrastinate pretty bad , so i’ll
stick with neptune and pitch edit but thanks for finding the deal bud .
Yeah what I mean is sometimes I'll use a plugin to do vocal effects in which artifacts end up in the result. Sometimes redoing the performance will fix it, other times I'll find that some plugins just work better on different material. I encounter that often when recording character VOs.

challism

10 Sep 2023

Joey is most likely 100% responsible for this price change. If you all only knew the amount of time and work he has put into it. Mission accomplished. Good job Joey! Perseverance pays off.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

crimsonwarlock

10 Sep 2023

At this price, I might actually trial it to see if it brings something to the table that I can use.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

crimsonwarlock

10 Sep 2023

Just as an observation, several REs that disappeared from the shop got a similar price reduction just before they went away. I got PX7 and all the A-list guitarist ones for half price just before they were removed.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Ichooselife

10 Sep 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
10 Sep 2023
Just as an observation, several REs that disappeared from the shop got a similar price reduction just before they went away. I got PX7 and all the A-list guitarist ones for half price just before they were removed.
u might be right bro , or could also be that it’s not that high valued much more in price because of all the freebies and sales lately .

Ichooselife

10 Sep 2023

joeyluck wrote:
09 Sep 2023
Here's a comparison video for those interested:

i’ll check it later bud

joeyluck

10 Sep 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
10 Sep 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
10 Sep 2023
u might be right bro , or could also be that it’s not that high valued much more in price because of all the freebies and sales lately .
As I pointed out, the price of its VST counterpart is $49. That changed from $99 to $49 a while back and it just took a little longer for the RE price to be adjusted.

Ichooselife

10 Sep 2023

joeyluck wrote:
10 Sep 2023
Ichooselife wrote:
10 Sep 2023

As I pointed out, the price of its VST counterpart is $49. That changed from $99 to $49 a while back and it just took a little longer for the RE price to be adjusted.
are there anymore rack extensions that are over the vst price

crimsonwarlock

10 Sep 2023

Roughrider comes to mind. The VST version has always been free, even the updated second version. The RE is still 28 euros, and not even a sale on that in years (or ever) and no updates.
-------

moneykube

10 Sep 2023

joeyluck wrote:
09 Sep 2023

is there a vst version that is not subscription?... I went looking for one but kept finding subscription stuff.
So why does this rack have only 3 stars in the shop with over seventy votes?
This rack for me costs $69 Canadian- still a bit pricy imo... not sure it will benefit me much unless I am missing something.
If it's good , it would be nice to have on my field recording laptop before authorizer quits working. The cv stuff looks interesting.
I generally pitch things manually, but that can be time consuming :re:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

joeyluck

11 Sep 2023

moneykube wrote:
10 Sep 2023
joeyluck wrote:
09 Sep 2023

is there a vst version that is not subscription?... I went looking for one but kept finding subscription stuff.
So why does this rack have only 3 stars in the shop with over seventy votes?
This rack for me costs $69 Canadian- still a bit pricy imo... not sure it will benefit me much unless I am missing something.
If it's good , it would be nice to have on my field recording laptop before authorizer quits working. The cv stuff looks interesting.
I generally pitch things manually, but that can be time consuming :re:
Yes, the VST counterpart is Auto-Tune Access. It's also $49...although it's an addition 25% off right now.

https://www.antarestech.com/products/auto-tune/access

If you're only seeing subscription options, you need to scroll right.

moneykube

11 Sep 2023

joeyluck wrote:
11 Sep 2023
Yes, the VST counterpart is Auto-Tune Access. It's also $49...although it's an addition 25% off right now.

um no..two options .
Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 7.51.59 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 7.51.59 AM.jpg (309.1 KiB) Viewed 3580 times
and not $45 scrolling to next dot
Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 7.59.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 7.59.44 AM.png (363.39 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
The rack appears to be better priced but will likely never get updated.
Is the rack worth that much money? The Canada $69 dollar question.
70$ minus 25 percent I guess is lower, but I doubt that is a Canadian price at $70 dollars unless they figured out where I lived with their internet ip ways.> so that brings it up to about 90 dollars Canadian > with 25 percent off...
and why does the rack only have 3 stars if this is the state of the art autotuner ?

PGR

11 Sep 2023

I think you get 25% discount automatically applied at checkout?

joeyluck

11 Sep 2023

moneykube wrote:
11 Sep 2023
joeyluck wrote:
11 Sep 2023

um no..two options .Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 7.51.59 AM.jpg
70$ minus 25 percent I guess is lower, but I doubt that is a Canadian price at $70 dollars unless they figured out where I lived with their internet ip ways.> so that brings it up to about 90 dollars Canadian > with 25 percent off...
and why does the rack only have 3 stars if this is the state of the art autotuner ?
Gotcha. Dang, yeah that's the Canadian dollar. That's confusing. Do other stores present it as CAD or CA$?

