Spring Break Sale

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
crimsonwarlock

30 Mar 2024

dvdrtldg wrote:
30 Mar 2024
Nice to see sale items in the Rewards Store at the reduced price
Very nice indeed, I grabbed Sadist with a 50 points voucher, for the remaining 10 euros :thumbup:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

ksniod

30 Mar 2024

Finally got Sinesynth, Pistons and Coriolis Force
Gonna modulate all those sines and make the audio move :mrgreen:

SebAudio

30 Mar 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
29 Mar 2024
There are a few other Ekks REs on that list, but money..... :lol:
Yes ! But yes… some are too high priced for my wallet : synR and Drumsyn ! Maybe one day…

crimsonwarlock

30 Mar 2024

SebAudio wrote:
30 Mar 2024
crimsonwarlock wrote:
29 Mar 2024
There are a few other Ekks REs on that list, but money..... :lol:
Yes ! But yes… some are too high priced for my wallet : synR and Drumsyn ! Maybe one day…
Agreed, Ekks pricing is on the expensive side of things. But some of his stuff is kinda unique. So I always look at sales like this one to see if there are some real bargains to be had. Ouroboros at 109 euros is far too expensive, and at 60 euros on sale it is still not cheap, but it's a fair price for a deeply integrated multi-FX.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

ekss
RE Developer

30 Mar 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
30 Mar 2024
SebAudio wrote:
30 Mar 2024

Agreed, Ekks pricing is on the expensive side of things. But some of his stuff is kinda unique. So I always look at sales like this one to see if there are some real bargains to be had. Ouroboros at 109 euros is far too expensive, and at 60 euros on sale it is still not cheap, but it's a fair price for a deeply integrated multi-FX.
Hm, Ouroboros should be 49 (USD) normal and 35 on sale..? Do you mean Sadist? That one is 20 modules, that equal only 5 per module normal price or 2,75 on sale ;)

crimsonwarlock

30 Mar 2024

ekss wrote:
30 Mar 2024
Hm, Ouroboros should be 49 (USD) normal and 35 on sale..? Do you mean Sadist? That one is 20 modules, that equal only 5 per module normal price or 2,75 on sale ;)
I obviously mixed those up, as I got both during this sale. Problem is: You can't see the prices of bought REs while logged in (and I'm always logged in :lol: ), and we have that darn euro tax markup. Still, 109 euros for Sadist is steep tmo. Even at the sale price of 60 euros I wouldn't get it, as it is basically 4 FX slots in series. I just grabbed it because it was in the rewards shop and I had a spare 50 euros voucher that I combined with the current sale (and it looks beautiful). To be honest, I didn't even trial it.

Ouroboros, on the other hand, has that very specific cascading feedback-loop, which makes it rather unique in what it can do. Although I'm aware that you can patch individual FX in Reason to the same effect (as I said, I did build a combinator that mimics Ouroboros), but it isn't easy. The current sale-price is what I would normally be prepared to pay outside a sale (I tend to buy REs at full price if I think it's worth it).
-------

deigm

30 Mar 2024

Picked up J Chris Griffin - Studio Piano. It's not a deep discount but it was on my wish-list so..

Popey
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2024

The older I get the more I think I define value after buying a rack extension/vst. It's like I have two stages to buying - the can I afford it/want it stage and then after purchase do I actually use it stage.

Ouroboros has fulfilled both stages as I have used it on every track since I bought it and it's use has been far greater than more expensive purchases in that time.

Its very good and i normally would not recommend something as we all have different tastes but definitely would this re.

Haven't tried sadist as not in a position to buy it so don't want to waste my trial but it sure looks interesting.

ekss
RE Developer

31 Mar 2024

Popey wrote:
31 Mar 2024
Ouroboros has fulfilled both stages as I have used it on every track since I bought it
Wow, thats awesome! <3

madwurmz

31 Mar 2024

I bought the 'ouroboros' , the 'mr spring reverb' and 'Plateverb Mechanical Plate Reverb', ridiculous names but yeah, stacking vintage racks like building a time machine :D

.. I only wish reverbs in general also had a 'sync' option, and now these will make me calculate the length from things called 'multiplier' or 'scale' :?
madwurmz from planet verbs

crimsonwarlock

31 Mar 2024

madwurmz wrote:
31 Mar 2024
.. I only wish reverbs in general also had a 'sync' option, and now these will make me calculate the length from things called 'multiplier' or 'scale' :?
https://anotherproducer.com/online-tool ... alculator/ :puf_wink:
-------

crimsonwarlock

31 Mar 2024

I have all the EQs I need, but I couldn't resist Red Rock's American Model C, for less than a third of the normal price. I also got PlateVerb, to round out my reverb collection (the last reverb on my wishlist). As I'm starting to use more saturation/distortion lately, I grabbed Sadist (with a voucher) and RPdistort. Together with what I already had, I think I'm sorted in this department as well.

I bought Ouroboros, as it was on my wishlist. I also had to buy Quad-FX for a tenner :thumbup:

Finally, the Robotic Toolbox bundle is a steal for me. I wanted the Time Slider, but for a little more than its regular price, I now have all the goodies :puf_bigsmile:

That's it for me for this sale. It coincided with me getting a bit of extra cash available (small inheritance). There are still a few items on my wishlist, but those have to wait for another sale.
-------

avasopht
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2024

ambi wrote:
30 Mar 2024
Ah nice, finally on sale...
Shut up and take my money, ... And the change 🤣

Theo.M

31 Mar 2024

Hmmmm... I am currently watching my cash as coming back to music after 5 years and having a whole bunch of plugins needing paid updates to work on native Apple silicon has kind of killed my wallet.

