Some help to make a patch...Faithless / Insomnia

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
jpf

03 Jan 2016

Hi everybody,

I am not good on programming patches... Any idea about how to make the sound of Faithless / Insomnia that start at second 30 ?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Vince-Noir-99

03 Jan 2016

Sounds like a pitched choir sample, so in general, unless you find an audio sample of some classic techno/house 'ahh', 'voice pad' etc, it works really nicely to synthesise your own sound, sample it into an NN19 and play it there up and down the keys to get that nice degradation. Also the sample quality buttons on the samplers are amazing for that 80-90s sampler grit.

Malström has some voice wavetables that might work 1,2,3.. Try resetting the patch and play D up and down between 2 octaves (I find adding the B below to also work) with the FemaleChoir or BreathVoices sounds, or somewhere around there. I have those two on each OSC and tweaking shift, I'm hearing something close. No attack, 50% decay, no sustain, no release.

Could be a starting point, but I invite others to suggest different ways, because there could be many :)

jpf

03 Jan 2016

Thank you. I am going to try that!

• Information