Anyways, here's what I see:
Auto-Tune Access perpetual price.png
Auto-Tune Access perpetual price.png (219.39 KiB) Viewed 3519 times

The 25% off discount is off of that regular price.

As far as the RE, I imagine it has a lower rating in the shop because it has had a price of $99 for the past 3 years. And while it might sound better than Neptune, I'm guessing most users rated it based on its added value on top of already having Neptune.

The RE has never been on sale, so every rating has been based on that $99 price tag. Not to mention, while remaining $99, Auto-Tune Access went on sale very often for $49 and then eventually received a permanent price adjustment to $49 a while back and the RE price remained unchanged. I don't think there is anything wrong with the RE and I haven't seen any posts about issues. So I would guess the ratings have largely been based upon the price / added value more than the quality.

I think this is a good reason why we need reviews in the shop, as well as a breakdown of the ratings per number of stars given. How many 5 star ratings? How many 1 star ratings? Is it mostly 3 star ratings across the board?

moneykube

11 Sep 2023

joeyluck wrote:
11 Sep 2023
moneykube wrote:
11 Sep 2023

um no..two options .Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 7.51.59 AM.jpg
Gotcha. Dang, yeah that's the Canadian dollar. That's confusing. Do other stores present it as CAD or CA$?

Anyways, here's what I see:

Auto-Tune Access perpetual price.png

The 25% off discount is off of that regular price.

As far as the RE, I imagine it has a lower rating in the shop because it has had a price of $99 for the past 3 years. And while it might sound better than Neptune, I'm guessing most users rated it based on its added value on top of already having Neptune.

The RE has never been on sale, so every rating has been based on that $99 price tag. Not to mention, while remaining $99, Auto-Tune Access went on sale very often for $49 and then eventually received a permanent price adjustment to $49 a while back and the RE price remained unchanged. I don't think there is anything wrong with the RE and I haven't seen any posts about issues. So I would guess the ratings have largely been based upon the price / added value more than the quality.

I think this is a good reason why we need reviews in the shop, as well as a breakdown of the ratings per number of stars given. How many 5 star ratings? How many 1 star ratings? Is it mostly 3 star ratings across the board?
obviously they knew I was in Canada lol... Reason , Arturia, Native Instruments show me the Canadian cost... other sites are in USD, euro or some other currency and the exchanged is poor on the Canadian dollar everywhere. Sometimes the price exchange shock surprises me.
Yes, yhat Indeed would be a good reason for the rating... I often see 4 and sometimes 3 star ratings...
Reviews would be great idea... I hope they do that some day. :thumbs_up:

Loque

14 Sep 2023

Chi-Individual wrote:
14 Sep 2023
Does anyone know if you get the RE free if you buy the vst or vice versa like Synapse Audio does?
I doubt that. But feel free to ask them.
Reason12, Win10

avasopht
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
09 Sep 2023
They're different.

Maybe apply some reverb before going into Neptune to change its behaviour a little.

crimsonwarlock

16 Sep 2023

Installed the trial this morning and going to test it today and see if it is useful to have besides Neptune. Funny thing, some of the combinators that comes with Auto tune, have Neptunes in them as well.
-------

crimsonwarlock

16 Sep 2023

Already did some testing, comparing AutoTune to Neptune, and also FireMint for good measure.

Autotune is absolutely the cleanest when it comes to pure tuning of vocals. Even though it has just a few options (I was kinda disappointed that the two big knobs are just switches with three options). I can already see this becoming a default on my vocal tracks, where Neptune would never be a default thing on every vocal track for me.

Neptune, however, has way more options to use it as a creative effect. It won't be replaced by Autotune in any way for that. Also, for lack of having Autotune, it does pretty well for basic tuning of vocals, but you need to massage its settings more for that. Autotune seems to have the better defaults.

Firemint is not really aimed at vocals tuning, although the latest update got settings for tuning range. It impacts the sound too much to be useful for clean tuning. I bought Firemint for creating alternative (backing) vocals from my own vocals, and it does excel in that area. Neptune can fill that role as well, but Firemint does it a bit better, at least for me. Autotune is useless for that, as it lacks options to tune the vocals up or down x-amount of notes. You could use the note-in functionality for that, but getting a second vocal one octave up or down becomes pretty involved that way. Besides, Autotune lacks formant settings.

Bottom line, I'm going to pull the trigger on Autotune soon-ish. I think the current price is fair for what it can do (basically a one-trick pony), before it was overpriced for me.
-------

• Information