3 New Softphonics Refills coming in May

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
K1TTENM1TTEN

28 Apr 2016

Hey there and good morning (where I am at at least, haha), I've got a quick question! Will these refills be made available in a USD/Euro format like many companies are doing, or will USD have to pay twice for the refills? Congrats on the release, I look forward to hearing back!

Softphonics

28 Apr 2016

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:Hey there and good morning (where I am at at least, haha), I've got a quick question! Will these refills be made available in a USD/Euro format like many companies are doing, or will USD have to pay twice for the refills? Congrats on the release, I look forward to hearing back!

Good afternoon!

Not sure I understand what you mean about the currency issue.. Euro & USD are very similar in value these days ? Propellerhead charge the same figure for euro as they do for USD (Example if a refill is $45 in United states, it will be €45 in Europe .. Same figures
On our own website we put the price in Euro, but when paying via paypal it doesn't make much difference to the buyer USD or Euro as the seller pays the fee's etc..

Is this what you mean? Not sure what the "Pay twice" is ?

Thanks
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

K1TTENM1TTEN

28 Apr 2016

Softphonics wrote:
K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:Hey there and good morning (where I am at at least, haha), I've got a quick question! Will these refills be made available in a USD/Euro format like many companies are doing, or will USD have to pay twice for the refills? Congrats on the release, I look forward to hearing back!

Good afternoon!

Not sure I understand what you mean about the currency issue.. Euro & USD are very similar in value these days ? Propellerhead charge the same figure for euro as they do for USD (Example if a refill is $45 in United states, it will be €45 in Europe .. Same figures
On our own website we put the price in Euro, but when paying via paypal it doesn't make much difference to the buyer USD or Euro as the seller pays the fee's etc..

Is this what you mean? Not sure what the "Pay twice" is ?

Thanks
Thanks for the quick reply! Admittedly, I had not ordered anything from Euro in over a year or so, but last time I did I had to pay nearly twice the price (the selling price was €45 but it ended up being close to $90 USD when I went through checkout, hence the "pay twice" the price mindset). The refill in USD ends up being $33 and change, which is not too bad, but I was just unsure how PH did their store as it is €45/$45 straight up during the purchase. Thanks for clearing this up for me :-D

Lov2sing

29 Apr 2016

Softphonics wrote:
Lov2sing wrote:Why didn't they make this into a RE that would be the greatest. Follow this thought. a RE based off of ROM player sound cards then you could introduce new rom cards whenever you felt like it. Roland did it with the D50, JV series, and Yamaha did it with the DX series. It would take less space and only one master RE.

Thanks for the input,
I wont bore you with the details, so in short...
Making them into actual synths RE's requires a total ball of red tape & endless workload, This was the way around it.

:puf_smile:
I understand completely. Last 2 questions; are more synths coming to the collection, because I would like to put in a request for the Yamaha TZ81Z, the Kurzweil K2000, and Yamaha VL7. What is the cost and can we pre order?
We make music for a reason

Yonatan

29 Apr 2016

Which one of these three is good to start with? What are their streangths?
Is 106 a good choice if only afford one of them?

Mauricio Duarte

29 Apr 2016

I was hoping to go for Redominator but after seeing this... i'm not sure anymore. It would be nice to have more preview samples before deciding.

Good work!

Softphonics

29 Apr 2016

Mauricio Duarte wrote:I was hoping to go for Redominator but after seeing this... i'm not sure anymore. It would be nice to have more preview samples before deciding.

Good work!

Hi Guys,

There is preview samples earlier in this thread for each....or on the product pages on our website -

http://www.softphonics.com/Junre-1zero6

Thanks!
------

CharlyCharlzz

29 Apr 2016

Softphonics wrote:
Mauricio Duarte wrote:I was hoping to go for Redominator but after seeing this... i'm not sure anymore. It would be nice to have more preview samples before deciding.

Good work!

Hi Guys,

There is preview samples earlier in this thread for each....or on the product pages on our website -

http://www.softphonics.com/Junre-1zero6

Thanks!

Woooaw very nice , I have first to get GrowlRE now that I did lissen to the track made by Andrew Skelton !
the prices are cool for the callity of the sounds and patch's .
i like that :)
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Softphonics

30 Apr 2016

Thanks guys for all the comments, If anyone needs anything feel free to give me a shout.

Have a great weekend too! :reason:

Andy
________
Attachments
JUNRE106 rev.jpg
JUNRE106 rev.jpg (94.72 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
NEWRE7-DXfm.jpg
NEWRE7-DXfm.jpg (99.99 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
JUPITRE OCTO.jpg
JUPITRE OCTO.jpg (102.12 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
------

Mysterygrimms

03 May 2016

Wow, I was just complaining, about how no reason developer has created a Jupiter 8 refill and I discover this page. Will be buying thanks Softphonics.

Mauricio Duarte

03 May 2016

Please post more reviews! I'm interested in the JP8 refill too

tibah

03 May 2016

Bookmarked the Jupiter ReFill for some future payday. Good stuff!

