New String Refill "Chambre" from Softphonics

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
SoulState

17 Apr 2015

Softphonics wrote:  ...but i'm sure adding a well know unzipping utility to your machine is not the end of the world SoulState  :)
Yeah I know i know...
But you know what it's like; you've just downloaded a hot strings refill and all you want is to get on it :comp:    not pfaff about with third party unzippers 

But anyways I'm blaming Apple for the inconvenience not the Softphonics team...You guys got back to me lightening quick with the Mac zip issue info; so respect for that. :thumbup:
:reason:

Yonatan

18 Apr 2015

Hi Softphonics! 

Great to see so many sound developers here at this forum. 

Nice that you did that longer demo video inside of Reason. 

I love Refills and with the new browser, it is more reachable.

Just for curiosity I just wonder if you have thought of making 
Rack Extentions and the reason you stick to Refills. 
I do not make any statement what is to prefer, 
but wonder if there is limits in that platform (GB restriktions?)
that makes you stay out of it, or is it mere the speed at which
you can work being more used to Refill-making? 
Or is it a different payment scheme, and understand
you can sell refills in other places but REs is only through the PH-shop. 
And then we have the ability for DROctorex-versions...

Is it maybe a combination? 

Do not have to answer specific but as the question were taken up earlier in the thread, 
maybe you could give us just a hint. 

I will sooner or later end up with this ChambRe. 
I would later also love to have more sophisticated Brass refills or REs to choose from in the shop. 

But that new crazy piano thing looks interesting too! 

Yonatan

18 Apr 2015

Big big thanks for taking the effort and time to explain!
Very good answer that makes it a bit clearer why we see so few IDT instruments coming to the shop. I will keep buying and using Refills when it comes to soundbanks and instruments. Combinators is such a nice invention. Sooner or later we will see some changes in the RE-field but it seems it may take a while until instruments to for instance Kontakt, will become adopted to Reason.
I am really glad deveopers like Softphonics among others are still making high quality instruments and soundbanks to the Reason platform. Have a great weekend!

jallen97

20 Apr 2015

Got it.... WOW!!!!!!!!!' Very nice!!!!! Highly recommend!!!!!
The thing that surprised me is how much more room for expression the 24 bit samples give me when I play them with my EWI. So more fun with the extra headroom!!! I'm going to get A LOT of use out of this refill!!!!

TheGodOfRainbows

20 Apr 2015

Why is the price in the Prop shop higher than buying directly from the developer? I find this disturbing. I'm interested in this Refill, so I'm glad this price difference was mentioned before I bought it from Propellerhead.

At Vero Eos

20 Apr 2015

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:Why is the price in the Prop shop higher than buying directly from the developer?
Because of the fees to Stockholm... :)

popp

20 Apr 2015

Wow, the price difference is huge :sneaky: .  But, the one thing I like about buying at Props shop is that I have all my downloads together at one place forever... Otherwise, I have to deal with numerous online stores and passwords. Doesn't suit me well.

Edit: I just realized that the final price is 45 EUR and the 29 EUR is just an intro offer. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Super Dabbler

eusti

20 Apr 2015

Softphonics wrote: Yes 29 is an Intro offer on our site that will not last much longer!
Although Props always are a little bit dearer then buying direct from dev's , for the fact that the refill is always stored on your account etc.. It is a total consumer decision.

Take it easy!

/A

Hi Andrew,

Trying to pick this up from your site, but am getting stuck with both Safari and Firfox on the checkout page...
The continue button is not active... Any pointers?

D.

eusti

20 Apr 2015

Unfortunately it's still not working. Same issue on both Safari and Firefox / Mac: Grayed out continue button.

D.

davidicus

20 Apr 2015

these strings sound huge! i could really use something intimate, like a close quartet, preferably raw sounding with lots of detail. anyone recommend anything like that out there? haven't found much myself...

SoulState

20 Apr 2015

Something like this maybe?  In RE format one day :shock:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZW8quGudN0#t=132
:reason:

davidicus

20 Apr 2015

snap! need this :)

selig
RE Developer

20 Apr 2015

jallen97 wrote:Got it.... WOW!!!!!!!!!' Very nice!!!!! Highly recommend!!!!! The thing that surprised me is how much more room for expression the 24 bit samples give me when I play them with my EWI. So more fun with the extra headroom!!! I'm going to get A LOT of use out of this refill!!!!
It's certainly not the 24 bit aspect that gives you the "headroom" as you describe it, as 16 bits gives you 96 dB dynamic range and you'll NEVER use all of that range! I'd say it's the fact that velocity is mapped more dynamically to the samples that's giving you the wide dynamic response you experience. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

At Vero Eos

21 Apr 2015

eusti wrote:Unfortunately it's still not working. Same issue on both Safari and Firefox / Mac: Grayed out continue button.

D.
Same here, just wanted to buy the pack. Doesn't work for me on Firefox 37.0.1 and Internet Explorer 11! But the checkout process is blocked because i can't hit the next button (grayed).

iramrezso

21 Apr 2015

Would be interested in tracks you made using this string package :)

• Information