Bricasti M7 refill

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
carlosedp

04 Jul 2015

Here's what I've been playing for the last couple hours:

And with the combi open:

The same problem with Lex 480L refill. I did not get a response from Samplicity to allow me distribute it. Do you guys think it's a problem to distribute it with proper credits?

The entire refill is made of combinator patches containing two RV7000MK2 in true stereo fashion.

What a pain to dust off my photoshop skills to create the custom backdrop.

Carlos

Arsenic

04 Jul 2015

As far as redistributing stuff without permission, I go by the adage of "Do as you would be done by". I would not want someone redistributing my work/content without permission, so I wouldn't do it with anyone else's content. Sorry, but I'm against it.

If you really want to do something, you could always provide a link to download the samples from the site and just supply the patches here. Then it would be up to the individual to put the two together. They can always pack it into a Refill for themselves if they want, or just leave the loose patches in a folder with the samples.

You could even provide a ready made folder structure, with an empty folder for the samples to go into so that the patches will work without changing anything, particularly for anyone who isn't too sure how to go about it.

EDIT to add: You could also do the same for the Lex 480 you wanted to share.
Last edited by Arsenic on 04 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.

eusti

04 Jul 2015

Nice approach and advice, Arsenic!

Agreed! That is most likely the safest option unless you are able to get consent from the content creators...

D.

Theo.M

04 Jul 2015

Hi, who was the creator of the first library (the lex 480)

simplicity are still around and very much alive so I doubt it's ok to distribute that one without express permission. It's available to all to download anyway. What you CAN distribute without any shadow of a doubt is presets and combinator skins, and say "these require this set of donation-ware impulses" with a link to samplicity's site. That is the correct way IMO.

The lex 480 I can't see on their site so i presume that was from somewhere else...?

8cros

17 Jan 2016

send a backdrop and rack rear at least. :puf_unhappy:
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

• Information