Mysterygrimms

03 May 2016

Just purchased the Jupiter ReFill. I cannot wait to hear and play the sounds.

The_G

09 May 2016

Are these going to be sold via the Props shop?
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Softphonics

09 May 2016

The_G wrote:Are these going to be sold via the Props shop?

Yes all going to plan they land in the prop shop from tomorrow. . . .

Thanks!
------

Softphonics

10 May 2016

Hey all.

The first 3 HardwaRe Packs are now available via Propellerhead from this morning

PROP SHOP LINKS

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/jupitre-octo/

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/junre-1zero6/

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/re7-dxfm/

------

The_G

10 May 2016

To those who have bought these: which is your favorite and why?
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

12 May 2016

Softphonics wrote:
Wow Matt,
You wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something?

Didn't think Dev's trolled other Dev's so negatively .....

Hi Soft,

I did start that post with a smiley and despite writing it for good humour, for whatever you've chosen to read it in a defensive manner.

Pointing out a factual inaccuracy in a post is not trolling, it's merely correcting a factual inaccuracy. I have to say, I'm deeply, deeply disappointed that your first response there is to yell the Troll world, rather than simply admitting your post was erroneous. If Giles had corrected your error you wouldn't have called him a troll. I didn't criticise you, I didn't criticise your sampling or your sound design, or your pricing. So for the life of me I can't see where the trolling is. A fairly dry comment about the value of 24-bit distribution is also merely an opinion I had you could have actually defended.

When I've posted an assumption that someone has corrected, and this often happens, I'm always happy to admit I was wrong in a follow-up post, and am grateful that I learned something that I didn't know!

Now, if you had said something along the lines of "The DX7 was the first mass market digital synth" that would be correct. Just because I'm a dev you're saying I'm not allowed to point out a common research error that many people make?

regards
Matt

normen

12 May 2016

I gotta say as well, Jiggery did nothing but state facts, dunno what the fuss is about there. I guess its understandable from the OPs side when theres only criticism to the ReFill though - but I don't understand why others would fail to see that as well..

Yonatan

12 May 2016

It´s not always obvious to know exactly in what manner things are written. Very easy to misinterpret a statement and also smileys.
I enjoy the presence and work of both Jiggery and of Softphonics and hope you will continue doing great things for Reason platform,
and that many more will buy your products. All developers in here is such a resource and service for us users. Peace.

Softphonics

12 May 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:
Softphonics wrote:
Wow Matt,
You wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something?

Didn't think Dev's trolled other Dev's so negatively .....

Hi Soft,

Now, if you had said something along the lines of "The DX7 was the first mass market digital synth" that would be correct. Just because I'm a dev you're saying I'm not allowed to point out a common research error that many people make?

regards
Matt
Hey Matt,

No I think that has gotten blown out of proportion. Maybe my own humor does not come across well in "text form"

I was smiling when I wrote that, I pictured you getting up in bad form and I was laughing!

I even wrote on the thread the 'Err' in more detail a couple of posts down where I explained it was the first "mass market digi"

It's all good dude, take it easy.. Thanks for the input!

/Andrew
------

selig
RE Developer

12 May 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote: If Giles had corrected your error you wouldn't have called him a troll.
On a personal note, can I ask you to leave me out of this one from this point on, pretty please? This discussion has absolutely NOTHING to do with me, please don't suggest otherwise.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

yeahright31

16 May 2016

Got some refills arriving in the mail in around about 2 weeks, bought of ebay.
Roland XP80, JV2080, D70 Reason refills.

While I wait i'm very much tempted to buy JupitRe Octo.
What an Amazing job Softphonics have done.

mreese80

16 May 2016

yeahright31 wrote:Got some refills arriving in the mail in around about 2 weeks, bought of ebay.
Roland XP80, JV2080, D70 Reason refills.

While I wait i'm very much tempted to buy JupitRe Octo.
What an Amazing job Softphonics have done.
I still have my Roland xp80 keyboard
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Dante

31 May 2016

After having a great deal of trouble decompressing the JupitRE Octo refill - (Propellerhead told me to try a 'different' unzipper - without making any specific recommendation - where SoftPhonics support told me to try WinRAR) I finally sussed it out and got it done.

According to SoftPhonics 'WinRAR' is what the professionals use. I would think that adding a note somewhere on the props product page for this refill to the effect that WinRAR is recommended would also be a 'professional' thing to do. The user manual on SoftPhonics website says you must 'Unzip/UnRar' the contents - whereas it seems 'UnZip' wont work (probably due the size).

Nonetheless, having quickly surfed the main presets for this beast I must say I am pleased. I will indeed use it where I think a Jupiter 8 substitute would fit. It does have a more analog sound/feel and will provide a break from the kind of 'digital' analog I have been using. I am also pleased that the samples are of 24 bit x 48KHz resolution.

Well done SoftPhonics - next I will try your Rickenbass

• Information