Scenic Hybrid Instrument -- Multiple bugs / glitches

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
luckygreen

25 Dec 2023

Windows 10 v22H2 build 19045.36.93
Reason v12.7.1d91 build 15.467 stable
Reason Companion v2.0.6.49
Scenic v1.1.0

(1) I was downloading the trial of Scenic. Multiple times it fialed to install: Download was complete, companion showed "Unpacking RE" and a little later something like "failed to install". Ok, whatever. The third or forth time it worked.

(2) Every now and then I get hanging notes when playing Scenic, most obvious with the factory preset "Tension" and playing multiple keys at once. No other RE does that, at least not that I'm aware of.

(3) Don't know if this behavior is intended: in sample engine A and B you can turn on and off the granular feature. Although the granular feature is doing it's thing in the background, it is visibly turned off. You have to click the on-switch to see what it is set to do. So it looks to be disabled when really it is enable and doing it's granular stuff under the hood. I guess that is a bug. Have to verify with the manual ...

(4) Can't find the manual. As others already posted on reasontalk: Reason Studios reportedly stated that there will be no manual.

So what's up with this lovely little rompler?
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

luckygreen

27 Dec 2023

Can someone please reproduce / verify?
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

luckygreen

06 Jan 2024

Alright, for anyone who's interested in the matter: I asked Reason Studios support:

(1) No manual for Scenic. That's right. "This was a decision by the (then) product manager."

Bummer. Although Scenic looks to be a rather simple rompler (Do you say that in english too? A device that plays back samples from "ROM"?) but I find the Reason Studios manuals a good read. I simply like those manuals.

(2) Yes, Scenic has a hanging note glitch. "bug report with R&D" was issued.

I guess this bug was introduced with a recent version of Reason 12. Otherwise why has nobody reproted the issue since the release of Scenic? There must be thousands and thousands of Scenic-users.

(3) Yes, there is something wrong with the granular mode. "another bug report [...] assign to R&D."

Same as above. Must be introduced with a recent version of Reason 12. Otherwise this bug would have been fixed years ago I imagine.

That begs the question: Do recent versions of Reason 12 introduce bugs / glitches in other rack extensions as well? Almost all rack extensions won't see any more updates, especially 3rd party ones. That would be a disaster.

DaveyG

06 Jan 2024

luckygreen wrote:
06 Jan 2024
There must be thousands and thousands of Scenic-users.
Actually I think there may not be that many people who make much use of Scenic. It certainly doesn't get mentioned much and it is probably one of the least interesting instruments in the RS stable. Of course, that's not an excuse for RS to ignore the bugs but I suspect those bugs have been in there all along rather than being introduced with R12.

Loque

06 Jan 2024

I am not sure about this hanging note thing...I noticed this in another RE and I am currently discussing it with the dev. So, if RS would confirm it is a bug on R12 it would simplify many things...
Reason12, Win10

Jackjackdaw

06 Jan 2024

I got a hanging note using Arturia Acid V in R12 the other day. I think my laptop is getting a bit old for all the latest stuff these days so I attributed it to that but could be a R12 thing.

• Information