However is there any RE that can help with auto creation of rhythms where I can use any drum instrument with it? I will be using it in reason plugin mode within pro tools so I'm limited to reason native devices and surprisingly (and excellently), REs. If there's something I will have a look if it's on sale.

Making drum beats is my absolute weakest compositional area and has been for 30 years. When I composed as a duo with someone, he was amazing at that and used to program all our beats from scratch by playing each sound on a keyboard and recording parts till we had the whole rhythm. Not one loop used in any of our stuff pre 2005 but then he got married and had a family and went into the video editing business because he could actually make money from that LOL. I have been on my own since then.

crimsonwarlock

31 Mar 2024

Theo.M wrote:
31 Mar 2024
However is there any RE that can help with auto creation of rhythms where I can use any drum instrument with it?
Did you try BeatMap, it's stock in Reason.

Other options:
- https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... m-trigger/
- https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... generator/
-------

tomusurp

31 Mar 2024

Definitely getting Synapse Antidote. Can never get enough of high quality synths. Although Arturia’s Analog Lab Pro has been keeping me busy

Gotta see what else makes sense to get in terms of EDM friendly and good mixing tools. I find a lot of the mixing RE’s outdated
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

moalla

31 Mar 2024

How TS-1 Time Slider works to modificate the vibe of several recorded tracks, still not so happy to change the starting points of sampled loops in our rehearsals the last weeks in the sequencer.
100ms looks not so much, how are your experience with TS-1?
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

ksniod

31 Mar 2024

ksniod wrote:
30 Mar 2024
Finally got Sinesynth, Pistons and Coriolis Force
Gonna modulate all those sines and make the audio move :mrgreen:
Added Phraze and PSQ-1684

ekss
RE Developer

31 Mar 2024

moalla wrote:
31 Mar 2024
How TS-1 Time Slider works to modificate the vibe of several recorded tracks, still not so happy to change the starting points of sampled loops in our rehearsals the last weeks in the sequencer.
100ms looks not so much, how are your experience with TS-1?
For micro timing 100ms is well enough. It's quite astonishing how much a few mSec change the vibe of a track, like sliding the drums slightly forward makes it feel more excited, with urge, as opposed sliding it backward infuse a feeling of relaxation, almost sluggy or sloppy. Small changes do make a big difference :)

Theo.M

01 Apr 2024

I said previously the legend might not be worth the 110 Euro with its limited polyphony but I am using the demo and it's outstanding. I just want to correct what I previously said as it's definitely worth it for those who have the cash to spend.
BTW it currently seems to be 99 USD, so I don't know if that's because of the sale, sorry if it's not and I am in the wrong place.

Theo.M

01 Apr 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
31 Mar 2024
Theo.M wrote:
31 Mar 2024
However is there any RE that can help with auto creation of rhythms where I can use any drum instrument with it?

Other options:
Yes but I want something where I can see the sequence, so what I really want is a multi track sequencer with generative abilities or even random rhythm creation per step/sound.
I don't really use the Reason stock but I will definitely check the 3 you linked to, thanks!

Edit, the Euclid seems to be definitely what I am after but it seems to only be a single track, wish there was an 8 lane version or something. I guess I'd need to take each cv of the drum sound on a drum synth to a single instance each?

dvdrtldg

01 Apr 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
31 Mar 2024
Theo.M wrote:
31 Mar 2024

Other options:
Ochen K's Probability Drum Trigger looks great, for some reason I never knew it existed even though I have a bunch of his other REs

The seed function adds something very cool to the randomness, and the ability to link probability with velocity is a great idea. It's a shame he's not around any more

crimsonwarlock

01 Apr 2024

Theo.M wrote:
01 Apr 2024
Yes but I want something where I can see the sequence, so what I really want is a multi track sequencer with generative abilities or even random rhythm creation per step/sound.
The trick is to generated MIDI from BeatMap, and then edit/chop that for final results. Together with some slight randomizing of the patterns, this has made BeatMap into my default session drummer :puf_wink:
Theo.M wrote:
01 Apr 2024
Edit, the Euclid seems to be definitely what I am after but it seems to only be a single track, wish there was an 8 lane version or something. I guess I'd need to take each cv of the drum sound on a drum synth to a single instance each?
Instead you can get the player version (https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n-rhythms/), where you can simply stack them for the amount of notes. Check this video:

-------

Theo.M

01 Apr 2024

too late now, I didn't even realise there was a player version, won't pay for the same thing twice. What a shame. I would have much rather the player:(

crimsonwarlock

01 Apr 2024

Theo.M wrote:
01 Apr 2024
too late now, I didn't even realise there was a player version, won't pay for the same thing twice. What a shame. I would have much rather the player:(
I've had Eclidian player for a few years now, but just today decided to get Euclid as well (and I did :puf_smile: ). The player version makes it easy to stack them, but you can wire-up the same with Euclid. However, Euclid has a step-trigger input, which gives all kinds of possibilities. Like stepping one Euclid with a pattern from another Euclid. This is not possible with the player version. So, although the player version makes some things easy, tmo Euclid is the more powerful version :thumbup:
-------

• Information